Thuderheart Promotion

Borg

Thunderheart's Promotion

"No more training do you require. Already know you that which you need."Yoda, The Return of the Jedi

Please join me in congratulating Thunderheart on his promotion to Community Relations Manager. Thunderheart has done an outstanding job working with the community and bringing their top issues to the attention of the developers. In his new role, he'll have more power to push those agendas through (previously, he attended Design meetings; now he will also attend Lead meetings). He has always been a firm champion of the community and the promotion is well deserved. w00t!

"Soon I will rest. Yes, forever sleep. Earned it, I have." -Yoda, The Return of the Jedi

Okay, so I shouldn't be so dramatic. But yes, this means old Q-3PO won't be your community manager any more. I think I have had a good run and am proud that for four years our community, despite ups and downs, has been looked at as one of the best in the business by professional colleagues and competitors. This year we were even nominated for a Webby Award. I'm very proud of the work we've done with the website and the community.

I am now passing the mantle of Community Relations Manager on to Thunderheart and will soon be moving on to another project here at Sony Online Entertainment. I'll still be around for a little while to get the Jump to Lightspeed beta up and running (more info on that later this week). From all I have seen and played of JTL, I think people are going to be very happy with it. It focuses on fun content and should compliment the ground game nicely.

Before I leave I would like to thank all of the people on the team and in SOE who have helped me in making the site dynamic and exciting. All of the Community Reps have done outstanding jobs in moderating the forums and adding fun community building features like the Home Show and Quid's Comic. I definitely want to thank TH for diving in with the correspondents and individually working with them in a way that I couldn't. And most of all I want to thank all of you in the community who have added your constructive comments (whether positive or negative) to our forums. With your help (or pushing) we have been able to make tons of enhancements to one of the largest and broadest MMOs on the market. We may not have succeeded in every way and there is certainly a lot to do going forward, but pound for pound (or update note for update note), I think we have come a long way in the last four years in making an expansive, intricate, and engaging Star Wars game. Keep up the quality feedback, report the flamers, and enjoy the game.

May the Force be with you!

~Kevin "Q-3PO" O'Hara, Associate Producer/Former Community Relations Manager Star Wars Galaxies

QandTH.jpg

Archived