Moving the forums.

Balandar

We will be moving thehonorempire.org to a new server over the next 4 - 5 months.

To test the NEW forums, please go here

In a few days, once thehonorempire.net (new domain name until website move is complete) propagates to the new domain servers, I'll make a final backup of the forums here (thehonorempire.org) and import that on the new server (thehonorempire.net). Until then please test the thehonorempire.net forums.

What to look for:

Check the speed at the bottom of the forums. If you see several people online and the forums decrease in speed dramatically, let me know! If the Execution time reaches 0.4 or more, let me know how many users were online at the time. (Our current forums run between 0.3 - 0.5, which is considered slow! And that is when there are only 3 people online!).

If the server load reaches 1 or more, let me know how many users were online at the time.

Also note that between 12am EST and 6am EST tonight (10th/11th) the new server will be down. It will be moved to a brand new datacenter.

I can't get the link to work. So I tried thehonorempire.net and got this:

thehonorempire.net coming soon!

This page is parked FREE at GoDaddy.com!

Is it just that the down time is taking longer than expected?

Moving to the new datacenter seems to be taking longer than expected. I just hope no problems came up. And I am still trying to get thehonorempire.net to propagate properly. Skullcrusherorcs.org already points to the wow subfolder on the new server (except the server is currently being moved). I am not sure why thehonorempire.net would take longer.

New boards are offline until thehonorempire.net can propagate properly.

Once that is done, I'll move the forums over to the new server. I pretty much know how to do it now.