The Barmaid

whiterabbit

*Hudson slowly sipping his ale* Sees the barmaid taking gold from an unsavory looking character She takes his gold and leans forward slipping him a piece of parchment. As Hudson approaches he quickly folds the parchment up, tucking it in his robe and leaves.

Hudson returns to a dark corner and observes many seem to slipping the barmaid gold, in return she either whispers something to them or gives them parchments. He watches in tently as she goes to clean a table where one has passed out from to much drink.*she slowly and very adroitly slips a few coins from his purse* before waking him.* Hudson thinks this is one to keep an eye on* she has ways of getting information

Edited by whiterabbit

Having his breakfast of corn flakes and ale.Hudson sits in a dark corner of the tavern watching.He thinks it time to contact ,Cyric, about this girl.Something about her ,shouts “ I can tell you many things,for a price”Does she know of threats to The Empire?Does she know of buried treasure?Lost items? Yes time for Senator Cyric!!!! Just watch your purse strings Senator.This one is not above a bit of thrivery.Her name is Bly and she can be seen around the tavern or community center in Skara Brea.

Edited by whiterabbit

Early in the hours of morning the tavern crowd slowly thinned out and she sat back to watch. She stretched and yawned; a bogus act she followed through at the end of her shifts, making it look as if she had actually worked a long night behind the bar.

One man kept her attention most of the evening because he merely sipped a watered down ale and kept to the shadows like he was hiding but she had seen his sort too many times to count. Casually she glanced over to where he lurked and a soft chuckle slipped past her lips. She knew he’d still be there and there he was, still nursing that bottle acting as though he was enjoying the bitter taste.

With a stir she moved from her stool and roamed the room all the while she noted his gaze, so she shrugged and checked on a patron slumped over a table, patted his breeches and pocketed what coins he had and then nudged him roughly awake, “Up and at ‘em, Mister…time to get goin’!” She turned on heels grinning prettily just for show as she adjusted her full coin pouch and headed to the next poor lush unfortunate enough to have fallen to the after effects of a long night of drinking.

Soon the tavern was empty with the exception of the lurker, she could sense no danger from him so she simply let him stay put thinking it better to watch the watcher a while longer. A slight shrug and she mumbled to herself, “No need to upset a future customer.”

With a sly smile curling her lips she gave the fellow a wave and headed out the back door, knowing she’d be seeing him again.

Hudson , seeing the tavern is almost empty, decides to see what this girl knows.

*Rising from his seat he goes to the counter*.Hello miss my name is Hudson*smiles warmly*.I have noticed what pretty eyes you have!! They are like pools of the deepest blue in the oceans.I have heard them call you Bly , what a wonderful name.I was wondering , if perhaps you would like to join me for a drink?I think we may have things to discuss?Perhaps get to know each other better?

Edited by whiterabbit

Night after night the same fellow sat in the shadows and sipped on warm watered down ale as he watched her. She knew he wanted something but what?

Each night into the dawn he sat and each morning he was the last to leave. She could tell he wasn’t the type to sit in taverns and lose sleep because of his ever-drooping eyes. The nightly task was starting to wear him ragged and he’d have to finally come ask her whatever it was he wanted to know. It was rather amusing to her though so she played along and let him watch, the way she saw it, either he’d ask or just stop coming.

A few more nights bled into morning and he came to the bar finally with an amusing icebreaker line about the beautiful color of her eyes, of course he was very wrong although they were pale in color they were green and she quickly corrected him.

A few comments flew past her lips about how a man can hurt a young lasses’ feelings by not noticing her eye color and that maybe he’d had too much ale and not nearly enough sleep. He simply smiled and made a sad excuse about poor lighting and a slight apology and then he told her he knew her name, like that was going to smooth her over.

Again she corrected him stating that Bly was only her nickname and that her name given at birth was Blyten. He seemed to stammer a little but he kept trying so hard not to seem nervous and she was not going to give him an inch of compassion. She smiled sweetly at him and shook her head slowly as a coppery eyebrow arched sharply at him.

He finally managed to think up something else to ask rather hastily and asked her if she wanted to join him for a drink and conversation to get to know one another a little better. This made her wince outwardly but she smiled and politely declined pointing out that the sun was now shining outside and that she had to go get her beauty rest.

With a stretch she headed towards the back door but before she left she flashed a bright smile at him and told him when her next shift started and that he could ask her what it was he wanted to know then. He had time for a nod before she shoved the door open and disappeared into the blinding sunlight.

Hudson thinks this one is a lot smarter than he thought.His attempt to learn things from her using his silver tounge.has come to naught.He will have to try the direct approach.He will try to get her into a conversation ,see what she has for sale and for how much.*Doesn’t know how much more of this stale ale he can can stand!!*Hudson pretents to passout.Knowing she will attemp to releave him of a few gold coins.*grabbing her hand as she reches into his purse.*whispering* “Bly lets get this out, I have been observing you for days now.I know you have noticed.Exactly what business are you in??You can’t just be a barmaid who steals a few coins from drunken patrons?

Edited by whiterabbit

The air is damp and cool in his room of stone walls. There is no light save the 3 candles burning from the lone candelabra on the corner of his desk. Ah, yes, he likes it this way. Dark, silent, and still. What better way to think? He looks at the mess of maps and tattered parchments on his desk. Trying to concentrate to put all in order from the most recent reconnaissance mission conducted against the juka race. Suddenly, the silence is broken. A messenger stands in the archway to his chambers with yet another parchment in hand. This one seems different though. Cyric detects a sense of urgency from this messenger. Cyric thanks the messenger for delivering the parchment to him and slips a few coins for his work. Sifting through the message written on the parchment, a wry smile passes upon Cyric's lips and a look of desire upon his face. Could it be true? Another source of information? Perhaps another agent of the shadows? Cyric decides it is time for him to have a first hand look at this barmaid. He gathers his supplies, his cloak, his etheral figurine, and without making a sound slips into the shadows of the darkness of the night on his way to Skara Brae. Fear not Decurion. You soon will not be alone...........

*Nods once to the senator* Hail Cyric.This is the one I spoke of.this is Bly, Bly this is our senator of espionage Cyric.Now come Bly let us here what you have to say!! No Cyric let her talk for now.i don’t think we need your ways of persuasion YET!!

Edited by whiterabbit

Clouds rolled in heavy and thunder rumbled deeply and just as Bly ducked in the door to the tavern the rain poured down in hazy sheets. A quick whistle and she slammed the door shut against the pounding rain and turned to face the room.

Normally the tavern was empty at such an early time of the day but today just wasn’t going to be kind to her. A few mumbled curses slipped past lips mocking a sweet smile as she reluctantly welcomed Hudson and what appeared to be his friend.

No time passed in pleasantries as Hudson finally got straight to the point and asked her what she knew. Still smiling, Bly casually leaned into a prop over the bar top and tilted her head looking at them both with mirthful eyes. She stared at them a long moment and Hudson broke the silence, demanding she tell them all she knew.

Growing less and less amused by the constant drilling of questions she shrugged and narrowed her lashes at Cyric, motioning towards Hudson. “You’re friend here is bad for my business and dangerous for you.” Her eyes flashes on Hudson, whom still wore the same clothes he’d been in since the very first night she’d seen him in the tavern. “You…you should use a little more tact when it comes to secretive matters such as espionage, especially when it involves one of your own higher-ups….you just don’t go around announcing such things!”

A lazy yawn and a roll of slender shoulders straightened Bly’s posture as she adjusted a strap on her leathers, acting as if she was ignoring both the men. Hudson shot a look at Cyric and mentioned something about not needing Cyric’s methods of persuasion. She chuckled softly; waving a delicate hand and asked what exactly it was they wanted to know and how much coin they were willing to donate to her cause.

Slowly she turned her back on them and walked over to a corner behind the bar and sat. “ You fellows take your time now, I’m in no rush.” A slight lean against the wall, her corner was in the shadows so she simply watched and strained her ears against the booming of thunder to hear what the men were discussing.

whispers to Cyric* “see I told you to calm down.She is not a fool to be taken lightly.Let me do the talking for now.Lets see what she has to offer for now.Perhaps a test?We buy somethimg small she how good her info is?Then we see what she else she may have to offer have.Maybe something on your Jukas or what ever\?

*Motions to Bly to come over* Ok darlin exactly what do you have for sale? Treasure maps you say?

Catching the motion of Bly's approaching steps, Cyric puts his hand up to stop Bly in her tracks. He looks at Hudson with his head lowered as his dark cloak begins to flutter from the breeze floating through the establishment from the thunderstorm that is now raging outside. Cyric raises his head a lil more so that Hudson is able to see the features of his shadowy face. Hudson notices something on Cyric's face that he has never seen before. Though Cyric has always been quiet, there is a silence in his eyes that disturbs Hudson. "I have not spoken with but a few of what I am about to tell you Dear friend" he tells Hudson. "You know of my lineage. I am of Half Elf descent. My father was a human, my mother an elf. My Father was killed tryin to protect my Mother, my sister, and I from an Orcish horde that swept into our village when i was young. You know of my sister. Her name is Summer. I was named after my Father Cyric and inherited my mother's last name of Rallathil. I, like my sister, were outcasts in both worlds. We were banished from what was left of the village after the Orc horde swept through. That was the last of the Orcs we saw, or so we thought. We thought wrong. Our mother hid us, tryin to protect us as our father had died trying to. She tried to fend off the Orcs as best she could, but the sheer number of the orcs in this "mop-up" party were too many. She was taken captive. Summer and I remained hidden in the darkness. Darkness gave way to light and not hearing any more sounds of weapons clashing and guttering sounds of orcish war cries, we made our way out from our hiding spot. We used all techniques of survival and evasion that we had learned from our mother to make it to civilization and from there we journeyed until we met our uncle Rasputin. He took us in and treated us as if we were his own kids. Upon taking this Position as Senator, I have vowed to use my skills to obtain information that will help the "Empire" to protect citizens so they would not fall into the same circumstances that my sister and I had been dealt. But by accepting the position, I have not forgotten my other priority: I will find my mother or her remains. Information to help the Empire is priority Hudson, but if information of my mother's whereabouts can be secured, i will pay any price and use any honorable means to get it. Hudson sat back in his chair for a brief moment almost dumbfounded. He leaned into Cyric to get a closer view of Cyric's face once again. This time he saw not the silent stare but this time a fiery gaze. "Worry not Senator, we will do what we can to help you on your quest. But first let us see what she may know and if it is reliable." Cyric nods his head to Hudson "Agreed, as you wish my Brother. For now........" Hudson once again motioned to Bly to proceed back towards the table. "Come, Bly, tell us your information."

whispers to Cyric* “see I told you.She is no a fool ,to be taken lightly.Let me do the talking for now.Lets see what she has to offer..Perhaps a test?We buy somethimg small. See how good her info is?Then we see what she else she may have on your Jukas or Orcs.

Motions to Bly to come over* Ok darlin exactly what do you have for sale? Treasure maps you say? Hmmmmmmm perhaps we can do some business then? Cyric think we should? *whispers to Cyric* This maybe the opening to big and better info!! Let us see if we can rally the legions for a treasure hunt this monday early evening??

Alright Bly we will purchase a few maps from you,but.......we feel you should come with us on this adventure , just for a little insurnace.

Waiting. Finally Hudson again motioned her over, so with a sigh she strolled to the table with no attempt of smiling. A sandaled foot hooked a chair and slid it out and there she perched. A slight scoot brought her closer to the table and to their staring eyes.

A violent rumble and a bright flash of light broke the silence as they all turned to look at the flapping doors the storm saw fit to blow open. Bly whistled low, grinned and leaned in even closer as she spoke in a whisper. “Let’s get this over with so I can send you on your way.” She motioned in the direction of the doors and a soft chuckle spilled past her lips.

Hudson started idle chitchat, which reminded her of a hound chasing a rabbit around a tree, so she spoke up and asked him to get to the point before the storm blew over. He flashed an annoyed look at her and nodded stiffly and asked if by chance she’d have any treasure maps for sale. Bly nodded and rolled her eyes and told them that she happened to have a few but maps were not the bulk of what she supplied. A slight shrug came from Hudson as he sat his coin pouch on the table with a dull thump.

Sunny skies couldn’t have been brighter than the twinkle in Bly’s eyes as she focused on the pouch. Quickly she contained the outward emotion and opted for a smug smile as she asked a few questions about what sort of maps they were interested in.

Locations were agreed on and then finally the prices of her service and of course the maps. Just as she dared to think the day might turn out nicely a dreaded stipulation was added to the blasted deal. Hudson smiled brightly and gave Cyric a nod and turned to Bly and told her that they needed insurance and that they thought she should tag along with them and their group. “Just to make sure the maps are what you say they are, mind you.” Hudson now had that smug look on his face and she resented him for stealing HER look.

Bly tried to dance around going but each turn of an excuse the heavy gold pouch inched away so she heaved out a frustrated sigh and broke down to agreeing to go with them and their group. She made sure they knew how put out she was over the whole deal and that if ever they had more business to discuss, she’d call the shots.

Well Senator, appears Bly can be trusted to give information.The maps turned out well!Did you see her pocket a couple of diamonds from the loot? Silly girl like noone was watching her.Let us see what else she may come with.I shall put her on retainer.She is a feisty one though. Thank the Gods the sun is shining again*squints his eyes*,Idon’t think I could have taken more rain.

Hudson returns to the dark musty tavern,in search of Bly.This time he passes on the stale ale and just finds a seat,in a dark corner and waits.Hoping she will show up soon.He has with him a pouch of gold,for her retainer.For this he thinks *patting his purse*she should come to him first with any infromation.Then he can decide if it worth while to buy.wishing he was back in the sun, he waits.

The mid-day sun was blazing down wicked and the air was stale with moist heat. Bly tugged on the least amount of clothing and haphazardly gathered her hair up and tied it back with a leather strip.

Pale green eyes winced and squinted as she stepped out into the street and her head immediately started pounding and her stomach turned from the excessive drinking she’d done the night before.

Almost blindly she walked the cobbles, she could find the tavern in any state, a hangover couldn’t stop her from going to her home away from home.

She cut corners here and there in the quickest possible route and finally she was in the back alley of the tavern. Normally nimble fingers fretted with finding the right key and the more she searched the farther she swayed forward, squinting until her balance gave way and she fell forward smashing her forehead against the wooden wall. Her hair unfastened and spilled wildly over her eyes and the keys tumbled from her grasp.

A long string of curses spew from her lips as she rubbed her head wincing with a sour look. One eye closed, she bent forward to retrieve the keys and it just so happened the key she’d been searching for landed atop the others. She grumbled a bit more and pushed her hair back and opened the rear entrance door rather annoyed.

Once inside her eyes slowly adjusted to the dim lighting and she plopped down on a chair looking quite defeated for a new day. “At least it’s quiet and cool in here.” She mumbled to herself.

Almost drifting off, a sudden noise in the common room of the tavern made one eye peek reluctantly and she gave a inquiry, “Who’s there?” She thought she’d yelled, it sure seemed like a yell but no one answered. A sigh slipped to freedom and she pushed herself up to slowly move to check out the noise. “Probably just a damn rat…” She muttered and grumbled as she made her way.

Once around the corner her eyes focused on Hudson and she threw her hands heavenward…”Bloody hell, man! Are you haunting me?” She winced in agony from her own voice and shook her head, turning to leave.

Hudson wore a smug smile and jingled what sounded like coin. She stopped dead in her tracks and turned slowly, slightly slumped over. A slender hand lifted and rubbed her face in frustration and then raked through the mass of tangled hair. “What do you want now?” She whispered this time, trying to relieve the heartbeat in her head.

Hudson stepped slowly towards her and offered his arm in assistance. She stared at his arm a moment and shrugged accepting it. He lead her to the closest table and pulled a chair out for her and helped her settle before her took one opposite of her.

He could see the state she was in and smiled shaking his head at her before offering to get her food or water. She nearly gagged at the mere mention of it and simply shook her head. “Just tell me what you want so I can get back to dying, hmm?” A silly grin spread her lips as she pointed at the purse.

Hudson took his time, not sure she’d even remember him being there but he pushed the purse to her and told her he and his group wanted to keep her on a “retainer” .

She stared at him a moment as the information sank in and she nodded at him.

“Deal.” She spoke in hushed tones. “Now, if you will excuse me…I need a drink.”

Bly pushed herself up and reached for the purse rather greedily and smiled at him.

She balanced the purse in her palm, testing for weight. A satisfied look graced her features as she turned to go back to the rear room. “I’ll be seeing you around, Hudson.” A slight wave without turning towards him and she disappeared around the corner of the bar.

Hudson almost burst out laughing.Thinks to himself , as he watches her walk ,unsteadily away.This girl is a mess.Just look at her, blouse buttoned wrong , hair a mess,eyes like two pools ,alright , of blood.*shakes his head*.What does she do? Goes back to get the hair of the dog that bit her!!!such a lovely lass too, when she’s sober.Ahhh well. Far be it from me to judge.All I want is a source of information and it seems I have it.If she has to drink with her sources so be it.Is not our problem.Wonder what she meant, you all best find some warm clothes to wear??Ahh when she sobers up I will have to ask more.Right now her breath smells worst than orc boots, left in the sun to long!!

Hundson gets up and opens the door to the blazing noon sun.*Hears her yell after him.SHUT THE DAMN DOOR!!

*Hudson runs to the tavern*in search of Bly.Information is needed and needed baddly.Finding her sober and dressed properly, with her hair combed, a sparkle in her eye.Almost as if she knew he would be coming.”He calls her over to the darkest corner of the tavern.”Bly I need to know” *she stops him* “I know, Hudson I know”The price for this information will be double the cost!!”*For this infromation he would have paid triple.*He hands her a purse of gold.Now please hurry something is strange ,very strange!!Tell me what you can.It seems the soul of one of our founders and risen from the grave, his bones, keep rising to the surface, and sit atop his grave!!!Some thing is going on here!!Find out that you can and hurry

Edited by whiterabbit

Hudson sits in the travern for the 4th day in arow, still no sign of Bly!!*hmmm he thinks, no wonder she charging double for this information.She seems to have trouble getting it’s not like her to take this long.Something must really be amiss.*He*sighs* O Well I will just check back everyday.Hope the girl is alright.Perhaps a Guardian will join me, keep me company ??

Edited by whiterabbit

The young elf had sat amongst the rafters of the tavern lurking over the humans, blinded by thier lust for ale they continued on unaware of his presence. He chuckled to himself often on how he could have killed them all by now but, this was not his mission. So bored, he would challenge hisself to decend from his perch, achieve the food off thier plates and return aloft the shadows.

He held tight his belief that this "informant" was nothing more than a gold hound. Observing as citizen after citizen lost their earnings to this lass.

"N' rangwa otmena", Rhaddyn said quietly as he munched on the slice of ham he took from Hudson's dish.

Then it happened, Hudson handed to her a large sack of gold, taking it quickly she scampered out the back door. Tearing a parchment from his tablet, he worked his way over to the eave where his pigeon lie in wait. Afixing it to its leg he sent it on its way..."To Olympus".

The pigeon landed upon the shadowriders arm, they had held thier post just in the tree line north of the tavern. They would stay hot on Bly's trail, Rhaddyn would keep a watchful eye on his snoozing brother.

Hudson, opens his eyes*he must have dozed off*Looks down at his plate of eggs and ham.*what the heck”BAR KEEP!!!!” I order eggs and ham, paid for eggs and ham.BUT HAVE NO HAM!!!

The barkeep tries to tell him he got his ham.Hudson will have none of this” I WANT MY HAM.DAMN IT MAN!!!Hudson hears a small chuckling sound coming from the rafters.*glancing up he sees the dang elf.Rhaddyn.Munching on his piece of ham. .One of these days elf,one of these days, he whispers to himself..Stammers to the barkeep never mind sir, I’m sorry I must have eaten it and didn’t remember doing so. The barkeep walks away shaking his head*muttering about old senile bards*

Edited by whiterabbit

Hudson sits and waits.I t has been days since he has seen Bly.He has only left the tavern for a few moments each day, for no more than a few hours at time.As he sits there today .*the door creaks open*.He stares at it hoping it may be Bly , bring him news.But alas it is only a poor begger woman,old hunched over with a limp.The others in the tavern shove her away..” Go away woman we have no food or gold for you!!” they say.Hudson gets up takes the old woman by the arm” come M’Lady join me,” BARKEEP”food for my friend drink too.*she looks at him and mumbles thank you kind sir,but I cannot repay your kindness.*Hudson tells her it is the way of the Guardians to help others in need.And if she is in need of anything else to tell him.With that,she whispers very very softly” You old fool do you not recogize your own Head of State!!”Blinking and squinting to the dark light of the tavern ,Hudson now sees the eyes, the sparkle of Kaatya’s eyes .Oh by the Gods it is you!! NOT so loud old man, why do you think I am in this get up??So anyone can see who I am* she gives him a good thwap under the table*”I have come to see what keeps you away,make sure your still alive.To tell you our elves are out searching for this Bly person.you need not spend your all your days sitting here the rest of the Empire is in search of her also.Now get out get some sun man, you look and smell worst than a donkey.”

Edited by whiterabbit

Dark and dank, the air smelled of mildew along with other much more unpleasant odors. Bly crouched in total disbelief as she tried not to move from one of the only dry spots in her little cell and mumbled. “Five bloody years…five!” She shook her head and scanned the cell once more. The only ventilation was a small barred window high up a slick rock wall.

A gruff voice outside shifted her attention, something familiar about it but she dismissed it, thinking her mind was now playing tricks on her as well.

The voice got closer, so in the dim light Bly picked her way over to stand under the window. “Who’s out there?” Her head tilted up as she waited for a response. “I’m your bloody savior, ya drunken fool!”

A few blinks under a furrowed brow and it dawned on her who the disguised voice belonged to. Her eyes rolled heavenward as the heel of her palm smacked her forehead. “Just hurry up, hmm?” Bly chuckled softly as she shook her head and took a step back just in time to catch a thick rope tossed through the bars of the window.

The voice outside told her to hang on so she did just that, and with a jerky yank Bly was scaling the slippery wall up to the window. Sandaled feet slipped and scuffed as she struggled to hook her arm around one of the bars. Once done she quickly tied a tight knot around a few bars and scampered back down the rope and whistled a queue to her old-time friend and moved to the other side of the cell.

A wince in anticipation and for a measure of good luck or superstition, she crossed her fingers and watched. A loud yell and the crack of a whip sent the thick wall into a violent shudder. Nervously Bly looked at the door of the cell and back to the window and another loud crack of the whip snapped and just as sudden, the wall crumbled in a shower of boulders.

Bly covered her head with her arms and ran through the pounding rubble as quickly as she could and just as the light hit her, she saw the wagon was waiting. She hopped in the back and her friend Guin grinned back at her and gave a sly wink. “Just like old times, ain’t it ya bloody fool?”

They both laughed as Guin snapped the reins and the horses lurched forward in the wee hours of dawn. Bly hung on tight and made her way to take the seat next to her life-long friend. She slipped her arm in the crook of Guin’s and gave her a little hug before laying her head on her shoulder.

Guin sniffed and wrinkled her nose and gave Bly a slight shove. “Holy hell girl….how long have ya been in that damn place? You smell like a pig sty!”

Bly flashed a mock look of hurt and she grasped her chest over her heart for a dramatic effect. Guin rolled her eyes and nodded. Don’t answer that. Bly nodded and shrugged as she stretched out her legs, crossing them in front of her as the traveled on reminiscing.

Finally !!! The eleves have something to report.Seems Bly has been arrested and tried, given 5yrs for some crime!I hope its nothing to do with trying to find out about our situation?

Now what , how do we get the information we seek??DAMN a bad turn of events.

Perhaps the Senator of Espionage can find out what jail , she is held .*nods to himself*

"Oh my aching bones!" Cyric muttered to himself, as he pulled his cloak closer around his face. "This forsaken weather has got to break soon!" The past few days had been a whirlwind of emotions with an equal mix of bad weather. He had been trailing an orc scouting party on the chance that they might lead him to his mother's captors or at least provide some clues in their nightly fireside camps. He had learned through Bly the lost name of his mother and her presumed where abouts. From that moment, he announced his absence of leave to the Emperor, packed his needed supplies, and disappeared in the dark of the night. Sensing the feeling that he too was being watched, he quickly scans the area again and then notices the reason of his worry. An elven messenger. "What is the messenger doing here?" Trying not to give himself away, Cyric makes a few gestures to motion the messenger to a safer spot with which to converse. Upon reaching the safer area, the messenger delivers the parchment from her pouch to Cyric's hands. "Aaye, Ta!" Cyric said to the messenger. "Sut eithel lle?" He asked. The messenger nodded her head. Cyric withdrew his attention from her face for a moment to read the parchment she had handed him. Thinking to himself where are my manners?, he motioned to the messenger to sit and eat a bit of elven bread. As he read the parchment his looks went ever darker. Oh this will not do at all he thought to himself. That silly barmaid does get herself into trouble doesn't she. Flipping the parchment over, he started to get ready to write, but was reminded of the weather from the sprinkles of rain that had once again begun to fall on his cloak. Grumbling, he looked at the messenger and told her to send a message back to the Decurion that Bly had mentioned she was supposed to have been travelling from Skara Brae to Britain where she was going to catch a ship bound for Buc's Den. Mayhaps it is Britain Jail where the lass can be found. The messenger stood up but before she could go, Cyric grabbed her arm. Send this message to the Head of State also, Bly is to be trusted, the information she has given me has lead me to orcs of the clan that has my mother, I will return as soon as I have located her and will send word if help is needed in securing her release. The messenger nodded again and this time was on her way as silently as she had arrived. Cyric watched until the messenger had vanished from his sight. "Now back to these damned Orcs" he thought to himself as he felt the anger swelling inside of him. "the time will come..... the time will come... " He pulled his cloak about his face again and disappeared into the trees.