Live Issues Publish 9

Syban

Thunderheart is back to address the live issues of Publish 9! So if you've got a problem, the Devs want to hear it!

Welcome to the Publish 9: Secrets of the Force thread. This thread is for commenting on general live issues, asking questions and reporting known issues. We’ll post this thread once right after a publish and then again mid-way through the process.

We're seperating this from the weekly roundtable discussion so we can give each topic a little more focus. The last Live Issues thread can be found here.

It would be very helpful to include in your post:

Issue:

Server:

Planet:

Location (x,y):

Your profession:

Instructions on how to recreate the bug:

Thanks

Here is an update on all of the larger issues that were reported here:

Publish 9: Live Issues Follow Up

I know many of your are interested to know where we are on the feedback from the list. Here is where we are at:

1) Veteran Reward: In game – issue closed.

2) Vehicles/ Droids accessible from Toolbar: This was an erroneous message that should not have been in the update notes just yet. This has been removed for the time being, but it will be available in publish 10 or sooner. Issue closed.

3) Badges: Clarification: There is no separate tab on the Character Sheet. Character badges are now located on the "personal" tab of the character sheet in the middle box instead of the examine window.

Issue Closed, though I recommended to the team based on feedback from many of you that the bio needs to appear before badges in the bio now that the badge display has changed.

4) Weapon and Armor Switching/Combat Cue: This is currently not appearing in the combat cue. We are working to see how difficult this is to add it to the cue. When that is known, we’ll know how to prioritize it. I know many of you don’t like it, but the delay is going to stay for the time being. I have asked the devs to look for alternative solutions.

5) Junk Dealers and Loot Kits: We are looking to increase the frequency and types of mobs that drop the loot lit items soon.

6) 0/0 Items: For the most part, this is not an issue. If an item is appearing as 0/0, its condition is correct, except in the case of Ubese shirts. If you have any specific examples, please post them in this thread. There was some discussion of brand new items being 0/0, but we have no in house examples and could not reproduce it in QA. If you have any information, please post it.

7) Vendor/ Bazaar Resources Display: This was hotfixed this morning.

8) Personal Shield Generators: There are reports on the forums about being resistant to lightsabers. This is incorrect. If you find information to the contrary, please post it.

9) Jedi - Multiple Death and XP: There are reports of confusion with Jedi experience loss on multiple deaths. If you have information on how to reproduce this problem, please post it here in this thread.

10) Twin Force Crystals Information: This confusion appears to over now that most of the conversions are complete.

11) Lightsaber Experimentation: No information on what isn’t working, though I am working with the Jedi Correspondent to get more information.

12) Jedi Robes not providing enough protection

Lingering Jedi Issue – we are discussing the possibilities.

14) Smuggler nerf: This was certainly not intentional and if/when we can put this back the way it was, we will.

15) Dantooine Lag: This is a top priority item and we’ve done some logging on TC2 and something is causing it to slow down a bit. We’ve got some hard data and we’re looking forward to making some changes to improve this soon.

16) PvP TEF’s: We are looking at the code now. It was changed to accommodate the Jedi TEF Changes.

17) Jedi TEF’s: We are reassessing this change now.

18) Warcry/dot(poison/disease/fire)

We’re looking at the TEF’s portion of this issue and expect Combat Medics to be changed soon. I’ll post the proposed changes In Development as soon as I have the information.

19) Burst run/Squad Leader Retreat skills mess up Jedi's forcerun timer and speed, this makes Jedi unable to fight with squad leader.

We are having QA look at this now.

20) Robes and pearls disappearing/not appearing from full inventories

These problems should all be fixed in today’s hotfix.

21) LOS bug still in effect with Area of Effect shots. Will still hit everything in the AoE regardless of line of sight.

The LOS changes were minor to start out with and more LOS changes will be coming soon.

22) Non Jedi trainers training Jedi skills

This problem was fixed in today’s hotfix.

23) Issue: Can't gain any kind of experience at all

I played all weekend on 3 servers and couldn’t recreate this. QA isn’t seeing this either. If you see this issue, please submit a ticket so CS can give you a hand.

24) Cannot harvest more than 100 units of a resource from a creature. When this 100 resources is retrieved you can no longer harvest anymore of that resource type (unless you delete the current 100 units). You get a message that the container is full. I get the system message: "You harvested 186 unit(s) of Endorian Leathery Hide. The creature was fat and healthy" but there is not 186 units retrieved.

We still can’t recreate this, though QA is still working on reproducing this problem.

25) Multiple reports on player houses / structures disappearing

This is an important issue. I’ve received a bunch of reports but there is no data on this side. If you are still seeing this, please let me know.

26) the crafting kit (weapon) only offers weapons and misc items to be crafted. all other (clothes, generic items, etc.) are gone!!!! this affects the generic crafting tool and the weapon, droid and generic items crafting tool as far as i know. no speeders can be crafted anymore (no generic items are shown in the crafting tools) - schematics are not offered in the crafting tool.

Please use your Weapon/Droid/Generic Item crafting tool instead of the Generic Crafting tool.

27) Vehicle exit warping was terrible yesterday, so was server boundary warping.

The programming team is working to improve this if/where/when possible.

28) Broken Hermit Quest

Reported Problems:

If a player completed some of the quests prior to the publish, then they cannot get all of the pieces of the reward (The 5 pieces of the hero’s sphere).

Pirate Leader not “conversing”

If you have any additional information on the quiet pirate leader, please let me know. I’ve spoken with the team about the Hero’s Sphere. You can look forward to a resolution on this.

29) Group member's name disappear or change to match a pet's name when members go out of range of sight. Doesn't effect all of the group members, just 1 at a time usually.

Confirmed and reproduced and we’ll code a fix as soon as we can.

Kurt "Thunderheart" Stangl

Assistant Community Manager

Archived