Task Force Missions in small bits possible?

DashZero

I saw a post on this, but I am not sure it would work. Here's the deal:

PROBLEM: Task Force missions take 4 to 9 hours to finish. Lots of people can't commit to that in a single block of time.

SOLUTION: (unproven)

• 1. Get a group of players you can rely on to show up on schedule.
  • 2. Select time periods that all players can agree to. (Maybe 8 PM - 10 PM weeknights as an example)
  • 3. Do the task force during these agreed upon times. When the time is up all players log their TF character out of the game.
  • 4. Anyone that wants to play outside the TF hours should play an Alt character.
  • 5. Return at the next scheduled time and resume Task Force. Repeat until done.

OUTSTANDING QUESTIONS:

I have seen people get disconnected and when they log back in it dumps them right back onto the Task Force team - so that is cool. What I haven't seen is if quitting normally lets you return. I also haven't seen what happens if everyone logs off and then returns. If the Task Force is still active after everyone logs and returns this could work.

So, Osprey and Kestrel, there is some hope! Anyone want to test this theory and see if it works? If it does, anyone up for a multi-day TF? :p>:]

Sounds great to me! I'd love to try it. We have company coming this weekend, but we could potentially do it on weeknights. We've got our weekends booked up till the end of the month, though, now that I think about it, so weeknights are our only good option for now.

Archived