Questions...and answers?

The young heir sat along side his father's bed, his hand gently stroking the hair upon the old mans head. It had ben almost a half a moon since his father had strength enough to stand from his slumber. The healer stood over them across the room, preparing more potions to fight the illness which had taken the once powerful wizard off his feet. Lil' Logan couldnt believe his fathers health had faded so quickly, it was only a short time ago he and the guardians had rescued the virtuous items, from the evil wizard of The Wind Chaser.

He looked his father over, skin which once was darkened by the sun, had grown quite pale. The meaty parts of his skin had begun to stick tightly to his muscle and bones. He wouldnt eat now, nor drink fluids, only lie there motionless. No way for an HONORable man to die the young heir thought.

Lil' Logan, stood and made his way out of the room, passing his uncle's as he walked by. Down the greats halls of Olympus he strolled along, head down thinking of the days they spent as he grew up. No echo's of voices did he hear, as the capitol so quiet seemed empty. He passed the State room where Kaatya worked deligently on the upcoming agenda for the council meeting. Onward past the WAR room where Steel and his generals made plans of attack for future engadgements. Finally he came to a young legionairre, James, Hudson had him restringing instraments in the foyer. He started to stand, however he was motioned by Logan to carry on.

This would seem trivial to some but, it would be the way the Emperor wished it. The Order must continue on, never should a weakness be shown to others. The young heir could take it no longer, he walked out the doors of Olympus in search of answers...................

A young man, wise beyond his years said this:

"No one can predict the future. Where will things go from here? Hopefully they shall go to calmer seas and brighter tomorrows. For there are always fair seas after even the worst of storms. "

I have no answers, I can only offer this, go forward, for I believe that it is there, on the path ahead, that the answers you seek will find you.

Edited by Leah

Tod the Sentry stood watch late in the darkness. Steadily pacing back and forth keeping a watchful eye over the Halls of Olympus. The Shadow peers around waiting for Tod to turn his back. Slowly and quietly the Shadow passed behind Tod, not making a sound and slowly creeps open one of the gates, just enough to slip into Olympus.

Quietly the Shadow moves through the Halls, stopping slowly at the various banners and statues, the library and paintings of past battles the Guardians have had. The Shadow sneaks by Kaatya, slides through the office of Steel, and enters the Emperor's chambers.

The Emperor was alone at this late hour, save for a lone healer. The healer worked diligently preparing potions for the morning's intake. The Shadow moved silently behing the healer, inching closer, until the healer could feel the Shadow's breathe on his neck.

The Shadow whispers a few arcane words into the healer's ear, and slowly the healer's eyes begin to close and his body falls into a slumber. The Shadow lowers the healer unto the floor, placing a soft pillow under his head.

The Shadow turns his attention to the ailing Leader. He walks up to his chamber bed, and kneels beside the Emperor. He runs his hand across the Old One's head, staring at his half lifeless body. The Shadow grasps his hands and begins to chant soft prayers.

Just then Bishop the Warrior enters the chamber room and notices a figure in hooded black cloak holding the hand of the Emperor. Quickly he draws his weapon and moves toward the Shadow.

"Unhand our Lord!! I am unaware of how you breeched the castle, but you have surely met your death!!!," proclaims the warrior.

The Shadow jumps to his feet and raises a hand towards the warrior.

"An Ex Por," says the Shadow in a dark, yet familiar voice and paralyzes the warrior temporarily.

"Lower your weapon, Bishop, I mean you nor your Emperor harm," says the Shadow.

With a quick wave of his arm the Shadow releases Bishop from his hold. Bishop takes a step back, lowers his wepon, yet keeps a firm grasp with both hands.

"You know my name.....Who are you? And what business do you have here?" proclaims Bishop.

The Shadow unfastens the brooch of his cloak and throws it from his shoulders, revealing the dark grey cloak and robe that was recently given to a former guardian. Through the hood, Bishop can see the newly greying beard, the blackish staff, and the wrinkling hands that are the tell tale signs of a grey mage from Wind. Slowly the Shadow removes his hood and raises his head.

"Lukkan the Grey? Is it you?," says Bishop in amazement.

"Aye old friend, fear not, the halls of Olympus have not been intruded upon by anyone but me," replies Lukkan, slightly smiling. "Word travels fast when a man of this stature is in dire health. The patrons of Wind have told me of his conditions and have granted me a short leave to pay a visit."

"But why the secrecy? Why walk in the shadows?",asks Bishop.

"It is not a common practice to allow one in training leave from the Walls of Wind, but Strider, being a Guardian of Old, knows my heart aches when the Guardians ache. My stay is short, but I had to make a visit, mostly to see Logan, see if my arcane abilities could aid him, and secondly, in case he is lost to all healing, to give someone close to him this."

Lukkan pulls a small pouch from his pocket and holds it up to the light for Bishop to examine.

"Can you heal him, Lord Lukkan, can you aid the Emperor?', asks Bishop.

"Nay, warrior, whatever is attacking his body is beyond my abilities to cease, but take this pouch, let the healers keep the potions in his body, gather the Guardians, use the clues given to you to find what has inflicted him. Upon the hour when all hope is lost, administer this to him. DO NOT use this before then, it is quite powerful, and hopefully will not be needed. Keep it in a safe spot, Bishop, my hope is that you will never have to use this. The Legion has taken a hit in its population as of late. But as always will grow bigger and stronger as time goes on. Give my blessing to Steel, his guidance will be crutial now. Kaatya will need all the help she can get, containing the inner workings of this guild is a task not for the meager. And Hudson, his tutaledge IS what makes these young warriors into great Lords. I must take my leave now. I have put many blessings upon Logan, may they keep the pain away as long as possible. Be well, my friend. I have left my pigeon in the Great Hall, if need be, send him to me, I am here for the Guardians even during my training.

The two clasp arms and grab each others shoulders. Lukkan reaches to the ground, grabs his black cloak, pulls over the hood and steps back to utter a small phrase.

Kal Ort Por................

Her hands deftly worked the wax along the supple curves of her bow, the sixth one she had tended to since awakening from a fitful night's slumber. She heard the first stirrings of the creatures as they greeted the new day, but she paid them little heed. She paused momentarily to douse the candles as the dawn's rays slid through her workroom window. She picked up the seventh bow, the one tipped in silver, and continued her ministrations. Events of the past few days were uppermost in her mind. It had long been this way for Kaatya; the quiet solace of the repetitive strokes served to chase the spider webs from her head and she could better contemplate matters at hand.

The Emperor's health was failing, the healers unable to reverse his decline; the cure beyond even the ken of her elven family. The young Heir was becoming despondent, worry was etched on the face of each Guardian. And a man of great travelling had again stepped forward, relating vague tales of folklore and rumor.

Kaatya thought back to yestereve and could again hear Omi's steady voice telling her of the encounter, and repeating the words of Alexander Halen after he learned that the evil wizard had been slain but no sign had been found of the crew of the Wind Chaser.

"The crew turned into almost an undead entity .... still living, still breathing, but incapable of thought .... consumed by lust for riches and gold. They are great rogues of the land, seeking one treasure after another."

"Folklore has it that the crew would return to Montor in search of revenge on the wizard who transformed them into vile beings. It has been many years since this happened; their powers could be great, feeding upon adventurers and lost travelers. Search the town again for clues pertaining to the crew."

"Though I have heard a rumor that the crew, considering their fate decided, left for another realm. One they could rule, one named The Second Age. They would build a city of dead, the base of their operations where they would feed on the powerless and the weary. It is said that there are two well secluded entries to this land; one lies between the great inn of Britain and its main bank, the other through a tight passage formed by a crack in a mountain range."

"Release the crew from their curse and maybe your Emperor's will lift as well. No healers will slow the illness which plagues him. Time is your enemy."

The council meeting had concluded, the members stood and spoke quietly amongst themselves. The young hier stood outside watching the waves beat against the shoreline just a short ways away from Comfort, occasionally skipping a rock against the waves. Kaatya and Steel stood near the window looking out at the heir, trying to guess what was on his mind. Niether could imagine what had to be going on inside his head. Kaatya began to pace around the halls of Comfort, everyone was edgey. Steel looked at her and gave a simple nod.

"Sound the horn" they both rang out, "We head to Montor".

The horn rang out, guardians began to fall in one behind another, the party grew larger and larger. No extra time was needed this night, seemed they all had been waiting for the call. Steel inspected each one as they came up, adjusting thier badges, testing the strength of thier blades. They lined in formation along the wall. Logan stood before them as they rallied, breifing them on thier mission.

For HONOR and EMPIRE!, was the call this night.

Hudson steeped forth opened the magical portal, each one stepping in and through the portal to Choas. As they came through heavy oposition greeted them. Easily they felled the foes and pushed on. One by one each building in the town was searched, all empty, clear of any traces of the crew. Until they came across a bridge as they stepped to the other side, two deamon wenches came in an attacked with terrible malice. Many fell unconcious as the few who remained standing fell back, breathe was blown back into the fallen, who rejoined the fight. Finally they were killed.

Steel called them all together and reformed the lines, Logan rallied them up with battle cries. They pushed forward with strength unbefore seen, each one on a mission of sorts. No beast that stood in thier way had a chance laying one behind another to rest in the hot sand which grinded itself on top of the stone walkways.

All remaining buildings were searched to no avail, the guardians stood with heavy breath wondering what do do now. Steel assured them of the next move, and battle plans which were already laid out...............

The door inched shut behing the brown robed healer. He stood in front of the Guardians who had assembled, waiting for the latest report on thier Emperor. Deeming it unsafe for others to see him, it had been almost two days since they had laid eyes upon the bed ridden leader. The report seemed bleek.

Just as Alexander had predicted, Logan's skin now removed itself from the muscle and bone. He had become unresponsive, fallen into acoma of sorts. The healer made them aware there was nothing more he could do, the potions he had made were doing nothing. It was now only the will of the man which fights away the ailments. A short matter of time, before all is lost...........

Restringing his lute,Hudson prepares for battle.He knows we must find the crew and release them from thier torment, thus removing the curse on the Emperor!!He begins to apply ointment to his old knarled fingers, in hopes it will allow him to play the tunes that calm the denizens.He reads his books on magics, in hopes to find the proper spells to deal with the crew and what ever they may summon.

Edited by whiterabbit

Rummaging around Buc's Den,(drinking in the tavern)Jonah has picked up some information on the sister ship of the Wind Chaser" The Pride". It seems rumor has it the the crew stole a ship in hopes to get to the lost lands, it went down in a fierce storm at sea loaded with some of the loot of the Wind Chaser.Could it contain the magic words or potion we are in need of to cure the the Emperor??*Jonah sets out in search of salvage nets* He knows this expedition will require the help of those we call allies, as the denizens of the sea do not like to give up what they have claimed.

Edited by whiterabbit

*After searching high and low Jonah has found enough nets* In hopes to salvage something the crew had with them.when they we're lost in the storm.He also has heard rumor of the site of the sinking.They were trying to get to the lost lands via the serpent

pillar just south of Skara Brea.A^E has decided to help us in our endevour to bring up some salvageable materials from the sinking.

Tonight we were accompanied by the family of A^E on our journey to seek clues for our Emporers sickness. We set sail from the docks of Skara Brae on route to a place called Serpants Pillar. We set sail with three ships. One ship was being led by our brave decurion, Hudson. The second ship was led by Lady Breyn from A^E. The third was led by our wise but determined young Prince Logan.

We fought many creatures this night with all our strength, in the hopes that we would find some clue to find a cure for our emporer. Lady Breyn and her family willingly fought with all their might by our sides, in helping us defeat these evil creatures of the deep sea. We fought all the creatures and defeated those who dared to come up from the cold deep sea.

Finally, after defeating these creatures we all went back home to Olympus to discover that one of the bottles that we took off of one of these evil creatures contained a book. It was a bit damp from being in the sea, however, we were able to read it. This is what the book said.......

"Coming by sea, no one will think after our mistakes with boats before, that we would try to reach the second age by vessel. Many foul beasts we have encountered, the vessel has taken much damage. The crew as always ready, but then, the cursed always are.

We have learned our curse was caused by the wizard and his blessing upon this ship. We know what must be done to remove our curse. We will not do it, however, we search for this second age, a land we can rule...... our city of the dead shall be built.

A great storm lays heavy on us. Close, we are to the pillar. I can see it....The ship sinks....and so maybe our dreams of a new realm.........matters not, we will swim there if we must."

So my fellow guardians and family of A^E, once again we will need all the help you can give us on our continued journey to find a cure for our Emporer.

Hang in there Sire, we are working as hard as we can and as fast as we can to cure you of your illness.

Strength and Honor!!

Chloe

Emmisary of PGoH

Logan sat idly at his father's desk, thinking of last eve's events. The dinezens of the sea which fought fiercely to remain in possesion of the treasure's. That which stood out the most was his talk with Pater.

*Logan Remembering*

Pater stood before them, teaching them things he had witnessed in the past. The happening's of what the second age of adventurer's had produced. The great civil war which still carried over till this day. How the Terrathans and Ophidians had come nearly to destroy the entire land with thier struggle to rid the world of the other race. Then finally he remarked on a great city of the dead, built by a powerful liche. He had made true the rumors they had heard. Just NE of delucia it would lay.

The young hier's thought were swiftly interupted by the healers report. His uncle Bishop dropped it near him on the desk. Reviewing it, his demeanor become beligerent, his eyes narrowed. He slung the parchments across the room, rising to his feet, he stopped long enough to grab a bow with silver tiped arrows from the hangers they rested upon.

A hand grasped his shoulder as he started to walk out the door. He tried to shake it off however, the grip was much to tight. He turned swiftly, drawing his dagger. Chuckling his uncle looked at the dagger in his nefew's hand, almost daring him to thrust it. Thier eyes locked into one anothers they stood toe to toe. Minutes went by before any movement. Atlast Bishop gave him a wink. He stepped away turning his back, Logan struck him on the back of his head. To the floor he thudded.

Grabbing a shroud Logan sat off out of olympus undected...........

The grizzled olde warrior came to his feet, as the blood trickled from his head. He reahed back touching it, bringing his hand back in front of his face giving a smile. I guess i taught him well, he thought to himself. Maybe to well.

Bishop walked out of the chambers, into the great hall. Many guardians had gathered to study the codex of standard. A voice came from the crowd.

"Bishop, what has happened to ye brother," the voice carried. "Is it time?" Bishop turned to see the Praetorian Malkavian standing behind him. A simple nod was given.

The members put thier copies of the codex in thier packs, unsheathed thier weapons and headed for the doors of the Capitol.........

The healer nodded pass the Praetorian which guarded the door. He had in his hand the last possible chance to prolong the Emperor's condition. It was recievd from Alasse Re'uth who had ventured forth deep into the wild for rare roots of healing. He slowly opened the heavy door and stepped in.

His eyes widen from what he saw. Swiftly he administered the potion, and moved back out the door. Looking at the Praetorians, his head fell low.

"Under no circumstances will you open this door." ...................

*Thud*

The praetorians look across at each other, as they stood outside the door of the emperor's room.

*Thud*

The door shook, rubble from around its hinges came free.

*Thud*

The noise echo'ed through the halls of Olympus.

*Thud*

More guardians came around, each ones eyes afixed upon the door.

*Thud*

................................................................................

The brave band of Guardians ventured forward to the home of the undead.Hoping to find the cursed crew.A through search was made of tomb there.Caskets were opened, mummies unwraped.Nothing was found.As they were getting ready to leave THE CREW SHOWED THIER CURSED FACES.After a long and tedious battle with them , all were slain.Lets us hope that releasing them from thier curse, it brings our Emperor back to us!!!Or had some escaped?Time will tell, it seems the banging coming from the Emperors room has stopped,for the moment.

As the Guardians gathered for thier weekly meeting, at olympus.The dorrs burst open the a resounding crash!!!! Who should walk in ranting like a mad man, none other that Capt.Quackenbush..........the cursed Capt of the Pride.he began shoutting that he came to advendge his crew.He challeged any who face him.After calling us a few obsence names.the Praetorian Malk. excepted his challange and quicky dispatched his soul to Hades.A book for the cure was found upon his body.it stated that his body must be burned and the ashes mixed with holy water from the shrine of spirtuality.Grurdians were dispatched to get the waters needed while his body was reduced to ashes.A cloth was soaked in the mixture of water and ashes and apppiled to the Emperor.

After a few , what seemed like hours, the Emperor's tremors ceased and it seems the cure has brought him back to us.