Clan Direction Pertaining to Server

Rhoach

If it were up to you, which server would you choose?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most likely no to the roleplaying server.

Roleplay servers = RP Nazi's

Bad thing.

But we'll just have to see what happens when Blizzard announces servers and the rules for the servers.

Hm, alright. I'd definitely like to try out the RP server if there is one. The one in SWG was great compared to the others, MUCH less l33t d00ds and the like. RP nazis bother me much less than 10 year olds using numbers for letters, but I suppose that's a personal preference :)

Edited by Rhoach

Hm, NOW I've heard rumors on a factional PvP server... that is, consentual PvP against other horde members and open PvP between alliance and horde. Makes me wonder if they'll have RP servers combined with those....

ARG. Must stop the speculation. I think I'd be better off just shutting my mouth, locking myself in a closet, and releasing myself on the release date.

I have to add my two cents here. I prefer roleplaying servers even though I almost always exclusively solo or group only with a few friends (usually the husband, if he plays the game). It's just...nice being in a place that doesn't have leet speak everywhere. I hate leet speak. I don't mind roleplaying...and when I'm on a rping server, I AM a rping Nazi. I'm one of those people that report bad names, and that scold people who specifically choose a roleplaying server then don't rp, and who go out of their way to help newbies in an 'rp friendly' way, clearly delineating IC and OOC talk so that they get the hang of what things are like. I was like that on DAOC, and if they have a rp server on WOW, I'll be like that there too.

I like RP servers in that there is little OOC talk, but there are also people who think you must roleplay their way and only their way. I can't stand that. It's almost better being on your own non-rp server. I also like the idea of a faction server, but it is very easy to get to your enemies side in WoW. They would walk right into the barrens, camp out, and kill all of us who are in our teens all day every day. I wouldn’t enjoy that.

What they need is a guild vs guild function that would allow the same rules as a faction vs faction server. Where guilds can kill each other any place they want. Right now if you run to Azeroth from Kalimdor, you can’t attack anyone freely. Everyone just starts to engage in duels. It’s not too bad, you don’t have to worry about a level 40 trying to kill you, being level 17. But it would be nice to have a little bit of the danger element... so if you arrived over there, a guild or two that you are at war with might be waiting for you.

That's the way we (my RP guild) ran things in SWG, and it worked pretty well. By being able to choose our enemies, we could ensure we were fighting those who were mature RPers and fun to play with (or even killed by!), and not some random level kasmillion dick randomly killing you and typing in caps over and over "I OWZNAGED JOO!"

So usually things turned out pretty well. Guild to guild battle, that is. :silly:

Edited by Rhoach