The whitening of the necromancer pt II

The ethereal lord Strider emerges from the shadows to show himself on the mortal plane for the first time since crossing over. Lukkan the Black bows to his knees in reverance. Lukkan's path has strayed greatly since he last saw his mentor, and an embarassed feeling came over him.

"Lukkan, ole friend, I see your path of life has brought you full circle....finally. When I began teaching you the Arts, I must admit, this is exactly how your path was planned."

Lukkan gazes up to Strider in amazement. How could he have planned THIS path for him.?

"The Black Arts have haunted these lands for quite sometime. The Council wanted to see what kind of mage would be, if Both Black Arts and White Arts were combined in one person. But there was risks. This person would have to have a high amount of honor and fortitude to be able to adhere to the knowledge of Necromancy but yet not be drawn into. I, Lukkan, saw this in you. Although I must admit, it was a close call, we almost lost you to Mordoth."

"This was all planned?," asks Lukkan.

"Aye, and your final test of that was your Will to leave the powerful Mordoth and return to the White Arts. But your tests are not complete. Now you must complete your training in the White Arts. I will appear to you periodically to advise you on your training. I welcome you home, brother, to the circle of White Mages. Wind is your home now, again, and all the resources of text and training are once again available to you. From this point, until you reach an Elder status within the Council, you are no longer to be known as Lukkan the Black. Now...you will be called, within these walls....Lukkan the Grey.

The Council of Mages applauds and rise to greet their brother in Arcane Art once again. As the Council disperses and begins talking amongst themselves. Strider takes Lukkan aside to speak with him alone.

"Luk, I must prepare you for what lies ahead. The Council did not forsee you gaining such a high level of knowledge in Necromancy. They will watch your every move. Every step you make in this life from now until your Whitening, someone will be there. This Necromancy is a tricky and evil ridden skill, they wont trust you at first . Im entrusting you once again into the hands of the Purple Guardians of Honor. I WARN YOU, Lukkan the Grey. Stray from us once again, and the wrath you will see knows no equal!"

Lukkan lowers his head and bows to Lord Strider.

"Your training begins here, tomorrow at first light. The Council has a few quests for you.

With that said Striders image begins to fade, and Lukkan vows to himself, never to lose the faith of his mentor again.

The path of Whitening begins.