Guild Vision/Expectations

Altarial

As leader of Mystic Legions, I want to stress the points, which I feel are most important in a guild. I may have a different viewpoint and method of playing than previous leaders and current leaders of other guilds, but I view this as an advantage. I will never require anything out of anyone that makes that person feel uncomfortable or unhappy. The goal of the game is to have fun, and while I do stress guild grouping and raiding, if you are here for the company (i.e. chatting), then you are welcome to remain (just don't expect us to drop everything for you if you do not help anyone else out). Ok, so this being said, here's a handy little outline of my expectations for the guild:

Guild Grouping:

I believe it is essential to group with guildmates as often as possible. This is an easy way to learn how everyone else works, which is ideal on raids. Learning people's methods of playing will ensure more successful raids, and it's always nice to know your family.

Raiding:

On all offical raids, I want there to be three positions of power: Raid Leader (at the head of the raid, most knowledgable of the zone), Main Looter (loots all items, is the one who sorts out who gets what item, and handles /randoms when applicable), Raid Coordinator (sets up the groups and adjusts them as necessary). Having these three positions seperate makes the raid easier on the Raid Leader, and allows for more people to participate in important positions.

CTAs may be called for rare spawn mobs, or mobs that are highly sought after. Only an officer may call one of thse CTAs. The other offcers and I will be planning more raids, as well as zones of the week, to promote guild grouping and raiding. No raids will be mandatory, unless a CTA is called. However, if you wish to get better gear, then raids will be necessary in the long run.

On raids loot is always need before greed and will be assigned as follows - guild mains, guest mains, guild bank, guild alternates. We will never random on raids unless two people have the same item they wish to upgrade. Keys, spells and quest items will be for guildies only, weapons and armor are available to anyone who raids with us.

Epics:

I want people to get their epics! However, this can only be done if you all let me know what you need done. I am all for epics and doing the epic mobs. We have the force to take these mobs down, so it's all up to you all to post what you need done, so I can get it done. CTAs (Call to Arms) will be sounded for rare spawn epic mobs. CTAs can be called by anyone regarding a rare spawn epic mob. You must be level 50 or higher to request help for your epic.

Quests:

As most of you know, I love quests. If anyone needs certain mobs or items for a quest, do not hesitate to ask! If the quest mob requires a raid, then say so. No one should feel that they are being neglected in anything, just ask! It is your responsibility to post in the EQ Raids section what you need and when you can be available to get it.

Required Level:

I am changing the required level for membership to 46+, because I want this guild to be able to take on bigger mobs and progress upwards, and to do that we need more members. Alternates must still be level 20 to join.

Messageboard/Roster:

It is so important to visit this messageboard frequently and submit your name to the Roster. The messageboard contains valuable information that cannot all be put into the tiny guildmotd and the Roster is a useful way to contact guildmates and learn more about personalities.

Individual Expectations:

I expect everyone to help out his or her guildmates (family) as often as possible. When someone asks a question in guild chat, say something, even if it is just to say you don't know the answer. When I am not on, I expect people to set up guild groups/functions and get to know your family! I cannot run this guild without everyone's help.

Officers:

Officers under my leadership will be expected to plan events. The officer tag is not just a title for me, it is a position. If anyone wishes to become an officer, that person must display good leadership qualities, be online often, play his or her main often, and be well-known (well-liked) within the guild. Officers, to me, should have just as much authority and respect as the Leader and be treated as such. I will aid officers who have difficulty planning raids. I do not expect any officer to be a skilled leader without practice and support.

Recruiting Policy/Trial Period:

We are always looking out for recruits. Recruits must be level 46+ (as mentioned earlier) and all classes/races are welcome. When recruiting, mention our website (eq.thehonorempire.net) and our chat channel (mlchat) as well as one or two officers for the recruit to contact. Tell the recruit fill out the application. Once I receive their application, they will have 2 weeks to chat/group/raid with us before we vote on whether or not they should be invited. After they are invited, they will have a 2 week probation period in which they cannot invite any alternates or ask for items out of the guild bank or on raids. After their 2 week probation period is over, they will be treated as full members. Please mention this policy to all recruits.

I am here for anyone and everyone. If you have a question then ask me in game, email me, send me a PM - I WILL respond as quickly as possible. I will never ignore anyone's question and will do my best to give everyone equal attention. In my previous guilds, I often saw a "clique" among the leader and his or her officers, this will not be the case in Mystic Legions. I don't want to be the type to be unavailable to my members. Think of me as the guild mommy, just don't call me that in game :angry:

Archived