The whitening of the necromancer

The Old necromancer steps from his dragon, aching from the long journey to the City of Wind. His travels back to the land of Honor has brought him upon Wind, the City of Mages, to test his skills of the White Arcane Arts. Tis been a long time since he has used the White Arts, opting for the Black Art of Necromancy through his travels in Fellucca. But coming home to Olympus has found his heart yearning for all things good, to prove himself to his guildmates that Evil no longer guides his heart and actions.

Once shunned by the White Mages, Necromancers now have access to the the great city, but tested, and watched closely, for they are still not trusted totally. Upon proving his proficiency in the Arcane Arts, will give him and the Ancient Mages of Wind, peace of mind, and a step in the right direction of Honor.

Lukkan was brought up as an apprentice to the Ancient Elder Strider, guided into the Arts, tested, again and again, and was granted the title of Grandmaster Lukkan the Grey. Twas at this point, the stubborness born into his family reared its head, and Lukkan, not telling his Master Strider, set out to vanquish every passing evil entity he found, one by one, guild by guild. Seeing the people of Fellucca suffer to thieves, murderers, and the Black Mages tore his heart apart. Long conversations with Pater Borg, then Emperor, and his Master Strider could never fully convince him that there is a greater strength in numbers. To leave the Guardians would surely lead to nothing good, and only harden his heart that much more.

Strider knew he would leave, and he knew this lesson would forever change his young apprentice. But the will of man is the strongest magick alive. He could only hope that threw his Legendary proficiency of the Arts, he could closely watch his young disciple.

The land of Fellucca were filled with anguish, poverty,despair, and evil. Through Lukkan's travels, his killings became less of Honor and the fight for right, and moreso a way of life. He began surveying the lands of the poor, asking and investigating the victims and searching out for these criminals. As time grew on, he began killing anything he saw even slightly resembling evil. He started killings people he believed COULD end up Evil later on.

After a bloodbath in the lands of Yew, killing innocent people just to lessen the likelyhood a murderer would get them first, a flash of light appeared, blinding Lukkan, dropping him from his mount. It was his Master Strider, in a vision.

"Lukkan, I can no longer sit by idly and watch as you destroy what you came to save. It hurts me to see this happen to you, but a man's will is the strongest magick, remember those words? Your will has turned to evil and must be abolished. The Council of Mages will seek you out, I suggest you leave your possession to your family, for when they find you, you will cease to exist."

And in a flash, the vision was gone. When Lukkan regained his sight and stood up, he was surrounded, by the faction Council of Mages. Lukkan disrobed his Grey cloak, knelt, and closed his eyes. The seven Elder Mages raised their hands and in blinding speed, ended the life of Lukkan the Grey.

25 years later, a new land was found, Malas. Founded by the Ancient Necromancer Mordoth, and protected by the Paladins of Luna. To combat this Good, Mordoth traveled the lands of Fellucca, animating the Undead and granting certain ones a breath of new life. Lukkan was chosen as one. The only catch to this was he must live out his life as a Necromancer, wreaking havoc on the paladins whenever he could. Which was how he lived for the next 50 years.

Constant spell casting by his former Master Strider, Lukkan began through the years to realize what he had become, and how he had let down the entire Purple Guardians of Honor, for they had given him the opportunity to leave the peasant life in Trinsic and help fight for Honor.

As Lukkan reached legendary status in the Black Arts, he finally got the strength to subdue the spell Mordoth placed on him and finally ascaped the grasp of Mordoth and Umbra, and fled to his Master Strider. But the years of casting for Lukkan's life had drained Strider. Drained him yet gave him the ultimate reward, eternal life has part of the life force that flows through all White Mages. Never could Lukkan repay his Master for his ultimate sacrifice, but stepping into Wind, and rejoining the Guardians, was the right step, the only one he could make.

Lukkan steps onto the pentagram guarding Wind, and in a swirl of blue light, transported to the Inner Sanctum. As his head clears from the magick. He looks up to see the Council of Wind, and a figure glowing in the brightest white light ever seen by human eyes.

"Finally my son, your return has been looked forward to for many years now. Your will brought you here, though the path was harder than it should have been, now.....you're tests, if passed, will bring you to the Elder status, the White Mage. But heed this warning!!! You fail us again, we will deliver you ourselves to Mordoth, and that, my son, will be your final resting place."

Lukkan squints to see who this figure was speaking to him.

"Aye, Masters, but....I see the Council...but....I dont recognize you."

The blinding light start to fade as the figure hovers closer.

With a gasp and falling to his knees, Lukkan makes out the figure.

"Strider!! My Lord....is it....you........................