The Lost Necromancer

Tod the Sentry gazes wearily at his post. Due to recent events his spirits no doubt are at a low. Hoping for an uneventful, restful night, Tod leans against the castle walls and huddles in for his night at post.

Suddenly a quick flash of dim light appears to the tree just off the coast in front of the castle. Tod jumps to arms, peering out unable to see much but a figure in black, due to the moonlight of the waters edge.

" Reveal yourself shadow!! For you have come upon the Halls of Olympus, Home to the Guardians of Honor," proclaimed Tod.

The figure slowly creeps closer, the posture of the figure leads Tod to believe this shadow means no harm, or does it. As the figure approaches the torches lighting Tod's post, it slowly removes its hooded shroud.

"Fear not, Sentry, It is me, I've come home to rejoin my brethren."

"Lord Lukkan, tis you?!!," says Tod as he slowly bows in reverance. "You....have you....are you well?"

"Aye, Tod, better than ever....considering," speaks Lukkan Mortain.

"The guardians will be pleased to see you return, is your journeys through Fellucca at an end? Or is this a quick reunion?"

"Nay Tod, this is for good now, the evil in Fellucca I fear is much greater than even my powers can withstand. I've grown older and less vigorous, my place I realized is here with the Guardians. I feel a little ashamed to think I could go off on my own and conquer an Evil I was warned about by Steel Darknight. I've learned much on my time in Fellucca. The battle is better fought from these fronts here. And I hate to admit, but my teachings in Necromancy havent lessened my need for friendship. "

"Have you reached the higher levels of your craft through your travels?"

"Aye, my friend, Mordor has granted me legendary status, my training is at and end, but with great cost."

Tod's look of happiness soon turns to the ground.

"Maybe Lord Logan should be the one to tell you this, But.....in your absence your position as Centurion of the Dread Cohort has been filled....I'm sorry Lord."

"Nay, Tod, if it hadn't, the fate of this Guild would worry me. It should be filled and I look forward to meeting the new Dread Leader."

"So are you to retire to the waters, now? Is your fighting days over?"

Lord Lukkan smiles slyly, and Tod has seen this smile before.

"I have yet 5 years left before retirement, I will give myself to the Legion as the Leaders see fit. I still have a few tricks left in me that may well serve legionaires. I couldn't forgive myself if I didnt give my services to the fullest until my last days. My hair is still fire red, I havent gone grey yet my friend. I will fill what position Lord Logan sees fit."

Tod smiles with glee as Lukkan returns the smile.

"Does the guild still gather on the evening of every Sunday?"

"Aye, sir, surely they do, and the guild has grown vastly."

"Excellent, pass this message to the Elders, I shall gather an appropriate uniform through the Trades Cohort. Let them know I shall make this meeting, and hope that my brothers can accept me again, and allow me to serve next to them for my remaining days."

"Great to hear, Sir!! But that wil be a long journey, what with living in Fellucca and all."

"Nay, I have spoken with the Lady Lora DeBlood and have been given quarters in Novitus Sanctum, Fellucca is dead to me, I wish for my remaining years to be spent serving the great people of Olympus, as they have watched over me for so long now."

"I'll deliver this parchment to Lord Logan myself, he will be please to hear this."

"As shall I, Tod. Now, keep a watchful eye old friend. These parts are not completely free of danger."

With a swift hand gesture and a quick phrase, Lukkan vanishes from Tod's sight. Tod smiles into the night, thinking of how far this Guild has come, and how grateful he is to be a part of it.