Farewell Thanks and Best Wishes

Borg

uothanks.jpg

A personal and deep thank you to Calandryll and the ghost of Ignatz (left over a year ago)....your support and hard work combined to allow me a great opportunity to entertain the masses in years past. Through our events and candid conversations in the "room without a view" gone by... many a mystery and monster have sprung up to challenge the realms at large....past, present and future.

It was due to both of you and your support of the past programs that allows me to write this note and walk the world at large. If I had not been conducting that event for the Catskills population that late fateful night years ago.....I would have never known I had a Graves disorder attack and would have died in my sleep.

For many this game engine is a diversion and it IS entertainment to enjoy....for each of us it also takes on a flavor, passion or journey. Mine is a permanent link in my life and the driving force for me to maintain the goals Twilight (Ignatz) professionally explained was our goal as conductors of any ingame event.

For the Devs and the support teams.......this is thier professional job.

I have taken this approach into the other games that T.H.E website supports.....and am proud how many others have continued this objective of supporting the "good of the many" and expanding the FUN of online gaming into MORE than just hack/slash/go/get activities. Creating the network of friends and family that has occured is one of the greatest percs of enjoying an online activity.

It ALL started with Ultima Online.......for myself and for many in the industry and gamers abroad.

YOU members of the current Dev Team and UO Support team.........along with ALL those before you....have done a superb job to maintain the system and engine. Nearly if not actually re-writing the whole game programming to keep up with the ever demanding client base needs.

Those that leave will undoubtably take that prowess to improve other game engines.......in that everyone wins.

Those that stay will continue the work, history and reputation of Ultima Online as one of the eternal game engines that shape the Online Industry........in that everyone wins.

While some may look at the downside to this occurance......there is a greater good that is more important for US the population of Ultima Online to do. It is OUR time to support the Dev Team and the UO Support team during this dramatic change in thier lives and/or homes. They have been there for all of us....now is our time to give them the thanks and applause for thier work.

Closures and relocations are buggers......I am currently doing the same thing with my staff in Ithaca NY....keeping thier spirits up and their eyes wide to the opportunities for them all........but especially keeping thier success of past glory....front and center of thier minds so that it counters the naturaly process of sadness that comes with such a transition.

With that all in mind.......

Tuesday at approximately 2pm Austin Time March 9th 2004.

Sunsword or a member of the Dev Team needs to report to the front desk.....

well.....Sunsword you may need a couple of the team to help you.

The FOOD of the GODS awaits you all!!!

CELEBRATE YOUR SUCCESS m'lords and ladies.......

celebrate your success my brethren.

In concert with this I will be in the realm of Catskills at Olympus Castle with FOOD of the GODS to hand out to any hungry souls that would like to stop by and chat about anything on thier minds....

or within

thier minds eye.

May HONOR Guide and Bind thee....

Strength and HONOR!