Alpha Test and Beta Update

Balandar

Katricia posted the following on the WoW forums.

As many of you know, we are currently conducting an internal Alpha test for World of Warcraft. Our goal for this Alpha test is to provide the best possible experience for players when the Beta launches in early 2004.

In order to accelerate the testing process, we recently allowed a small group of external testers to play the game. During this process, a collection of files was leaked to the Internet. While these files contain alpha content from the game, they are not fully playable and therefore do not convey the experience that World of Warcraft will provide when it is released.

We are currently investigating this matter and will take serious action against those involved.

As always, we appreciate the interest and enthusiasm that players around the world have for World of Warcraft, and we look forward to delivering a massively multiplayer game unlike any you have ever experienced. Until then, we ask that you refrain from sharing any content that doesn't come directly from Blizzard Entertainment.

Lastly, we would like to announce that sign-ups for the World of Warcraft Beta test will begin at the end of this month. Stay tuned to www.blizzard.com for further details.

Yeah, been a long time. Doubt that any of us will get in it, at least the first stages. About all we can do is wait till open beta.

Oh, btw, in order to sign the NDA you have to be >= 18.

eum,are they sure about that release date?

I dont know if we can join all,so what happens when you cant sign in yet but the rest can?

Hope its a nice game :sword:

Nothing will happen. This is beta. I can tell you that you will not even be able to get in the first stages of beta. You must be at least 18 to sign the NDA. The rest of us will be lucky if we are randomly chosen. There will be a limit on the number of people in the first stage of beta. However, you will be able to get into the OPEN beta, it allows everyone in. That is the last stage of beta.

How will they check if we're 18??

I thought it was an open beta ???

As I said before, during the first stages of beta you must sign an NDA. In order for the contract to be legal, you must be 18. The open beta test allows anyone in. I have never heard of a MMORPG starting out with an open beta, there will be one, but it is highly unlikely they will start with open.