EQ MAGA'S TIP CORNER. Oct. 10th

Maga

~~ HOT KEYS! ~~

If there actually are people out there that don't know how to setup a hotkey still, get away from them as far as you can. There should be no reason why anyone level 40+ maybe even less 30+ should not know how to set up a hot key. Unless of course they bought their account. Consult your manual to make a hot key or ask someone experienced to help you. Don't be ashamed admit you don't know and move on.

I don't have a screenshot for this so here goes:

-Find the hot key page in your actions box and right click on an empty slot/square.

-In the upper left hand corner is a small box where you can type a title (What you want the key to be called) i.e., Heal. This space has limited character space so you may have to abbreviate.

-If you want to get fancy you may pick a color from the small colored boxes to the right of the title box.

-Below that you will have lines available where your command text will be typed.

For healing mine looks like this in the lines of code:

/sit off

/cast 2 (or where ever your spell is memed)

/g Healing %T (%T is code for target in case someone did not know)

/cast 2 (or where ever your spell is memed). Some people put a second cast line for fizzles. I don't fizzle so I only have one line of cast. :smash::silly:

**TIP** For me it's faster to use the function keys like F2 or F5 to target my grp memebers than it is to find them in the mob mess or to click on their name in the group box. I have my left hand on the function keys and my right hand has the mouse over a hot key ready for a healing. Your character is always F1 and the rest of the keys up to F6 are the grp members in the order they apear in the grp box. F7 is the closest PC to you and F8 is the closest NPC to you.

I have similar hot keys for other spell/classes including and not limited to stun, root, DD, DoT, snare, port, etc... :devil:

Maga (Hunters Moon) :devil:

:smash::alcoholic::lostit::sleeping:

More on Function keys...

If someone has a pet and you target them with a function key, you can hit the same function key a second time and it will target thier pet. Just make sure you have the correct target before you cast cheal, all that mana wasted on a pet when the owner dies is pretty silly.

Thank you Nithas i forgot to add that. Not sure if many people know you can do that. It's a neet feature to be able to target the pet that way. Especially for the pets that are invisible. :lostit:

Thanks.

Maga (Hunters Moon) :smash::alcoholic::sleeping:

• 3 weeks later...

I met a lvl 49 last night who did not know how to do hot keys. Like O M G!! :angry: Where did they come from. So of course i had to spend like 10/15 min explaining to them how to set it up. I felt sorry for the poor dude and for the ppl in the grps he has been in. Especially since he was a cleric. ???:cry::laugh: Oh well.

Maga (Hunters Moon) :devil::)

Archived