LDoN Groups

Nithas

Okay, due to the fact that sometimes it's extremely difficult at times to find a group for a dungeon crawl I'm making this post so people can perhaps find others within the guild to group with for a mission.

Essentially each mission is a mini raid. So far I've found it completely nessecery at the 50-60 range to have at the very least a Tank, Healer and a Slower. You can do without the slower, but it makes it much more difficult. In the 50 range it's important to note that in the dungeons it's not wise to have anyone but a plate class melee (exceptions being an Iskar as they can't wear most plate until 55+, and bards whom I've not found to make good tanks after the 40's) as your tank. That normally leaves 3 slots left.

Some helpful advice:

1. DO NOT ROOT non-undead. Use SNARE instead. Most of the non-undead will run at under 20% hp. Rooting only makes whoever is closest to the mob the tank, putting more strain on your healer's mana reserves.

2. If you're not good at pulling, DON'T. Snare pulling, bow pulling, throw pulling, Fear pulling and DD/DoT pulling is a bad idea if you can't see everything in the imediate area of your target. These mobs have huge agro ranges.

3. Druid/Ranger Harmony line spells will not work, Pacify will. Clerics pulling isn't bad so long as your tank or melee assisters can dump agro on the intended tank fast.

4. Don't mess with interactive items until your group is at full hp and at least one person has cure poison and/or cure disease up. There was a trap that did over 400 poison/disease damage and debuffed all my stats to 1 or at most 40, the duration was over 2 minutes.

5. Be prepared to manage your own agro. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to, we've all gotten at least one char to 46. If you haven't learned to manage your own agro by now you've been coddled too long.

6. Don't bring a negative attitude. Most groups who've failed did so because they were either lacking in group composition or were mentally defeated long before they even stepped foot in the Dungeon. Ancient wisdom can help you. If you think you can fail, you will. If you think you can't fail you will. If you know you can fail, you will. If you know you can win, you very well might. Do or Do Not. There is No try.

Anyone interested in a dungeon crawl please post when you'd be available and for how long. Plan to show up EARLY and plan to use the full amount of time alloted for the mission. Mission time is 2 and a half hours (30 mins to get to the dungeon, 90 minutes for the mission, 30 minutes to explore or try to get the lesser reward). Bring all the reagents you personally will need and those you might need in exchange for buffs. Bring extra just in case.

I'll post a notice when I'll be forming a group for next week, some time in the evening, as soon as I know my work schedule.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry i read this so late. we have so much stuff to read. don't forget cure curse, that one sucks and not too many people can cure it :0

i am always interested in LDoN grps, especially with the guild. it's more practice or like a mini raid :sleeping:??? i'm usually on weekdays after 7 pm CST. :angry:

Maga (Hunters Moon) :angry:

I will post this elsewhere too, but wanted to request that all post 60 healers get Radiant Cure as their first PoP AA purchase. RC removes most of the effects of the LDoN curses, dots, tash's, and effects, is group-based (perfect for LDoN), and is available every 3 minutes.

Archived