Urban Planner

MArkham

From a post I found in the architect boards thought you might like to know

It With talking with Dev's in live chat, this is what I was told..... However knowing SOe it will change 50 more times, and end up nothing like this, but this is the overall concept.

UP : Skill Trees

1 - Player Amminites - things such as shuttle ports, med centers, cantinas, (different styles, and planet spec. types of each will be made)

2 - Infastructure - Here is where we build Arc's, cobbled streets, walls, city likes, and park, things like that

3 - SuperSturctures - This is like furniture, non usadble buildings, skyscarppers what not to had looks and feeling to a city

4 - Some debate is still over the fourth skill tree, needless to say it much like consturction tree. (lol meaning useless) persoanally I think it should be Exscvation, but hell what to I know.

Novice UP = 1 - New Deed City Hall, and lots of new compents

Master UP = Top End Player Building, Sky Scrappers, and Infastructure

Here is the only problem I see with the overall UP class, listed as follows.......

1 - Walks hand in hand with the Politican Class, since only the Mayor of the town can place city buildings

2 - Too Close to other Player Cities, and Static Cites, building not allowed, meaning only a certain number of each building will be allowed Peroid.....

3 - Cities must reach certain sizes before the player buildings can be added (ie player city of 10 people dont get nothing but a city hall, plyer cities of 100+ get everything) (looking at how Pa's are done ohhhhh boy they going to be some pissed off people)

4 - The biggest problem, Greedy Politican, from my understanding the Taxes collected are going to go dierectly to the mayor, (BAD IDEA) this means for a couple of weeks a player can take all the taxes, and then leave the city, resign his post, and make off with all the money...... See this changing in a hurry.........

Currently as the system is being created, it will only allow the introduction of about 6-12 new cities per planet, pending on how fast the cities grow, and only the first 3-5 will get all the player buildings, as they grow their range of influnce increases, until every spot (cept dead zones around static cities are over run)

The last major problem, you think PA halls are a pain to build, currenly we are the most open class needing only certain types of material, ie steel, ore, but not certain spec types of material (ie Diatium Steel, or intursive ore) to build our buildings.... Player Building as the like will more than likly include spec resourses in creation, need vast ammounts (you though it took a lot to build a PA hall, wait till you build a cantina)

As far as release, as early as next month, withnew big patch, and monthly story, if not, then the following month..... As it is slated that Creature mounts are comming in Oct/Nov, and player Vech during the Christmas Season (anyone thinking another 39.95 for expassion rather than a patch lol)

Check the Dev fourm there is live chat weekdays, where you can learn about lots of planned things, things they thought would work, and didnt, and a few exciting ideas for the future that, we havn't even thought of, but someone there has..... lol

I hope this gives a little insite into the UP, but like I said with SOE it can all change, so keep reading the dev fourms and looking for tid bits....

Peace All, and I will see you all Server Side!

Yes they say that specalty resources will not have poped yet and when they do, once the Urban Planner Profesion comes out we will need to be quick about taking advantage of them.

I do think that having a stockpile ore, steel, copper, and alum with hurt since will deffintly need those things for power cores and walls.

I plan to push hard on Urban planner when they do launch it.

Seems like it might be a good idea to run some factory crates of walls, power cores, and other basic architect compoments and leave them in our factory output hoppers, so we can get a jump on this stuff once it hits (of course, then we run the risk of it taking a whole different type of wall, etc, and those being wasted). Might be best to have some ocmbination of factory crated items and resources, so either way we're in good shape to get a jump on it.

I see another problem - xp for the profession. If there's only a limited amount of each building (cantina, etc.)allowed on the planet, and we don't wanna sell to other PA's who may not have a UP (since then the planet will reach its cap sooner, possibly not allowing us the stuff we want in our city), our UP is gonna have to junk craft these HUGELY EXPENSIVE items to get the xp toghether for the skill increases. This could turn into a major group effort, with many of the guild members donating resources for the necessary junk crafting. I, for one, am willing to help with resources and any basic architect items used in the UP deeds.

So, who's gonna be out UP? Is it still Kimpek, or MArkham, or is it currently undecided?

Jagleh

Markham wishes to do the urban planner. Kimpek is more than happy being the architect/merchant.

Here are my questions regarding this so far.....

The Urban planner does work closely with the politician skill tree. Being as you must be a master architect for urban planner, will that leave enough points left to do politician as well as artisan?

That is some things that need figured out.

As of now, we have two people wishing to dabble in politics, Markham, and Sesh.

My main focus is going to be Urban planner if they points are there I would like to do both but will conceed to Sesh if it is not feasable. To grow the city as quickly as possible we have to be together on this. The politician needs the votes so he/she can get xp and the up needs the politician to place the buildings. There are other buildings we can make that will be less intensive like statues and streets and park benches and such but yes there will be lots of grinding and the practice check box will be my friend.

Archived