The Last Journey

Lukkan steps into his villa in Yew, weary from serving penance for murder, to see his twin, Mordred, hard at work on the forge.

"Luk, how was it today?," questions Mordred.

"As boring as watching you forge metal, brother. We need to talk Mord. I have come to a decision concerning my family and the Empire. In talking with others in my Order of the Arcane Arts. Along routes of the Lost Lands, several altars have been placed that are spawning various Evils. Some of these evils I have been in battle with before, Neira the Necromancer, I have battled with alot, we enjoy each others company. Rikktor I have had the pleasure of destroying, as well as the Barracoon. Upon sending these monsters to their doom, their skull can be taken. There are three others whom i have not battled yet. But after a group has collected all 6 skulls, a greater more devastating Monster can be summoned.

This is the journey I shall partake on, also being my last, brother."

"Your last??? But why???," Mordred asked quizzically.

"The Legion has won its battles, the halls of Olympus are now safe, and an aging wizard like myself is no longer needed as much as one like yourself, a Grandmaster Craftsmen. The wars of trade and resources are the source of the Empire continuing as a force to reckon with. You along with Lord Triston can gather the others in union and build up the riches of the Empire. For the days of greed are among us, the days of warmongers are behind us. Gather as much gold as the houses of Novitus Sanctum can hold. There the strength of the Empire's honor will be needed. Sell quality wares, be fair and just to the people of Sosaria. They will appreciate and respect the Empire for their deeds.

"I have cleared all the floors of the Dread Sanctum for your use. Forges have been setup as well as anvils, looms, and spinning wheels. I request that the rooftop be left as is. For it is a home to my spellbooks and teaching of necromancy as well as the Altar of Death. Do not tread on the roof, the powers are great and can only be released or subdued by a Necromancer. Our cousin the Elf Silvana Sya'vryn, has a house just 2 down from you, she will be assisting the Empire in selling wares as well. I have set up a nice place in Yew Fellucca for myself after I hunt the Harrower, there I will remove my armor, lock up my spellbooks, and rest.....for a good long time."

"My brother, I will take the name of Mortain, the respect and honor you have brought to it, and continue to serve the Empire in your absence. Be safe, Luk, the Evils are very, very powerful. I shall keep your place tidy and fit for your return."

"thank ye, brother, and if Evil ever befalls the lands, if ever the Empire decides to take arms again to vanquish this evil, and protect the lands of Sosaria, I have left a pigeon roost in the Dread Sanctum, tis the only reason I will don my armor and cast these spells again."

Aye, brother, I will miss you, and pray thee return safely."

The two twins embrace and share a bottle of ale. After a night of nostalgia, the 2 part ways, and a new dawn befalls the family of Mortain.