Tradeskill Work Day

Rumblebore

Since Workday was so good and Tradeskills are now the main focus of another day, lets get the ball rolling.

First part – Lets determine where our priority should be on this topic. Should we be helping people who are in the higher ranges of certain specific tradeskills? Or all trade skills at any level?

The reason I ask is it would be better if we knew what the goals are. Where will our efforts best help others/ourselves?

For example, Rumble is 187 in Smithing. I plan on him making Acrylia weapons which require three key components:

Essence of Wind

Windstones

Vials of Clear Mana

Small Bricks of Acrylia

The Windstones are selling in bazaar for 300+ each and I need 2 to make 1 crushed Windstone for 1 combine attempt.

The Essence of Wind tends to be about 50-100 in bazaar and I need 1 per combine. ( I often find a few cheaper, but this is the common rate)

The Vials of Clear Mana requires a Poison Vial and an Emerald per attempt and Davain can cast this. Emeralds are more that 10PP each best price.

I need 2 Small Bricks of Acrylia to make 1 sheet of Acrylia per combine.

So, at worse case, these cost (not all of them by the way) are 710+ if I bought, and that is for 1 combine.

So harvesting the Windstones and Essence of wind, as well as Acrylia, would be what helps me.

Now , lets say we have another Smith who is past this and about 225 and is working to make Cultural Plate for our warriors. Then his list could very well take priority over mine.

The same for Tailoring, etc.

We will need to know where the greatest need is and can helping member(s) X (Y & Z) with Tradeskill (blank) by camping for this list of items (list here) is where we need to focus our workday.

Please think on this and post your thoughts.

We’ll plan the actual day by the end of the week.

hmmm the thoughts of The Wandering Wizard.....

I believe that while it would be beneficial to say ok well so and so is this high lets get him higher ( I am using him in the gender neutral format ladies) I think that a general tradeskill farming day would be better lets focus on pelts, ore, meat etc.... for all ranges of baking smithing brewing you name it....I am sure there will be several groups working on that day in several different areas.... Instaed of saying lets focus on one specific character or anything let it be general... I think it is better to have Several smithies or fletchers or tailors.. that are very good than 1 grand master.... just thoughts though I will probably spend my time killing for pelts and spider silks on that day.....

anyway I ramble...

Archived