The beginners guide to life in the ion lane

Lolanya1

I've had interest in UO since about 1998 when a close friend of mine began to be lost forever in the throngs of people addicted to this game.  I myself am addicted to EQ, so I could not possibly move to a new field...

Wrong!  My interest grows, yet I have no idea where to begin.  I hear tales of closed, secret cotieres of craftsmen who allow no one to enter their ranks, even buying accounts from those who wish to "temporarily" leave for RL issues, so as to remain a whole entity.  I hear the naysayers who shun EQers and AOers and all the other gamers as drab, lifeless, without ingenuity.  I have heard the few speak of the many as outsiders.  Question is:  is there room for another amongst your ranks?

Steer me in the right direction please.

EQ - Lolanya  :laugh:

There is always room for more!   :D

(so long as by "room" you dont mean open housing spots)  :laugh:

Seriously tho, if you ever need help with anything on UO I can be contacted via ICQ at 100652115

To get you guilded, we'll need to drag the Pater Imperium out of Midgard (a task which I'd be more than happy to undertake).

Well I bought UO last night at a mom and pop store here in Ann Arbor, MI for $20 (Bargain Bin).  Seems they advised against joining as there are some spawn issues???  Slow spawns, no reset for items, deleted accounts where the uniques are never to be seen again, etc.

Plus they said I'd be so far behind the norm for a gamer that I'd stick out like a sore thumb.  I understand their concerns.  I was steered toward DAoC as I'd be on the cusp of everyone's acquisitions, with a fairly equal chance to gain items as everyone else.  The guy mentioned a DAoC death advantage/disadvantage:  you can't lose a level upon death, experience and Constitution are lost but not a new level attained.  Also,he said you can pay to restore your Constitution afterward.

I'll be starting UO this weekend in the hopes of understanding, albeit very limited understanding, some of the complexities of the game.  Hope to see some of you there!  :laugh:

EQ - Lolanya

I'm sure any questions you might have can be easily answered.  Currently leadership of the guild is in flux but steps are being taken in that direction as well.  You will find PGoH to be a good group of people more than willing to help.  You know how to get a hold of me when you need me (icq or in eq) and I'll hook you up

-Bels/Lord Ser Brightblade

Well if your a friend of BB's then you are a friend of mine.  UO is quite addictive yes.  I am going on my 2 1/2 years playing it myself.  Not on as much as I used to be but I still am around a bit.

I will be joining the ranks in DaOC shortly, but fing will be in UO until the day it goes black.

Fing