About the MOTD and Supporting Raids

Rumblebore

:(

:D

I stopped into Inny server on Rumblebore yesterday because I heard Nurlaten was looking for me

He was in trader mode. However, it was the Guild MOTD that told me to support upcoming raids by 2 members that frankly bugged me. I didn’t like the terseness of it at all, although the basic sentiment I understand and support.

Before I commented to anyone, I left the game, came to these pages, and looked for info.

There was none.

Today there still isn’t any info on raids.

I have stated many times – that I come here daily looking for the most current info.

I have stated many times – I will gladly work my schedule around raids posted here so as to support the guilds activities.

Yet – The posting of raids still seems to be lacking – and the ONLY way I think I am going find info on raids is to come into Inny server and look around.

That is unacceptable to me.

Having said that – prepare for the following – Rumblebore is going to become more and more a rogue character so long as this very basic service is NOT offered.

I base my time around real life activities, not EQ anymore. It is a hard change to make and I still want to play EQ more than do some things in real life, but I LIVE in RL and must attend to my responsibilities and relationships. That is my priority system.

Therefore I am DEPENDENT on this board and the information provided here.

Either provide the raids info here IN ADVANCE or expect Rumblebore to not attend. Not because he doesn’t care, but because courtesy is lacking and advance notice is non-existent.

:D

I think the point of the supporting raids is more for the lack of respect people show people they haven't had lead them into raids before. Example the first couple raids i ran no one would listen to what i said, people figured that since i hadn't ran many raids before that they knew better than i did. (you can read back a couple months, i'm sure the post about chardok is still there).

The reason that the raids aren't posted yet is that they haven't been decided yet, atleast veadaylmn hadn't picked a day of time yet, i saw him talking about it when i was online.

And rumble i'm still looking for you. :D:(

I sincerely agree Rumblebore... I think ALL raids need to be posted a minimum of 1 week in advance. We all live in RL and we need to be able to juggle a schedule. If you would like I am more than able to postraids just have whoever wants to lead a raid send me a tell or PM on this board and I will happily post dates times and record responses..... I dont know if anyone does this already but since I am an officer now I would like to help take some of the responsibility off someones shoulders...Or if you have anything you want me to do please tell me. I also know that some raids are going be spur of the moment but that goes without saying.... the scheduled ones Need to be scheduled.... Rumble the tearsness of the MoTD was (I believe) to make sure Everyone knew that the raid leaders were incharge without question....

Synthania

51 Wizard

Synth -

there will be raids that will be called 1 day or less because of circumstances and I understand that - Like Dragons and such.

So I have no prob with those circumstances - but important ones like epics , like the Ixi raid, can be easily announced in advance. And those are the ones I really want to support - To help my guildmates get a special item, to help complete and epic mob, for me to fight a real nasty mob with a great group of people, these are the things I WANT to help with.

Archived