New people

Nurlaten

Last night Eldy said hold all invites into the guild. I think something needs to be done with a screening process instead of just holding invites.

There needs to be a process for scanning people before they are accepted into the guild. Some of the recent invites, stooski, eldrikx and til-something are not the type of people that should be in slot.

There should be a forum on the website where new invites can say hello before they are accepted. There should be a written application that needs to be filled out. They should have to attend 1 or 2 raids and have grouped with several officers and guildees before hand. Just handing out invites isn't a good idea and the actions of some recent invites proves this to me.

Since i think this is such an important topic i went and wrote up an app already, give me your thoughts.

This application must be filled out if you are interested in joining slot. Once you have filled it out expect some tells from the officers and invites to raids and groups so we can get to know you. Please join our chat channel /slotfriends and say hello. Please create a topic in our apps forum with your char name as the title and class/level as the sub-topic and answer the questions below.

Character Name:

Class:

Race:

Level:

AA:

Alts that you would like in slot; name, class, race, lvl, aa

How did you hear about SLoT? and what is the main reason you wish to join?

General number of hours played per week:

Tradeskills above 100:

Unbuffed Resists (with best resist gear on)

Or preferably link your magelo profile

Veliuos Factions (we are on dwarf/dragon faction)

Coldain:

Cov:

Expansions that you have:

Do you have any keys: Seb, HS, etc

Do you have any Pop flags?

What is the status of your epic?

Do you have an Enduring breath item?

What’s your alcohol tolerance skill (after meeting some of our members you might take up drinking)?

If you could be any flavor of Jello, which would you be and why? (There is no wrong answer)

What’s better for punting, dwarfs, gnomes or halflings and why?

Why will your race come to rule norrath? If you think you picked wrong, which race will reign supreme and why?

E-mail address (this is optional; it just gives us a way to contact you if we miss you in game or have another question)

Thank you for taking the time to fill this out, it will be reviewed by the officers and we will talk to you in the near future. App to decision general takes a couple weeks depending on if we are able to contact you.

I like that Nurlaten. FYI that Tiluvin I invited because he said he was off in the war for 3 months and was in the guild before and got disbanded. No other officers were on, so I just took his word for it. I talked with him for a while and he seemed genuine, but then again maybe I'm just a pushover and would rather trust people than think that everyone is lying to me. My previous guild had a very rigid application process. There was a application forum where the person would have to talk about themselves and why they wanted to join the guild. And these recruits would also have to have a sponsor in the guild, meaning a member of the guild who was past their 30 day trial period. That sponsor could post on that same topic and say that they approve or verification could just be done in tells. Also before anyone was invited they were recuired to attend at least 5 raids to see how they worked in raid situations. If anyone feels like doing some reading, he's the section on membership from the charter:

::Membership:: Membership is open to level 50 and above. To apply for membership a person must guest with the Guild on at least 5 raids and have a full member sponsor them into the guild. There is a 30 day trial period in which recruits are encouraged to attend and participate in as many guild functions as possible to demonstrate their combat skills, loyalty, and dedication to the guild as well as their fitness to be called Lux et Veritas. At the end of their recruit period, all applicants will be voted on for full membership by the present Officers. Complaints received regarding any recruit by any Officer by members of the guild or allied guilds will be dealt with promptly and appropriately with a warning given to the recruit if found to be in the wrong. Two such warnings will result in dismissal from the recruit program. Officers are also given the authority to remove any recruit from the guild for cause. Once a recruit has completed their 30 day trial period and have been voted into the guild, they will receive full membership benefits including the ability to sponsor additional members into the guild. Alternate characters will not be accepted into the guild until completion of the 30 day trial period and after they have reached level 20.

It's very strict and planned out, but I feel that that is what we need. Lux was like my dream guild and was disbanded for personal reasons, not for any lacking in how the guild actually functioned. I read somewhere else that Rumblebore (I think) quoted something for the old Lux site, so I figure that you guys respected them as well. Anyhow, I think that Nurl's application is a very good idea, except for the silly questions at the end. If we want to be a more soughtafter guild, then we should act like it would be a privelege if we invited someone into our "elite" society (or at least make them feel that way :)).

I have brought up the subject of an application on line before, it got tossed around alittle and then forgotten. It is something that I think we should seriously do. Have them fill out the app, we contact them in game and talk to them, invite them to a few groups. Making sure that they group with all the officers at least once, not letting them know who we are either. Then at our officers meetings, we discuss new recruits and who should be invited and who should be to told, sorry, your not what we are looking for.

Eldy, mcmikahl and i discussed this topic briefly today (5/10). We decided that the application would be put into place, maybe with a little tweaking, and that three recruiting officers will be appointed. The initial 3 are, nada, alta and myself. If you don't want this job or if you are interested in it, talk to eldy or myself.

New invites are now going to be handled like this:

Newperson01 asks about joining slot.

They are sent to an officer preferably one of the three recruiting officers (although it doesn't have to be). The recruiting officer will explain the webiste, the application that needs to be filled out and tell them about slotfriends channel.

Then a new post under the officers forum will be created with that person's name as the title, they will write their initial opinion of the person.

Newperson01 is required to get atleast two of the three recruiting officers to approve of him or her, by chatting, grouping and raiding with us.

If any other officers have grouped with Newperson01 or have any info they should post about him or her in the officer forum.

New people will be informed that the decisions typically take a couple weeks and will be encouraged to talk to as many members and raid/group with us as much as possible.

This system should weed out those that aren't slot material, as usual if you have any suggestions, please post. :devil:

Sounds good nurl, I don't have a problem talking to new recruits. I tend to get a few tells each night anyway, so now I can talk to them "officially" :devil:

I love this Idea. i think it is an excellent Idea and if I can be of any elp whatsoever let me know. I screen people for a Living (I am an apartment manager after all) and I talk to people all day long.... Would love to be a part of this...

Synthania

51 Wizard

I have had some people ask for invites and told them that I was told to hold invites due to a new recruitment process. However, I was not able to go any further with them since the application is not up yet. When will it be active?

No idea when the app will be live, it probably needs some tweaking (alta said she didn't think the last few questions that are in there just to show the potential recruits that we aren't completly serious and enjoy having fun) and also need to get a new forum and some other stuff. Need to make it official, and like all things, it isn't going to be instant. I can't make an educated guess on this because never tried to get something done similar to this before.

As far as i'm concerned if you chat with the person for long enough, have grouped with him or her and know the answer to the vast majority of the app questions than an invite would be alright, but then again, i didn't call the hold to new invites either. Just talk with them and get them in the slotfriends channel. Thinks that's as far as we should go for now.

Had a brief talk with eldy, nada, syn and alta today. I was chatty today! :)

Here's the current plan:

Having balandar create a new forum for apps as soon as he can.

Three recruiting officers, Nada, Synth and Nurl. Alta stepping down due to the fact that she can't play much in the summer. The rundown in the post above is the way things will be done now. Hopefully this system gets the people we want into slot and not garbage.

If you get someone that wants to join the guild, just tell them that we are in the process of creating a new recruiting system or (the easier option) send them to syn, nada or myself. I hope we can get the new forum and the app up by this weekend, but never know.

Looks great Nurl... but my only problem is that you spelled Velious wrong :eatchicken: I'm just a neat freak, so if you can just change that then I can go to sleep and rest again. Happy Birthday!

Archived