2D or 3D

LukkanMortain

What UO do you play?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just curious to see who plays 3D really. I started playing AOS in 3D but the recall lag was killing me, literally. Ive since moved to 2D, and while there are thing in 3D I really liked(bigger windows for the backpacks and chest, so you can spread things out a little), I just cant see hunting in 3D anymore. Dragon armor looks viscious in 3D, looks like regular ole armor in 2D. Just wanting to see, for my own curiousity...curiosity..*looks for a dictionary*

Yup, another 2D here! ;)

I used 3D for a short while with the third dawn beta cd but I too got annoyed with the amount of lag on my 56k connection and am now back on the good ol' 2D stuff... Pity bout the backpack size as you say but its a small price to pay for the lag I guess :D

Actually I see 2 distinct advantages of 3D over 2D.

1 - With the 3D client the dungeons are never truely dark. Using 3D I never have need of an In Lor or Nightsight. On the 2D client the dungeons can get dark as coal.

2 - I like the CTRL + SHIFT option of the 3D client. With just 2 buttons pressed I get the bar of every item, player, and creature on the screen. It makes it easy to pull health bars, it makes it easier to loot.

This one is nice, but not too much of a plus. In the 3D client, as soon as the death blow lands I can open the corpse and begin looting before it hits the ground.

There are advantages to both...just i pick playability. For events and such i do use 3d. When out hunting or traveling i use 2d. You have to love the zoom puts you right in the action. Also the mass buying on the vendors is great. To bad when you get off your mount it looks like your knee deep in molasses.