Need the guild's suggestions

LukkanMortain

Now before Steel and Logan come after me with pitchforks, I'm not trying to change the uniform. At least not the ceremonial uniform! I was wanting to get the guild's opinion on this. According to Rp, most necromancers dont prance(and yes, sometimes we do prance) around in gold armor, or for that matter metal armor in general. In guild events, I fully agree that to show our rank in the Empire, we should definitely wear the appropriate uniform according to rank. I believe that as evil practicers of the undead, Bone armor would be more suitable for daily wear. It truly fits to the necromancer ways. Of course in order to make this functional, it needs to be mage armor(unless your a necro warrior in which case youre not predominately csating spells all the time). Steel, Logan, Counsel, do you object to this in any way? And all guild members, if you have any suggestions, lay em on me!!

On thier day to day wear nothing is forced...well..almost nothing...they have to have the purple apron, and the sash, cloak, kilt [colored acording to rank] other than that no restrictions

Logan

Maybe at squire level they are lucky just to wear bone armour.

But even a squire will need mage armor. A true necromancer will be training meditation. Anyone who has ever trained a mage knows that one cannot meditate in bone armor, unless it is the new "mage armor". Not to shoot down Luk's suggestion to change the Necro uniform to bone mage armor, but as he and I discovered on a shopping spree the other night, finding decently priced mage armor is near impossible. And when you do find it, you pay out the nose for it.

I believe the bone mage armor has to be made by a GM tailor with one of the new runic sewing kits. This is one item my own GM Tailor does not have (if she did, this would not even be a concern of mine). Add to the fact that many of the newer guild members might not have the funds to clothe themselves, without the help of vet players.

Now, shoot me if you wish, but shouldnt the Guild supply the uniforms? :cry::D

Hmmm....perhaps we can use some of the treasury in such a venture. If memory serves me right we have an extreme amount of money in the treasury, if not i shall shut up.

I don't think there is a real need to require meditation and mage armor in a ceremonial uniform. As a mage, I griped about the Senators choice of plate armor, but then again, I never wore it to anything other than meetings and ceremonies.

Also, you can get bone armor with Mage Armor attribute as loot from monsters, just like mage plate, mage chain, etc.

Well, there isn't really any restriction for day to day wear except the stuff Logan stated above. Personally, even though I'm a part Necromancer, I'll stick to my leather armor *grin* And after re-rereading Lukkan's post, looks like we aren't even talking about ceremonial uniform here. Lukkan, wear whatever you want (along with your apron)

To confirm,

The codex required dress only comes into play for a Non combat event (ceremony). The "dress" uniforms were designed so that each rank could be easily reconized and for a little bit of artristy. The effect of this when we once gathered in large numbers was a sight to behold. In combat, and day to day activities, only the "clothing" listed by rank in the codex is required.

In your day to day activities including missions, guild hunts, and friendly romps the weapons and armor are for you to chose. The rule being whatever is best for your success. The codex does not, and should not restrict you from playing at your maximum level of ability.

As for the bone armor suggestion Lukkan. I believe that yes the bone armor would be most suitable for your class in accordance with Role Play. What we would not seek to do is mandate day to day armor wear. Such would be strictly voluntary. Again, out goal is not to restrict in such away that you must equip yourself with items that lower your ability to succeed.

Strength and Honor.

Edited by Steel DarKnight