Policy

kodoz

I consider myself as somewhat of a leader as the centurion of the lancers. When hunting with newer recruits to the PGoH I have established what i call the policy. I just wanted you all to see this, andif you agree we could have it as sort of an unwritten rule.

1. The golden policy rule: If you take a legionnaire or lower ranking member with you on a hunt, I believe you should give them all of your share of the money unless you are in desperate need of said funds.

2. If you see an item of worth on a monster you hath slain, do not keep and sell off. Either donate it to the young one, donate to the Empire, or use yourself.

3. Take only things such as weapons your character uses, reagents for your characters, bandages and the like. Our newer recruits probably need the money and other things for themselves to help them raise the skills and experience they need.

4. If you die due to a failure on the part of a recruit, DO NOT scream at them, unless they purposely screwed up.

5. Keep them alive at all costs. Never advise them to hunt strong enemies alone until they are fully prepared and informed of monster behavior, abilities, and weaknesses.

6. If the recruit dies, do not blame yourself and beat yourself up about it. Resserect them and do everything in your power to safely return all their items.

7. Know whether or not your enemies loot corpses. this will save a lot of your stolen items from getting to another player who kills the monster.

8. I cannot emphasize enough that you should do everything in your power to save the recruit. However, if the recruit cannot resserect do not fall yourself. This is a very common accident, and one i have had happen many times.

9. If a recruit dies and criticizes himself repeatedly remind them that death and dying are part of the game. I used to get extremely angered every time I died, until i realized that its part of the game. you take the risks, you take the danger.

10. Inform the recruit of all tactics you use personally. They need to know your strengths and your limits. also tell them the safest way to escape your location if things go sour.

These are just a few of the things i can think of, and i wish to have your feedback, comments, criticism, and ideas. thank you all

So, you are saying not to take a new archer to the Ophidian Desert? hehe Man, that went so badly, sorry about that again Charlie heh.

I agree with what you have said. Patience is key when assisting those that are new to Britannia.

Perfectly put , Kodoz. Everytime I thought of a point to add, your next point covered it! I personally have hunted with Kodoz, Cheblis, Lord Prom, Steel, and Winter Wind and have found every excursion very enjoyable.

All new recruits need to realize that if your fighting with one of the vets, if you die, you only really lose fame, thats it. Not skills, stats or anything else. Except for items, and they are just that, ITEMS. itms can be bought and sold all day long. And if you lose an item thats very dear to you, I have ffull faith that probably an elder has it, or they will make a point to keep an eye out for it.

Also, you lose 10% fame each death, thats not a big deal, until you get close to Lord/ Dread Lord and again, its just a title.

One point for the new recruits that I learned the hard way. Just because you go into, say, Shame and kill every single earth elem that comes your way, doesnt mean you can do that next time yu go in. They all have different strengths.

itms can be bought and sold all day long.

Isn't that the truth. Lord knows I've gotten all kinds of upset over losing items in the past. Only to wind up replacing them with the same thing or something better. I just have to keep reminding myself that they are only pixels representing bits of code.

One point for the new recruits that I learned the hard way. Just because you go into, say, Shame and kill every single earth elem that comes your way, doesnt mean you can do that next time yu go in. They all have different strengths.

Do not forget the most dreaded monster of all. The LAG monster. I had taken Nether on a champ spawn with Lora, Anfalas, Linda, Matrim, Johnny, and a couple of others (sorry I can't recall all the names) and was doing ok. The spawn was under controll. Next thing I know the LAG monster grabbed me as I ran across the altar. When it let go I had about 10 rats and 4 direwolves on me. Seemed like they just appeared.

As far as going earth ele hunting, I know a better place than Shame. Less spawn, less players, better chance of survival if lag hits. Plus, it is not very far (4 screens maybe) from a Skeletal Dragon for you more adventurous types.

Kodoz, all very fine you points you made. Can't find a fault with any of them.

Edited by Winter Wind

Addendum: Monsters that can and will loot you

Ratmen

Skeletons

Skeletal Knights/Bone Knights

Liches/lich lords/Ancient liches

Bandits aka Brigands

Devourer of Souls

Bone Daemon

Gauntlet Champions

anyone know any others?

*giggles at Lukkan* :) I totally agree with Kodoz on this subject i enjoyed the hunt he took me and Winter on when we started in PGoH to sacrifice to kill ratmen and was surprised when he said that all that money was ours i felt rich. Thanks again for this post brother it needs to be done to help our recruits learn and build their skills..

:cry: