Clarification

Leah

:0 Since I haven't had much time to spend in UO my informaiton is all coming from the boards currently. I have to admit to feeling a little lost in the situation with GOL. Could someone please fill me in a little better?

To be honest. I think we are all at a loss on what exactly happened.

To the best of my knowledge a GoL memeber or members were making accusations against a member or members of PGoH. Whether this was kill stealing or what I do not know. At one point GoL had placed a Kill On Sight order for Pride of PGoH. Pride was jailed for safety. A 24 hour period I believe.

GoL was not very open to communication in resolving this matter.

PGoH withdrew from the Catskills Alliance due to the actions by GoL.

Also, while GoL was never able to provide any "proof" to their accusations, the UO Journals and/or screen shoots provided by PGoH members did not show any truth to the accusations made by GoL.

Again, this is all just to the best of my knowledge. I would not consider any of it to be factual. This is just what has filtered down to the legionnaire level.

The two items I do know to be 100% fact are:

1 - Pride was jailed for Pride's own safety for a 24 hour period

2 - PGoH withdrew from the Catskills Alliance due to the actions by GoL.

These were both annouced by Head of State-Greg at the last meeting of the Empire.

While it does not contain all of the answers, I do hope this helps.

GoL wasnt the only reason we left the alliance, but it was a very big part of it.

Our leadership decided membership in the alliance wasnt really worth bothering with since all it provided us was a weekly champ spawn (something we can easily do on a daily basis if just a few people are feeling up to it) and in return for that the alliance got to make a lot of our decisions for us regarding inter-guild relations.

Run a journal utility at all times and a screenshot program if possible. Unless Im mistaken this is now a REQUIREMENT.

Report any hostilities (threats, childish name-calling, stalking, etc) by GoL to Greg or any of the governors.

If a member of GoL attacks you, use whatever force is necessary to get out of there (just as you would against any other aggressor), alert the praetorians so they dont feel left out :0 , and be sure to have your journal file ready to submit for review asap.

Well thats helped me alot, I hadn't really heard much of what was going on since I've missed a few meetings due to RL happenings and the only GoL contact I've had is seeing them once crowded round the Brit moongate although they said nothing as I wandered through...

Has anyone got a website for a better journalconverter btw? so far i've used 2 diff ones and they both messed up my UO shortcuts :0

To tell you my view, I think we shouldn't be too relaxed or too worried. Please try not to instigate any more fights, and avoid any GoL who seem hostile. I will try and keep abreast on the situation, and if any of us come under attack or insult and i am on pigeon me and i will hasten to your side.

They're to be treated basically how you'd treat anyone else. Dont look down on someone just because they're GoL, but always be aware that the potential for further attacks does exist and keep your eyes open at all times.

The main problem that GOL had with PGoH to my understandiing was over Champion spawns and griefing. Wind was right ins saying they provided no proof, nor did they today as I spoke with them. After a very lengthy conversation with a few GOL members today a peace has been agreed upon for pride and GOL. They will not attempt to kill me when they see me. ALthough I must admit it was nice to be wanted , I just wish it was in a GOOD way!! *thinks nobody wants her anymore* lol. Not all GOL are bad I agress with Kodoz. THere are a few people in every guild that are not that desirable but for the most part GOL is a decent guild and sometimes greed can get the best of us infact it often has many of us. Let us just please remember the simple rules of attending a spawn. That I will post after I am done with this one . OK all done Happy Birthday!