Mordred's disappearance

LukkanMortain

A cold and windy night as Lukkan sits in his stone tower preparing herbs and regeants for training tomorrow, one of his trainees burst into his chambers.

"Master, a note left on your door, tis from your sister."

"Gloriana? Place it on the mantle, and take your leave."

"Aye, Master," he says, bows and leaves the chambers.

"I hope this isnt another attempt for a family reunion," Lukkan proclaims with disgust.

He opens the sealed parchment and reads:

Dearest brother Lukkan,

I understand your need for solitude, and although I miss you greatly, I was too young to understand the reasons behind your leaving and the bitterness between you and Mordred, but I have noone to turn to in this matter.

Two days ago, Mordred left Trinsic to head towards the PGoH city in Malas. He was to join the guild, in hopes of providing a better life for me, my daughter Gyenn, and our brother Alexi. Last he told me it was to be a quick initiation by Decurion Ballyn, and he would return by daybreak. I havent heard from him since.

Normally, I wouldnt involve you, but Alexi is in training as a Paladin, and I cannot leave Gyenn alone. Mordred says you are not the Lukkan we new. He says you are close to evil, hardened, and have no place in normal society. I refuse to believe this. I still feel your heart. Our mother was a great procurer of the Arcane arts, and I have spent my time hear practicing her spellbooks. Please find him, for I cannot hold a household by myself. He needs you, Lukkan, I fear he is in grave danger.

Gloriana Mortain

"Mordred is missing?" says Lukkan with a sigh."I must consult Mordoth, maybe he can use his skills to see what he's gotten into. Mordred is just an easy miner, he can't defend himself from the evils out there."

Lukkan jumps upon his steed and strides quickly to Umbra. As he reaches Mordoth's castle, he is greeted at the castle doors by Mordoth's familiar.

Laughingly the familiar replies,"Looking for brother I bet."

"Yes, Mordoth can you locate him?"

With a loud pop and a burst of smoke, Mordoth appears.

"You family is here now, not the mortals," Mordoth says angrily.

"But he is in danger, they cannot survive without him,"says Lukkan.

"That is not your concern now, you belong here."

"He is my brother, I must find him, I shall return after he is safe."

"You will not!! Your training is most important now."

"My family is more important than training, I am sorry to dissapoint you."

"You dare defy me," screams Mordoth,"In Sar!!!"

With a flash of bright light, an extreme pain comes of Lukkan dropping him to his knees.

"I saved you from death! You were but a lifeless corpse before I came and ressurected you, you serve me!!"

" I serve Honor! I killed the murderers and thieves of Fellucca for the good of the Empire. I may have lost my way, but I can see you are no God of Honor."

Lukkan stands to his feet and raises his hands.

"Kal Res Por," proclaims Lukkan.

And with a puff of smoke he was gone.

"COWARD!!! YOU CAN"T HIDE FROM ME,"screams Mordoth into the dark night.

A knock at the door awakens Gloriana. She rushes to the door hoping it be Mordred.

She creaks the door open. An ominous figure dressed in blue armor, wearing a blue cape and skirt adorning a blue barbed bone helm. The figure slowly removes his bone helm.

With a gasp, Gloriana says, "Lukkan?? Is that you?"

"Aye,sister, tis me"

"But your skin, its so pale and cold, your hair is red like fire?"

"Im not what I used to be," Lukkan says shamefully.

"But you are my brother still," Gloriana says tearfully as she embraces Lukkan.

"I will find Mordred, do not fret over this."

"Thank you, brother, we need him so."

"Who was he to meet with?"

"He was meeting Decurion Ballyn. Do you know him?"

"Aye, At first light I will head to Olympus to speak with him."

"Come on in, Lukkan, lets get you comfortable, stay here tonite, I will prepare your bag for the journey tomorrow."

"Aye, a good night's sleep will do me well, thank you, Gloriana."

"Thank you, Lukkan, for coming home."