Famous Words

Winter Wind

If you have read the works of Douglas Adams you will be familiar with these two famous words: "Don't Panic"

I am bringing these words to light because it seems the empire is attracting new people every day. A lot of these new memebers are used to hunting alone and not in groups.

Let's get the worst case scenario out of the way first. You die and lose all of your belongings. Death is only temporary in the realm we live in. All items can be replaced. Feel better now? Good.

When you are out hunting in a group there are people there that can heal you, that can cure you, and probably can bring you back from the dead.

1 - If the big bad monster rips your flesh open others will be able to help bandage you or close your wounds magicaly.

2 - Should that evil rotting corpse rack your body with pain from his poison the paladins can cleanse the poison with fire from the heavens.

3 - If the Ogre Lord pounds the life from you the mages or healers can bring you back from the dead.

While you stand there looting your remains the group can watch over you and protect you.

This is why I say "Don't Panic." When you panic you will run in wild circles preventing others from helping you. Worse, you may simply run off and nobody can find you to help you. Trust me, there is nothing more aggrivating than running while panicing and running into a bigger meaner monster than the one you are trying to get away from.

But what if you are out solo hunting, should you panic then? NO! Think of where you are. Think of where you can find help. If you constantly stay aware of your locatoin and surroundings you will find that help is never far off. Besides, you can always try to ICQ for help if you need it. You do have ICQ, don't you?

So now you are hurt and know death is coming for you. Time to run. The question is, which way do you run? Run towards an area you know is safe. Run towards an area you know healers can be found. Run towards a moongate. Run towards a town. Run towards an area you know is popular with other players. You may not make it all the way to any of these places, but you have put valuable space between yourself and your foe. Not to mention you are closer to help than you were when you started.

To summarize. Always be aware of where you are and where the nearest "safe" areas are. In a group situation be aware that there are other people to help you. When out by yourself remember that help is never far away. Most importantly, "Don't Panic."

Oh, and don't forget your towel. :0

Aye, perfectly put. I must be the king of solo hunting(guess cuz im usually on at 11pm to 5 am), but I always, everytime, no matter how many times I have hunted that dungeon, always check for the wandering healers. Not only that, but whats around the healers i.e. Shame. Nothing worse than getting rezzed and hit by a reaper in one fail swoop!!

And also, dont feel like you dont want to ICQ someone and bother them. For most of the elders, A rez or heal takes one shot, then they can go back to their duty. Because I keep losing good armor, ive started using cheap armor, and I cant count how many times Ive Q'd Cheblis or Kodoz for help, and they always come running!!! What a guild!!

:smash: Words of Wisdom from Winter are to be wisely taken to heart. I can't tell you how many times she and I have been out hunting and she has gotten irratated at me because i have paniced. I am learning that panicing is not a good thing I can get help from my guildmates and from people near me. Legionnaires and all remember Don't Panic!!! It is the worst thing you can do! Take it from one who has learned the hard way. *laughs* This guild is the best there is from the several I have been in. The help I have recieved has shown me what can be possible with team work and HONOR!!

Thank you all!

Strength and HONOR!!

Raistlin Wind

Edited by Raistlin_wind

Ahhh, let me lie down in the mud and try to get a cup of tea from the central computer of the Heart of Gold.

"Don't Panic" is the first two words I teach to new recruits of the medical field.

Panic only brings chaos and misjudgement......take wisely the words of our sister!

Staying alive in any tense situation requires keeping your head. Once panic sets in you are probably lost :smash:

To quote Frenzy (I always thought there were a couple of nuggets of wisdom in those little quotes on the back of the Transfomers boxes) :sword:

Frenzy

"Sow panic and surrender will bloom."

If Fenzy needed to breath, war would be his oxygen. He knows no cause, only craves to spread fear and destruction. His efforts are appreciated by other Decepticons. His devotion to warfare makes him hard to deal with on a personal level. Can roll his drums to produce high-pitched, grating sound of 200db. Disorients and disrupts electrical flow in opponent's curcitry whih makes them malfunction. Physically weak. His maniac attack can be countered with cool logic.

--Valshea

What Winter says is applicable in many different situations. If you are alone, and looting yourself, this especially applies. if you panic and attempt to grab your stuff too fast ormiss droppingit in your bag you will most likely lose it, or waste precious seconds waiting to be able to get another item whilethe monster comes for you. OSI should really make it so that bandages stay on top of your corpses so you can get them easier...