Stat info needed

LukkanMortain

My question now is about stats, what combo should I have for a necro.

And if anyone can help me with the debate about wether I should have a necro/mage...or necro/warrior. Id like to be the first, but I cant seem to get comfortable with fighting without a weapon. And does anyone have a suggestion for a template? I asked earlier and got some good advice, but since I live in Fellucca, some ppl say I might need a different setup. Any advice?

pros and cons to each template. Hard to say.

The necro spells are going to drain mana. Would be bad to need to get off a strangle or in vas mani but have no mana.

The warrior skills are nice, but then again that is in close fighting.

If you take the warrior route you shouldn't need more than 35 INT. That still leaves a decent amount to split between str and dex.

Should you go the mage route you will need to be able to keep your distance to get spells off and will still have the armour limits. Unless that has changed as well. Plus, you willl need more than 35 INT

Hehe, go for a compromise. Necro / Archer. Yes, only I would say that.

You still get the necro spells, plus the damage power of the weapons. With a bow you can do paralyze and mortal strike. With a heavy cross bow you can dismount. With the repeater you have the double strike ability. That usually hurts.

Might just have to try experimenting with each and see if one works better for you than the other.

I do know that the horrific beast form can do wonderful melee damage no matter which templet you use. Not sure if I have posted it in these forums before or not: I did watch a horrific beast "own" the small orc fort in Malas, NW of the PGoH city. He was litterally beating to death the Orc Mages, Captains, and Lords as fast as they could spawn.

Well, you do not have magery so Eval Int isn't that important to you.

Focus replaces Meditation

Tactics will be helpful for weapon combat.

Resist can be usefull for getting out of Paralyze and blocking any non damaging spells.

If living in Fel, hiding can be usefull.

Prometheus. That is correct. The one advantage an archer has now is the moving shot ability. I cannot recall if that is with the crossbow or composite bow. The drawback, it drains mana.

Might have to play around with that some next week.

So, IF I choose to go necro/mage I would need Eval Int, if not I can toss it? I've been hearing ppl discuss Resist as being worthless now since AoS? I dont quite understand most of this, Im trying but even in my D&D days, I couldnt understand alot!! Now if I am 100+ in 7 skills, and I dont have magery, can I still recall and heal alittle bit? Maybe its my skill lvl, but SS seems like its not a guarantee fix, plus if theres no corpses around Im draining my own mana. I suppose I can go the bandies route, but isnt that healing?

One last question: If you have a necro, anyone, what type of armor would you consider to be the best for that char? I had some armor from Cheblis, which I didnt take a good look at, but I was knocking down Earth elems right and left, but since I died late one night and got looted(long story,no ones fault, comp lag) and lost it, Ive ried other armor and I dont stand a chance.

The nice thing about the Necromancer is the Shadow Wisp familiiar. Gives you small mana bursts every now and then, the lower your karma, the more you get back. For a mage, its a great help. For a warrior relying on only a little mana for special moves, it's all you need.