Do you have your copy yet?

Balandar

Yes, I did. I got mine shipped second day default, it costed 5 bucks but they Fed-ex it to me. The promotional codes are E-mailed to the Buyer from EBworld.com. So, you should talk to Borg about your extra races code. There are variations on shipping. If they're shipping to a PO box, they'll be sending it through the US Mail.

Because it requires credit card and has not time cards I did not get Shadowbane.

But it was on the shelves at Wal-Mart here in Pensacola Thursday morning.

I did not see it in stock at the eb store last night.

Hope that info helps, somehow.

I picked up a copy at Martok's behest (did I spell that right? :p ) ... first impressions aren't really that great. The graphics are pretty out of date, and the big thing right now is some kind of issue with my sound, causing everything to sound staticy. Looking into a solution. I got a month to figure out if this is gonna be worth it or not.

Well on the plus side, I got Prometheus as a name, and I went ahead and reserved Shal too. Gonna try a warrior first, then a mage. Then I'll see how the other classes go.

Ah shaddup 'Tok *slaps* I played it a bit after I downloaded new drivers. Solved the sound effect problem, but not the music. But at least I'm not playing deaf now. I found a group and went to town, almost reached level 5. So far, I'm going for something similiar to my Shadowblade on DAoC: dual sword weilder. Seems to do pretty good so far.

*edit*

Also, is there any kind of Friends list in the game? I can't find any reference to it in the manual ... I hope there is a feature like that ... And what guild are you guys in? I picked the first town on the list ... Hamlet of something or other. Banner is a red and blue shield.

We are the blue and white shield guys. Everyone starts out on the same newbie land I believe. I hit level 11 tonight.. after about 5 hours. Much much faster than daoc. Playing a human wizard. Going to need to find some int and spi runes. 105 int already and 75 spi.

I'll probably go pick up a copy if it's in the stores up here. I don't know how much I'll play it though, but I will check it out at the very least

Balandar, you are a newb. Give yourself some CON too. Those runes you speak of can only be found outside newbie island.

There are two guilds on the newbie island. Blue cross thingys and red and blue cross thingys. Blue cross is based on silverlance, and the other based on knightsbridge. Tomorrow (level 19 now) I will be kicked out of newbie land and venture forth into the mainland.

Hope to see you there!

We are not in a guild per say. In newbie island you have to belong to one of the guilds for traveling reasons. I leave and rejoin either guild depending on what side of newbie island I need to be on (you can go to a runemaster at the tree of life to enter the swirly gate thingy to another town)

When we get off of newbie island we will actually join a "real" guild.

Con for a mage does nothing (so small amount you still die in one or two hits). Every guide that I have read says to max you int and spi and then place rest into con or dex or whatever you want. I am not sure if I can hit 20 today. That will be a lot of grouping and concentrating. I may stop around 1000 xp to go into 19 so I can train first before being kicked out. Does anyone know if there are any NPC cities out in the real world?

I picked up the game on Tuesday and hit level 21 Wednesday Night, so 2 days of playing at a total of about 14hours of game time. The key was finding good groups to go out with and sticking with them for as long as the folks stayed in game. A lot of those 14 hours were spent doing nothing except trying to find a group. I would say that in real hours of fighting it took about 10 to hit level 21 as a human assassin. Some races like Minotaurs take longer to level.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived