Sebkeys

Saite

I finally decided to step up to the plate and host a raid. Granted it started late but some guild mates needed help with CR and that was a priority. As soon as we arrived in TT, there was one certain person that was trying to take over even after me repeating myself several times. This person was ignoring me and kept barking out orders until finally someone spoke and said that I was running raid and in charge. I switched over to Saite to come over and help track down mobs that we needed to finish the quest, as soon as I logged into her, this other person attempted to take over again. I then repeated myself that I was running this, this person the got alittle huffy about it and eventually just left the raid.

This is not a team player, a team player helps you as much as they can yes, but not try and take over and ignore anything that you have said. I would like any sugestions that you may have on how I should handle this situation. I have never really confronted anyone being an officer.

I hope this doesnt get into an ugly mess. Try not to let it.

The person mentioned is Makkuni. Now one thing I do know is that she had also been in TT recently and between her and at least 2 other officers, they managed to get their keys. So she was trying to "pull" us into doing things the way she had been doing them.

The basic Makkuni personality has alterered a bit. She is much more flirtatious (in a balatant or more active way), she has ALWAYS been willing to help and support people, and she gets pissed easily when things just aren't doing well or as she thinks they should be, based on her experience. I really like Makkuni, but in truth she WAS crossing the line. Nadannu was named to be leading this MANY times and that there should only be ONE puller (we named the Ranger as the puller/bait) and she STILL ran out and pulled mobs in. Granted, these were greenies to all of us.

The point is, that day, Makkuni did not play her part but was strongly playing against the leaders expressed directions, at least at first. Eventually she did back down and play it Nadannus way, but it took me intervening a bit to make it happen.

I think this is what has hasppened. There are distinct individuals that the guild sees as leaders: Eldy, Dylanni, Me, Galdin, Shawdar, Soltek, etc. The Seb Key raid was being led by Nadannu on her first Led Raid. People were looking for the familiar while this raid was distinctly being led by an "unfamiliar" Raid leader. Makkuni groups with Galdin, Shawdar, Jaqs, and is often chosen to be in Eldorans group on raids. She is accustomed to being around leaders and has probably developed a certain feel for being there. I also know she was the high executive of a company she (owned?? Ran??) at one time.

Makkuni is used to leading, so she needs to be able to calm down and let the leaders who have not commonly led raids do so.

Nadannu did an excellent job in my opinion. Yes, this issue made it irritating for Nadannu.

But I see no reason why this matter should go any farther than here. There should not be any bad blood created. The basic rule is this - The LEADER calls the Raid. The individuals accept their assigned part in the raid and does that part with excellence. It is fair to say Makkuni did not do this AT FIRST but that she DID eventually come around and accept her part in support. Makk was wrong, but mellowed out.

Please, dont let this turn into something sour.

nada,i find that a tell works best when something like this happens,whether it is the change of color of text or not...ppl seem to notice a tell over group or channel...i sent makk a tell at one point and she seemed genuinely suprised that she wasn't supposed to be pulling and she also asked if she was doing wrong by pulling,i told her no,was an honest mistake but framir was supposed to pull and that it was a mistake,no biggy...i was not there when she left,so i don't know what happened at that point....she is helpful and does do what she can to assist others...problem is from my point of veiw is that until the past week or 2,unless she was in a raid,she was grouped with beio,another druid,that style of play is completely different than grouping with a war and a cleric and so on...

Well, I can see that my opinon does not matter in this case. If this had have been any other person in the guild, we would be talking about what should be done about it. Makk has left our guild 3+ times because she was not getting her way and now she is back again. I have nothing personal against her but she always wants things her way and if she doesnt get it, she does get an attitude about it. Mc, if you want to see the favortism, sit back and look...this is it. Also go and take a look at our tier chart, alot of it there.... I can ask in guild chat if anyone would like to start a group somewhere, I get ignored....Makk asks, everyone falls all over themselves getting to her, I will even ask if I can come along when Makk calls out if anyone wants to do something, I never get invited unless I talk to someone else that happens to be going and they tell me to come along anyway.

I call that favortism, im sorry and many others do see it. I have had a few talk to me about it and some people have left the guild because of it in the past and I see more leaving in the future. I have been in this guild for a very long time and consider it my home but lately I have been made to feel like a stranger. As I said in a earlier post, we all equal in this guild and no one is better than any other. Some chars may be able to do more for the others, me being a cleric, I can not port you or take you around and pl you like a druid can but I do go out of my way to do a rez when needed. I have offered to take people and get items that we need to raid other zones, like EB items, which we can do a quest in Echo for. I do try and do what I can for the guild, but I can only do so much in between trying to level so that I can do bigger plane raids and dropping everything, including a group that I may be in, to go and rez someone.

I love this guild and the people in it, we are all a great group of people but we need to learn to sit back and talk and LISTEN to each other without judgement. There has to be compromises, not just one person saying...okay, lets drop it, no more talk of it. Im sorry, that just doesnt work for me. That is just sweeping the problem under the rug for it to fester even bigger. I have always been scared to speak up and voice my opinon because I didnt want anyone mad at me, that is about to change. Im a hot tempered red head (hence why all my chars are red heads) and believe me, I do get mad about alot of things going on. I may be a unknown right now but I wont be for long.

Although not as bad as nada's i had a run-in with makk on my first raid, last night in com.

It seems she doesn't like anyone other than eldy, shaw and galdin telling her what to do.

Here's the situation: I'm porting people to EJ from the nexus (remind to appoint someone else to porting duties when i run raids in the future, it's too much a pain to get people places while getting 4 tells and answering questions in both guild chat and leaders channel). For the first round of ports there were 7 people there (makk, myself and 5 others), so i think to myself, hmm... makk is a druid, maybe she can get herself there and i can port the 5 others. So i do that, bring 5 people to EJ and head back to the nexus to get the next round of people. Apparently she wanted me to port her as i got a "Hey that wasn't nice, i guess i'm not wanted" in guild chat. So i then tried my best to explain to her the situation and all she said was, "you can do your raid without me." I even offered to take her there with the next group, but that wasn't good enough. Oh well, doesn't bother me in the least, but just figured i'ld let everyone know.

I've never had any problems with her before, and i don't really care about her opinion of me. She's a unique individual and i treat everyone the same, so apparently she gets upset when she doesn't get special treatment.

This isn't a big concern of mine, i guess i just wanted everyone to know that nada isn't the only one that sees makk this way.

oh,as far as i can tell,she does want special treatment...i am not saying she doesn't...how you choose to deal with that is up to you...and if she throws a tantrum over not gettting a port when she is a druid...well,that is too bad for her...as you said,it makes little difference if she is there at that time or not,she lost a chance at possibly getting a reaver at that point,not you or aaeo or anyone else.if she didn't know way from the port in spot,she could have easily said something about waiting for her to zone through before you left(whcih i don't think she does know way).but i feel it is a persons responsiblity to arrange for transportation or explain to someone that they don't know the way,at the beginning of a raid it is easy to find transportation and or a guide more times than not.

Archived