General V'Ghera

Dylanii d'Arias

Well, what can I say. Last night's attempt on the General was sloppy sloppy sloppy.....and we did INCREDIBLY WELL. I think that we would have had him, had he not got stuck in the wall. As sourly as things turned out, everyone did a great job considering.

We were doomed from the start.....

I was running through Kith with my alt and bumped into EoT, prepping to take the General. I asked them if we could combine forces in taking him, they declined but said that they would leave up one DE for us to trigger the spawn. Eldy and I then began to frantically throw together a mish mash of everyone we knew and soon a scrappy bunch formed at the HP ent in Kith.

Meanwhile EoT's Rogue tried to turn in his sealed box to the DE at the trigger piont, went LD, and LOST his box (he has to sart his epic all over again). EoT, all but Eaman, left and it was our show.

We moved in closer to the DE house and I attempted to turn in my sealed box. I ALSO went LD during the turn in. I was lucky however and when I logged back in my box was still in my inventory. Very odd though.....bug?? I had also been killed by the DE.

In an attempt to get my corpse for rez, the DE (lvl 55+) was aggroed and wiped out the raid party....Rez round 1.

On my 2nd attempt to turn in the box, I was successful, and the General spawned in all his glory a few feet from me. At this point Lyythos summoned me to spare my life. *hug Lyythos*

Eldy then pulled the General. And died, btw, making it an official SLoT raid. The General, who did not want to be slowed or stay in one place and who hits really hard and moves very quickly and casts for mucho dmg, then painted the forrest floor red with our blood....rez round 2

By this time Wageit and some other TE members came in for backup. Wageit kited General as rezzing commenced (if General is not aggroed for a period of time he despawns, epic back to square 1). He did a bang up job, solo kiting for nearly 20 minutes, but eventually ran OOM and had to zone into HP. General, of course, followed him.

By then the party was rezzed and on our way to HP zone to give Wageit a rest and take over the attack. However the General was so mad at Wageit and ran into the zone canyon so fast that he sent himself right into the wall and no one could target him....He despawned....Epic back to Square 1....Petition chain began....everyone finally got to go to bed.

So that is a basic run down incase you missed the fun last night. I think the main thing was timing....my timing was bad. Many SLoTs had already gone to bed or were in the process of doing so when things went into motion. SLoT turn out was only 12 members....BUT that was everyone of level who was online at the time, spare one who was unable to come, and I think we should be proud of that.

:smash:

Sideline commentary

Upon the generals release from the hut, I watched and aided Eaman do some damage to him. Eaman maintained aggro well. And then it happened - someone (chanter?? Shammy??) cast something that pulled aggro away. At that point, looking back in retrospect, was the point where the wipeout began. I watched one by one as people were attacked and QUICKLY died. This guy is NOT a non-melee mob - he landed blows on me at AC 988 for 225 - 255. only about 16 hits in 10 seconds and I was dead.

I will say this once - We NEED to learn our class, what our spells and abilities do to aggro in combat, need to learn about how to use them when the MA is a 1) Warrior, 2) Pally, 3) Ranger, etc....... The MA was a pally and pallies, while decent and good MA's, do NOT maintain aggro as wel as a Warror can.

From when Eaman lost aggro, it was about 90 seconds before the General came back to me. At that point I was shouting into Raid speak that we are at Wipeout, everyone ZONE. I then died. Eaman and I had the most aggro on the mob, yet one extra spell was enough to throw this out the window and the general did not try to return to Eaman for about 40 seconds. THAT says a lot I think.

---------------

Final notes - That guy is BAD and NASTY - I had a Blast going after him. That I stood as well as I was able to shows me how much Rumble has come along. I was scared to death of this guy. Now I can see how he CAN be taken down.

I learned. I hope we all can too.

A few things, I agree with Rumblebore that learning about your class and abilities is one of the most important part of the game especially during a raid. No matter what, you want the mob to stay on the Tank at all times. Therefore you need to learn to; wait for assist call, when to cast your spells, and how many times you can cast on it.

In terms on holding aggro in combat, warriors aint number one since it takes time for them to deal their damage over time. The warrior would be able to hold aggro on a mob better as the fight continues whereas a SK and a Pally can cast on it to get aggro alot easier especially early in the fight. But in my opinion SKs are the aggro king. :):D:D

Aldurian Leecharoo

Shadowknight of the 52nd season... (still!!)

Archived