Guild News

aaeodar

ok today was some what productive :blink: . Soltek, Zannett, Fappas, Framir, Makkuni , and I Killed the Dark Elf Corruptor and Got the Tome for Framir Epic Drop , Fappas Died :( Helping but over all the mini raide was success . we was Unable to start Zannetts Epic to Day :blink: cuz of some camping the Mob but we can try again , and any one going thru LR Plz check to see if the camp is open and let an officer know , it would be much help , as Galdin stated If you wish to Start Your Epic Let an officer Know or Him and we can see what we can do to help ya out . Thanks for you time ,

First off with the positive: grats on dropping the Corruptor, its good to see more guildies dropping big baddies and such.

Second with the negative: I realize that I'm pretty much powerless in the guild structure (so far) but these boards allow me to vent something anyhow so take it or leave it :blink: When I read the MOTD yesterday I was pretty shocked at the fact that we want to use epic raid nights to start peoples epics who havent done anything yet (which was only confirmed by the lower portion of the previous posting). If we have like several people that are so close that they can smell their epics (ESPECIALLY 2 CLERICS THAT ARE WELL ON THE WAY) why are we starting more before we finish those?? This seemed pretty absurd to me that well only have a greater quantity of semi-epic'd people rather than the ability to boast epics. From my experiences in other guilds, we always made a concerted effort to finish what we started before starting more (especially considering most epics require a lot of self running around and easy group kills to launch em rather than full military raids) to avoid clutter and disorganization between the ranks. In trying to think of raids to do for this guild, all I have been focussing on is who is near their epics and where we can lead them to finish. Anyhow, thats about all I have to say and I hope someone reads this despite my stature and newness to guild and hopefully considers what I've said before we continue.

Valetorix "I've said my peace" Lyonsbane

Warrior Troubleshooter of the 52nd Key

ADDNEDUM

Sorry, that all being said, we have such potential as a guild to go tier or to do whatever we want! Weve got a gl whos bending over backwards when not working 87 hour weeks, weve got one of the best pullers Ive ever teamed with in the game, we're getting more chanters by the day and the ones weve got are pure quality, weve got more shammies and clerics then I've ever seen in a single guild (although DE was probably about 70 percent shammies and 1 percent cleric :blink:), enough high quality druids to probably quad kite any zone into destruction (despite their constantly insulting me...) and enough melee/damage dealers to probably maul through anything in the eqniverse (hopefully eqniverse is an acceptable phrase). SLoT has it all and has the foundation for the future, it just has to appropriate time to the positives rather than further confusing matters.

And that is all I have to say about that...

I agree with you, Valetorix. Last night a new epic was started (which is not a bad thing, since everyone deserves his or her epic), but when it was asked that if anyone has not started their epic, a bunch of people who had started said where they stood. A bunch of the people where at tricky spots, which DO require guild help. Many of the earlier quests can be done with just a small group, and don't even require high levels. However, I was very surprised that Leanessa said that all she had left was the Chardok King and Ragefire. What are we waiting for?! We should get her her epic as soon as possible rather than start new quests. Also Fappas (I think) said he was very close to getting his epic as well. These people have already put a great amount of time into their epics and deserve to have their epics finished. The guild will also prosper from their epics by gaining knowledge of procedure in large raids (preparing for bigger and better things), nice loot from epic mobs (Ragefire!), higher status among other guilds, and a closer bond knowing that MY guild helped me get my epic. I'm not really sure how organized this is, but Valetorix inspired me to rant, and ranting is what I do.

While I'm at it, I may as well state how I feel about the new loot system. Galdin, Mcmikahl and Nurlaten sort of know how I feel about this, but I'd still like to post it for others. The way I understand it is that for every raid a person attends, he or she receives points on account of promptness and what they do during the raid. This is fine, since it promotes guild raids.. but what about the lower levels in the guild? Many members of the guild seem to be lower lvl (lower than 55), which means that if the raids are targeted towards the lower levels, the higher levels miss out and vice versa. If the raids are all set for the higher levels to attend, then will the lower levels miss out on the points and then miss out on loot? It is true that many of the lower levels are alternates, but a bunch are also mains and should also get a fair chance in everything. I have never seen this style of looting succeed and hope that something can be worked out by listening to what the rest of the guild members have to say.

Well, thanks Valetorix for inspiring me and making me late for class :blink: If something needs clarification, please contact me in game or post on this board. I know I'm new to the guild, but I still have experience in upper-level guilds and hope that my opinions are at least considered.

On the heels of Alts post (if I can add my 2cps on loot :blink:) the way that I've seen looting work is where some caster is appointed ML on the raids and everything is picked up by them. Then, if anyone on the raid needs it the item is rolled for (or as Ive seen work in this guild, given to those who need the item the most) and otherwise sold off in the market for peridots or whatever expensive gems are needed, that way the guild bank becomes pretty much solid pp which can be used for anything needed (ie peridots). The Kael raid I was on seemed pretty effective in terms of loot, but I guess that was before this point system...

Anyhow, since I didnt want to add another addendum, thats it for me again. And like ALt, if anyone wants to yell, scratch, ask, bite, stab, skewer, laugh et cetera at me, then feel free to post it up or send me tells in game, I'm always more than happy for a little chat :blink:

Valetorix Lyonsbane

See above for the Important stuff...

Ok, I am going to keep it short and sweet.

First off, I would like to say a big WAY TO GO to Fappas. :blink:

Second, I feel that everyone should start on their epic whenever they want, since alot of it doesnt require an army to do. I feel however, that finishing those who are close to the end of their epics should be a first and formost. Especially when in fact that Leanessa is so close.

Third, I don't agree with the looting point system. The Kael raid system was alot better mainly because armor just go passed down and down and down. Alot more people gets better equipment. This also helps out those who just never wins any ROLLS! (ME!!!! :blink: )

Lets hear what everyone has to say!!!!

Eventhough not my place if you wish to discuss loot system please start a new forum, this forum was posted for guild news not discussion of a controversial topic. Going to start new forum now, so any feelings towards this please post there

Topic will be place in EQ discussion

Archived