KEI = Researchable

Rumblebore

KEI is now researchable.

I am copying this info from allak's site, under koadic's Endless Intellect:

Purchase the Yaeth's Compendium books from the assistant over in Gunthak to find out.  It is a series of 5 books with the recipes for all the enchanter spells from 51-60 that drop in Kunark, Velious and Luclin.

To answer your question, though, KEI is formed from the left and righthand pieces of Yaeth's Compendium pg 25. Combine them in your Phantasmist's Tome, which you get from the researcher over in Gunthak. It is an 8 slot book.

(No, your Tome of Endless Enchantments won't allow for the combine, so yes, it did lie in regards to the name "Tome of ENDLESS Enchantments".)

Karuune Bogglesworth

56th Beguiler

---------------------------------

Hmm... kind of odd... In the book, it says take Pg 25 (Both pieces) & Pg 26 (Both pieces) to fashion the spell. Which one is correct or are they just 2 different combines that yield the same item? Prices on Xev are 25k+, so It might be easier for me to train in research, then fashion it. K THX LA~

[50 Enchanter] Nindail Charmbinder

[29 Beastlord] Nexcat Portalclaw

Xev

So with that info, and a chanter whos research is up, those pages are now worth a lot to us.

As word comes out about where these drop (probably higher Luclin zones, but LoY has added to old Antonica zones too) we will definitely want to try for those drops, rather than pay the 30-60k pp for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I was down on the Freeport docks and saw someone with the title of Cartographer.

Here is the text:

You say, 'Hail, Cartographer Piri'

Cartographer Piri says 'Hail, traveler!  Would you have a moment?  I'm in need of some assistance.  [yes]'

You say, 'yes'

Cartographer Piri says 'Thank you!  I'll make it worth your while.  I recently discovered the remains of an odd little map that may detail the distant Gulf of Gunthak.  The map itself, however, is in a horrible state. . .a suspiciously horrible state if you ask me.  Much of it is [missing].'

You say, 'what is missing'

Cartographer Piri says 'The pirates of Broken Skull Rock have purposefully destroyed any accurate maps to protect the secrecy of their base.  Three key parts are damaged.  The compass notation, the legend and the coordinate label are all gone.  Take this Cartography Binder.  Use it to [collect] the fragments.'

You say, 'where do I collect them'

Cartographer Piri says 'No doubt the pirates will have some of the fragments.  Search Broken Skull Rock, paying careful attention to Gunthak and Dulak Harbor.  An accurate map must be made.  It is the first step in breaking the pirates' hold on the region.  Good luck.'

What this means (I Think) is that we can get a complete map of the zone by doing this Quest. I recall a raid this last week where I saw 2 of these items drop. So, as these items become available, hang onto them and lets see what we get from it.

I will ask a friend of mine were the pieces drop, he has made the combine several times over the past few weeks.

He had told me and Aaeo about it a few days ago and also said that most times you can buy the page pieces in bazaar for rather cheap, 30 to 50 P, this is different server prices however so not sure what they would be on ours

yeah and the pages needed can be bought cheap till peopl start to figure out what its for. so me and hinil will try to get the infor and hinil or me will post the pages needed to make the scroll . and hopefuly we can get a few made without haveing to spend alot of Plat .

I currently have page 26, the right side. I have purchased the compendium and read it - 4 pages are needed, not just 2. Page 25 Left and Right, and page 26 Left and Right. So I have only 25% of what we need. These items have sold for 7500 in bazaar - ideally we want to pay less but the market for these will be hot and people will pay this price at the beginning.

We need to find out where these pages drop. Any reliable info will be appreciated.

I also know an enchanter who may have the skill in Research to combine for me. The offer was made to combine for free.

It is intended that this scroll become a guild item.

hinil,pls find out what is meant by "high lvl zone",is ME high lvl?UP i am sure is...kael?this scroll Will be very important to the guild in the near future...also like to point out that daulton is very close to 60 (aego!) and i have seen lean has been putting some time in PoI and PoN,so barring mishaps,she will be closing in on 60 also...(can i say WOOT!)to me,is a toss up which keeps me alive better,hehe,cleric with aego (in the lead) or a cleric with aego (not far behind,much less buffing going on,assuming it saves mana).in either casse,both are very big steps for the guild...

I read somewhere that research items drop from mobs 1 to 4 levels higher than the spell level. So a word or page for a level 60 spell would drop from a level 61 to level 64 NPC.

I read it on the Internet... So it must be true :)

Gratz to Daulton on 60! Lets focus some of our energies on getting the necessary parts to BoA (Blessing of Aegolism) so that Daulton can Group Aego (especially helpful in raids, and very mana efficient).

I have the list of components, but any of these can be looked up on www.eqtraders.com

Shan

We got a yeath's compendium page yesterday in chardok (#65, i think). It wasn't the kei page, it's needed for leviatate and theft of thought. Also got a rune and a couple other of the new spell components. I talked with rebma about the pages, she is a very high skill researcher and would make a great person to train for combines.

I'm not exactly sure how the new research works, i know a chanter can make thier spells and the priest spells, but i'm not sure if they can also make the other int casters spells. It would be nice to have a person with high skill in research regardless and i think rebma is an excellent choice.

Archived