Guild Scavenger Hunt 3/22/03

Lotara

Some time ago I said something about a Scavenger Hunt (SH). Well it is time to put words into action so I have picked a date March 22, 2003. I will be putting the rules here (to be fair to all since we will be handing out Guild prizes to the winners); more information; and also what help I/we will need. Rumblebore and Mcmikahl are helping me as the SH Management Team.

Basically to start you will need to register here and say you will attend prior to Midnight (EST or 9 pm PST) on Thursday, March 20 if you wish to attend. The teams will be prearranged prior to the start of the SH and late shows will get in only if there is space within the existing teams. If you cannot make it after you have submitted your registration that will not be a problem just let me know.

Teams of six will be composed of a preselected leader and 5 other players of various levels and classes (and hopefully races). The idea of this first SH is to get people to work with others of different levels and classes. Other SH will be attempted later with themes. The Theme of this one is Team Building (and fun).

As we gather at the gathering site (TBD) the Leaders will get a list of the names of the people on their team. As People arrive (hopefull 30 min before the START TIME) the Leaders will invite their team members. Raid format will be used so everyone can see what is going on. A List will be provided to each team (all will be the same). And the signal "START" each team will plan and carry out a scavenger hunt to find out those things on the list. Since not all players have all expansions the area for this first hunt will be Antonica, Odus and Faydwer continents. Since every team will have someone that has POP the books can be used. Teams do not have to stay together. The start time and end time are still TBD. Before the END time all teams must regroup and be at the gathering site (TBD - same as above). Penalties will be administered for groups coming in late and for any missing players. So if you start the SH you must finish it or your team gets a penalty. If any one dies in your group, the group will get a penalty even if that person is Rezzed. So you older players must help the younger players in tough zones. Once you check in at the end of the SH you may leave or stick around for the SH Management Team to go through the lists and the penalties and declare the winners. Prizes will be award then. If you cannot stay you will get your prize later.

OK now I am looking for feedback.

1. What is a good START time, how long should we play and what is a good END time?

2. Where is a good gathering area for all classes both good and evil and where there is not too much zone talking going on - other than the LR Arena?

3. Some of the things on the list will include foraged items, crafted items, hunted items, etc. I am looking for some items for the level 50s and 60s on these three continents. Please help me with suggestions. Name of item, where found, and other information such as skill level required. This information might be best be given to me in a tell in the game. Or to Rumblebore or Mcmikahl in tell in game.

4. Other feedback that occurs to you now that I can help answer. I would like to have all questions (at least most of them) answered by the week before the SH.

I expect everyone to be early to this so we can start the SH at the time stated. You will need to find your own transportation to the Gathering site.

Well as I said this forum is for guild chat. So I will be posting more information here as we develop it. I hope that this will be a fun activity for the Guild and that we will do many more of them.

Zannette (somehow I cannot enter here under Zann so I must continue to use Lotara's name)

Just to suggest place to meet that everyone will know well and can get to with equal ease would be the EC tunnel at one of the torches. Everyone knows where they are and traveling to the EC cave is about equal since theres no book in ec and anyone without the expansions can thumb a ride to WC or something like that.

Oh, and if I do sign up, I WILL win, the birthday gods will be on my side :)

Valetorix "I'm too sexy for this shirt" Lyonsbane

Warizzle of the 51st Island Colony to the Left

I won't be able to attend.. my spring break starts on the 21st of March and I don't think I'll be lugging this big ol' computer home for just a week.. and my dad deleted EQ off our computer at home (well, not intentionally, but... yeah...) and it's just too slow to handle the new graphics (PoP). Anyway, if another SH were to happen at another time, then count me in!

Hinil,

I take that as a direct challenge and if the time is amenable I will be there with bells on (and maybe a puffy hat as well). You know, I'm a model if you know what I mean, as I do my little turn on the catwalk, on the catwalk, yeah on the catwalk, as I shake my little tush on the catwalk.

Valetorix "You think you're too cool for school Hinil, but I got something to tell you...You're not" Lyonsbane

Chanel Warrior Number 51

I feel like I should say something to what you just said, Vale, but I'm not sure ever where to begin... but at least you did add some excitement to this dull, rainy, gross morning. :D:(:D:):axe:

P.S. - these smilies are pretty fun, too :)

Unfortunatly i won't be able to attend either, like alta i'll be on spring break. It looks like a lot of fun and i wish i could be there.

One thing that i've noticed while reading this is that you said nothing will be in pop because people might not have it, yet you are doing the SH in /raid format. :D Most guildees have pop, but you are on both sides on the fence, gotta pick one side.

I don't see why either hinil or vale wants to be an 1980's one hit wonder, but i'll leave you barbarians to your simple games. :)

1980s!!!! COMEON PEOPLE!! Right Said Fred was a 90s pop icon and Nurlaten is boiling them down to trivial 80's rock... Could we reschedule this thing after March Break (for you kinder who dont have sophisticated Reading Weeks) so I can destroy Nurlaten too? How dare he insult Right Said Fred! How dare he take that kind of jab at a fluffy warriors honor!? How dare you suggest that a band like Right Said Fred be as trivial as say A FLock of Seaguls or Culture Club or even Afrikka Bambata and the Soulsonic Force?!

Mark my words Nurlaten, Valetorix is enraged and ready to hunt down your scrawny, poor music appreciatiating druid fear-kiting butt in whatever SH ANYTIME ANYPLACE BRUTHAHHH!!! You can port? It doesnt matter. You can SoW? It doesnt matter. You can play Fur Elise with one hand tied behind your back while balancing a brown bear on the tip of your nose? IT DOESNT MATTER!!

Love, Luck and Lollypops,

Valetorix "WHATCHA GONNA DO, WHEN BIG BLUE...RUNS WILD...ON YOUUUUUUUUUUU" Lyonsbane

Warizzle of the 51st Day of Christmas

PS: http://www.rightsaidfred.com/index.php?pag...dex.php&style=4

Do you like apples Nurlaten?

I remember Right Said Fred!, but they were too buff, too 90's for me. I liked my men to have a softer side, wavy hair, a lilt in their voices, basically gay but still in love with women! In my heyday, these guys were a scream...

http://www3.gateway.ne.jp/~wildcat/engindex.htm

Unfortunately, I can't Find a Perfect Way to make both RL commitments on a Saturday and attend your Scavenger Hunt. Hope everyone has fun.

Also check out this dream ----> http://www.howardjones.com/HoJo/home.html

p.s. Be sure to bookmark! That way you know what your love is always doing. I can look at the menu AND I can eat!

This topic has gotten off track. So back to the Scavenger Hunt.

The date will stay the same. March 22, 2003. The time will be 12 noon pst or 3 pm est. It will last for approximately three hours. This depends on how many people register on line and if we have the teams predetermind before hand or if we need to add people and or teams at the last minute.

There will alway be something to interfer with an activity, I am hoping this will be the first of many. Have not heard too much input tho.

What I need help with is a list of items for the scavenger hunt. Especially in the 50s and 60s range. Since I am not that high, what would be good items that are Dropped, Foraged, Killed, Fished, etc at the higher levels? Keeping in mind they have to be found in the original Norrath (Odus, Antonica and Faydwer).

Also how many people are thinking of attending. Nur brought up a good point not all will have POP so we will not be in raid format. I think I have a solution tho.

We will be meeting in the side room (by the vendors) in the East Commons Tunnel (or the N Ro Tunnel).

My Email is Ladybug@qnet.com

Regards, Lotara and Zannette

OK, OK, OK after much arm twisting we have decided to change the date to March 29 at Noon pst, 2 cst, or 3 est. I know that this is the end of spring break, but after that, the weekends get crowded for me what with Palm Sunday, Easter Sunday, Sunrise Service, etc (because of Choir Practice, etc.).

Zannette

Archived