Earth and Beyond

kentaro

There is a new game on the horizon. Its Earth and Beyond. its a role play game, where you have a whole online galaxy.. you have a space ship, and you get better and better weapons, etc.. Looks rather entertaining.. Will PGoH go into space??

P.S how do I add those cool pictures..:idea:

Earth and Beyond is the new baby for guess what parent company? Take a guess. You got it! Our very own EA. Rumor has it that's why UO2 was cut and why we're struggling to survive in UO. They are putting their energy in Earth and Beyond and other projects.

Not real sure what that means for the game, but it'll be our old familiar EA holding the purse strings.

Well its pretty clear EA is trying to cover multiple markets within online gaming.  Verant will release Star Wars Galaxies soon and EA needs something to compete.  Rather than get one project right I see where EA is going.  They are going to create another project so that there can be multiple half ass products floating around.  I just don't get the geniuses running things there.  Id rather play something that runs...isnt that the whole point????

EA I have news for you...Galaxies is gonna eat up and spit out your new little project.  Lets face it why be whatever you can be in galaxies when there is a whole galaxy of options available from Verant's new game.  Galaxies which many are already familiar with through the silver screen.  Galaxies which have garnered the wonder and love of hundreds of millions of fans across the world.  Is EA's marketing machine so powerful they can overcome the mere words Star Wars?  From every step I've seen em take trying to run UO into the ground I'd have to say the answer, and the proof of fact behind that answer, is a resounding no .  Perhaps someday the guys calling the shots will realize customers really want something that works as is advertised and once you have one product that can do that its easy to adapt and create others off that which youve already created.