Some Items

Borg

Okees.......

I will address some current questions and restate some old reasonings that are not fully understood by our newer members.

Dress Code......easy issue to clear up questions on.

Q) Why do we wear purple and why is it this darker plum shade?

A) Purple is the color that was generated from the 3 colors of the original founders as well as the color of HONOR.  The shade of purple was chosen by the membership through a poll vote when we were continually being tagged as part of our great ally guild GoL.  While in events combined over the years it was an oversight that members of PGoH would receive no note or acknowlegment from the realm and OSI for their participation....only references were to the larger GoL.   While this in no means was a complaint toward GoL....we together have lead Catskills events since the very first one EVER on Catskills and we will continue to do so in the future.  It is important though that the differences in the two guilds are visual as well as operational.  PGoH is a roleplaying guild first and game guild second while GoL is a game guild first and roleplaying guild second.  The Honor Empire is our game guild (host website larger issue)

The shade of Purple was designated by its membership and I have no difficulties in renewing this vote again......I just ask you to think of "when will we have a color that will be as permanent a symbol as the GoL color is to thier great guild?"

Consistency is very important in visual recognition....we need to improve on this area.

Consistency is also a strong part of roleplaying and membership within the Empire.  Dress code is visual means to help each other recognize and react appropriately to others roles and activities.  The most important area of this code is within the Legion ranks.  Within the Codex are descriptions of the 2 forms of dress for Legion units (Ceremonial and Regular)as well as notes about non Legion units.

Q) Why do we have to wear the half apron?

A) Again this is an example of refrence to our origin and beginnings......only Balandar (4th member after the 3 founders) was not a smith....and the 5th, Rattlehead was Catskills first ever Grandmaster smith and miner.  

At this point there seems to be a small confusion......while the guild began as 3 tradesmen then a mage and then a GM Smith....it is MUCH MUCH MUCH more than just a trades guild now.  PGoH is structured and branched with options for virtually every role imaginable and to be easily a complete autonomous living breathing entity/civilization/city/empire.  The foundation of all great empires is the supply of the defensive capability of the Empire....growth is controlled and planned and prepared for.......at its base of support is Trades and resource managment.

The apron is the visual representation that we all are part of that support........supporting each other at the foundation.

Citizens......(Non Legion units)

-----cut from Codex-------

Paragraph vi

A citizen wears a white shirt, black pants, black thigh boots, leather gloves, purple apron, purple sash, and a tool of the represented house.

-------

Now the key in the above is apron/sash.......common sence dictates that is your a cook.....there are not many things you can carry around to show that your a cook.  Again though these attire ideas came from the decisions of the Senators long ago....having the rule of apron being the one requirement.

Within the Legion ranks.......the cohort attire was determined by the Senator of War, myself, Magistrate Balandar, Greg and SerBrightblade.  In discussions with the Centurions at the time the color codes and Ceremonial lists were developed.  Where there is a dex issue or practicality issue the development of dyable leathers has helped improve this.

Quite honestly all of the effort in Dress listings was brought about in full furry after several Shardic events were PGoH looked like the patchwork quilt of 1000s handmedowns.  Members complained there was no unity to go along with our existing structure definitions.......so it was developed.

Here is a pick from years ago of the Legion suited up as Gladiators for an entry to an OSI contest for advertising.

LEGION%20Might.JPG

Also you can see the Early versions of the Cavalry in the Gallary (on top of Lord British's Castle) LegionMounted.jpg

and here is a part of the most recent mega shard event......also depicted in our gallery

Pep%20Talk%20before%20Battle.JPG

The consistancy of the allie guilds was impressive on the East side of the image.....all the same suits.  GoL at the south all had at least the same cloaks.......throughout though this whole event the PGoH members were sought and it was difficult to see which was which.

I hope the above helps clear up why we wear purple and why we strive to be consistent in dress attires ingame for roleplaying purposes.    

PGoH is a shard leader.

We lead by collective good of the many acting as one....looking the part is important as well to those that do not know the history and lore.  

OKees 2.....

Hierarchy and areas of support.

There are 4 major sections of PGoH and imagine they are the 4 points of a dial (12oclock, 9oclock, 3oclock and 6oclock)

Olympus

Legion

Senate

State

No matter which way you turn the dial....one is the foundation for the top one and the other two support its flanks. All revolving around HONOR Virtue.

In decisions.........the Senators are the citizens voice for decisions and changes.  The Council of Honor which is made up of Senators, State and Olympus Leaders collectively sort through issues and make changes or declarations as deemed necessary by the collective Council.  The Emperor (me) is the tiebreaker vote or veto maker.  The Praetorian Prefect is the standing "police" or enforcer of the Codex.....visualize the movie Gladiator (which heheh came out after we did har har), the Praetorians were the lawbringers and whether directed by the Emperor or asked for by the Senate....they would act to maintain the existing Codex to the letter...no discussions.  They are not diplomats or polititians......they are the worst thing to deal with if you are wanting change to occur....it will not happen through them ever.  Only through Senators, Governors and the Council as a whole will such change.  REALIZE again....we are VERY careful to change things for over 5 and nearly 6 years we have run into many issues.....on the Council now you all should realize you have a combined 43 yrs of UO ingame roleplaying experience...NO GUILD has more experience in leadership or working with UO/OSI/EA in this online game experience.   Have confidence and trust your Senators.......they are quite honestly no longer playing UO but helping run UO as an entertainment event for members of PGoH and Catskills.  They have committed to you to help guide the guild in the direction that will gain the membership the greatest opportunity for adventure, reward and FUN.

Senators are not "me" personalities......they are "we" and "you" personalities we....and I personally am honestly privileged to work with and in a way lucky to have met.  Magistrates/Ancients/Praetorians are in the same mold.

The system is built to support the growth of UO and the guild....change is not a bad thing but it always needs perspective.  That perspective quite honestly cannot be seen by one or by all.........else some things would not be surprises now would they? (small evil snicker)

Now with that.....within the Legion specifically.....discipline and commitment to roles/ranks is critical.  Bottom line guys and gals........Legionnaires are at the bottom.......Senator of War is at the top.

Senator of War

Imperator

Centurions

Phalynx

Knight

Squire

Legionnaire

The bulk of the guild and honestly FUN role is in the Knight role.....easy life....support and combat with adventure and such....that is where everyone should strive to be....those that excell in coordination of events and leadership ability in all roleplaying will find themselves moving higher into Phalynx and Centurions over time.  

In this simple hierarchy......if one higher than you is running an event......follow the event orders.  If you are in a meeting and disputes erupt.......same thing follows.  We all were Legionnaires once........all of us. (yes I have alternates too ya know)  heheh did I like being the front line facing the wave of Junars Undead? #### STRAIGHT I DID!!!!  did I die? yup....did I lose all my possessions?  yup  During the Orc Wars did I get my arse handed to me more than once? of course I did......I am the best faceplanter in the universe!!!  I did my part for the event the best I could....and in the end I had a ball win or lose.

I remember one example a few yrs back.....Marcos the Black was the Decurion and he was taking us Legionnaires and Squires to Shame......where he wanted us to learn to melee a Kracken.  One Legionnaire disagreed......and began to argue with him....needless to say he quit the guild during the event........the rest of us did nothing but follow orders.  We won easily....and guess who we found dead to a Kracken a few hrs later?  Teamwork and following the role for the event was key.......

This brings me to a EXTREMELY SERIOUS and FINE LINE EXPLAINATION of an URGENCY I truely pray you will understand.......

Malas is designed to defeat individuals.

PGoH is the BEST teamwork (large scale) guild ever and designed to counter Evil masses.

For lack of a better description....the Malas UBER monsters will be devastating........until the NEW ARMORS and NEW RESISTANCES are gained.  We will be at a dissadvantage at the outset.......together though we can succeed at gaining the items and defensive needs that will bring us....US AND YOU INDIVIDUALLY up to par with these UBER Evils.

Parties of adventurers will need a good mix of units to push deep into the places the Uberstuffs will be.

Gathering current natural resources is something to do NOW not after AoS opens.......why? heheh cause we all will want to be adventuring together ehhehe and we will need supplies to refit us and our defenses.

Your faith and trust in each other will keep you alive and marching toward victory.

Like the old days of 1998 with the Orcs and Undead leading the roleplaying community......consistently facing adversity and foes armed greater or defended more...they plowed their way to greatness and glory.  Even evil has its HONOR.

The Army of the Sands is there waiting for us.......well defended and on thier ground they will fight to the bitter end.

That is your evil in Malas.......it comes directly from YOUR PGoH storyline history....embrace the horror of War that is to be.......but realize you must you go into this War in the role of a Shard leader......no matter what role you fill....you are leading the roleplaying community....fill your role with HONOR.

Who knows who we will find in the future on the pathways we march.

FOR HONOR AND EMPIRE!!!

This post has been a pleasure to read Sire! Thank you for clarifying the things that have belaguerd us lately. I trust after everyone else reads this we can move on in a positive light and get the Empire back on track to where we were heading before ... to Honor and Glory!

With the onset of Malas, we have much work to be done, as well as MUCh fun to be had. However, as out Emporor pointed out, the greatest deeds will require the work of a 'well-oiled' machine! Now, while we havent seen this recently, I've personally seen us do GREAT things time and time again when everyone follows orders and works towards a common goal, not an individual goal. Remember when we won more than lost against the Shadow Wyrms? Remember when we won much more than lost against the Ancient Wyrms (on many occasions). Remember when we pounded Juka scum all over Trinsic on an almost nightly basis for a month straight?

I know what the Empire can accomplish and there is absolutely NO reason we cannot get there! Let us all start striving to that goal. I have already pledged to do my part and as this week unfolds I will begin doing what I can. Will you? If you do, we ALL succeed with HONOR !

Borg and all,

I have been playing UO for years now, hehe, I'm an oldie like the rest.

I remember, 3 or 4 years ago, when I first really got into role playing, no matter where I went in Trinsic... I saw PGoH.  The Bank, the Keg and Anchor.  If it wasnt PGoH it was Tri and their Paladins.

I played alongside PGoH and Tri and learned how to rp from just hanging out with them (it wanst until this year I finally JOINED PGoH).  The sheer number of PGoH and the fact of the unity the showed, pulled me to get to know these people.

Such people as Ser, Wolf, Balthazar, Borg, Gregg (who is now gone *sigh*) and so many others, inspired me to RP and to play.  

SOme of the greatest examples of the might of PGoH were during the battles against Juo'naur.  At that time I was Strider (my main char) in a guild called the Ainur, *A*.

Most of you knew me as Strider of the Alliance.  ANd I remember the countless hours of fun I had dying alongside, rping alongside,  complaining about Lady Eve alongside (hehe)  PGoH.

I am confident that we can return to the state I once saw and loved.  Just watching you guys was worth it.  Ahhhh., the many hours on the roof of the Trinsic Bank.

SO!  Let us bring back the old ways, fall in line, and have fun!

Thank you again Borg for all your hard work and this great post.

I look forward to my continued time with the Empire.

Your friend,

Maskan Quarlani, Legionnaire. PGoH

Strider, Ancient Elder of Wind, Wnd.

Frumprod, the Ekirh.  Excavator. PGoH.

Thorin Oakshield.  (retired General of the Crimson Knights, and General for Crimson Alliance.)

Wow!  Thanks for posting some of those old paintings Borg!  I remember many of those events and I sure do look young!   :alcoholic:

In fact,  how about occasionaly posting some of the old scrolls/paintins of the guild, Borg?

And STRIDER!  I didn't realize that was you!   Haven't seen you in AGES my friend!   Glad to see you now as part of PGoH!

Doesn't seeing those pics just stir the emotions for what once was and can be again.  Thanks for the post Borg.

Yeah....

#### I was pimpin'

Just with that first shot didnt have my large staff in the way *grins*

Anyway thanks for the post Borg.  I hope people understand, after reading it, that its not that we dont want to do things the way people suggest but weve often been down those roads and seen the failures.  Unlike many leaders we try to remember the past so we aren't doomed to repeat it.