Flags = Keys

Lolanya1

PoP has it's flags which allows you to travel further into the storyline of the expansion.  Similarly, the rest of the world (and moon) has keys to allow us to travel to heretofore unexplored territory.

Next to epics in importance, I believe that getting members keyed for specific zones (or floors in some cases) is essential to our attaining our year-end goals.  

I propose working on keys to the following areas for all members level 40 and above: Old Sebilis, Charasis, ToFS.  Additionally, keys for members level 58+ to Kerafym's Lair (formerly Sleeper's Tomb) and Veeshan's Peak are desirable.

Shards and orbs for the Vex Thal key and parts needed for the Emperor key are out-of-reach at this time and involve considerable playing time and farming, as well as the opportunity to camp these spawns.  This may be extremely difficult at best due to the backlog of ubers attempting to complete the quests.

To these ends, I further propose: A) that we begin a quest to attain Halls of Testing capable groups by year's end B) that we maintain a "Kill Sheet" of those mobs we must make dead as soon as they respawn C) that we work together as a team to promote the growth of the individual in terms of what they can provide to the whole (epics, better armor, better weapons, etc.)  D) that we adopt a guild-first mentality in all that we do (this may be most difficult to break from past bad habits - if a rez is needed for example in Velketor's and a cleric is available in LGuk.  Immediacy is not the concern, rather concern is the concern.  Make the effort to help out, but don't expect another to attend to your needs.)

Look these over.  Comment as desired.  I, for one, will be pushing the limits of what my character can do.  

Good luck in 2003!

Netanyahoo

Deathbringer of the 39th cycle

Karana, Lord of Storms

that sounds so cool, doesn't it?  I'm a bad-ass tank now, hehe.

New keys!!!!!!

Currently in the process of collecting several items for the Bastion of Thunder and Plane of Tactics (Drunder, Fortress of Zek) which are both still considered Tier 2 planes.  

The BoT quest involves killing giants, which some of you are quite good at.  The idea is to get a piece from each of the 3 tribes of giants in the area.  Bone from the desert giants, sash from the forest giants, and beard from the ocean giants.  You are then tasked by the quest-giver to acquire 2 medallions that drop off huge named giants in all 3 camps.  Each named drops 3 medallions, you need two, but they must be from different named giants.  So in killing two named, you would end up getting either 3 people keyed for BoT or 6 people would be halfway there.

The Plane of Storms version of the Plane of Tactics key quest involves killing ogre-like men who randomly drop a no-drop medallion (you need 4 to get the key).  And that is it on that.

Giants in PoS offer up to 3% AA exp per kill.  That is with a single full group.  They do hit for up to 700 or so though (Desert only)!  OUCH!  And Rampage!  And Summon!  They conned Yellow to me at level 61.

The Daiku's (for the Tactics quest) are uncommon at best, were DB at 61, hit for 350 to 397 max, and enrage (as do most other PoP mobs.  They didn't always drop a medallion.  As a matter of fact, they often don't have much on em at all!  But killing 3 of em got me 1 full blue of AA at level 61 (going 100% to AA).

Quest smarter, not harder!

Baldy

• 5 weeks later...

I will be on Thursday night Feb 13 and would like to get in on a group for Seb key , foragers and hunters should be no problem for a 40's grp. See you there. A tracker to pull in the foragers and hunters would be very helpfull. Any rangers avialable?

• 2 months later...

I was at the Everquestlive website when I saw this:

3)      Planar Progression.

Planes of Power has provided us with valuable insight into the group and guild dynamics that are involved in large scale games.  The way that we had expected guilds to advance through the story of Planes of Power has become a roadblock for some guilds, and some members have fallen behind and found it difficult to catch up.  Obviously this was not our intention.  We want players to play with their friends and guild mates.

To correct this issue, we will be removing the flag requirements for entry into the following Planes of Power zones:

Bastion of Thunder

Plane of Tactics

Halls of Honor

Plane of Nightmare

Plane of Storms

Plane of Torment

Plane of Valor

Crypt of Decay

This will make the majority of Planes of Power zones available to everyone, and should allow most guilds to travel and adventure together.  We understand that those that have already earned the entry flags for these zones have put some effort into that accomplishment.  We will be giving a reward to those that have done so,  though you'll have to wait to see what that reward is.

This is supposed to happen sometime in the next month or so.

Here is the complete post.

This subject is an interesting one in the EQ community right now. All the flagged people are pissed and the unflagged are excited. Apparently it's just something they are thinking about and it isn't definatly going to happen, but it would be nice since the majority of slot is not flagged.

Lucid Shard: Need 1 from each of 10 zones combined in Shadowed Scepter Frame, which you get in Akheva. This becomes a 2-slot container after the combine in which you need a Glowing Orb of Luclinite (dropped off mini-bosses in Luclin), a Rift (which drops off moobs that spawn after Emperor Ssraeshza is killed). This gets you into Vex Thall.

Takes between 2 and 6 months to complete the process.

Have fun :D

Shan

p.s. Baldaek has now 4 shards and 1 part of the Emperor key needed to get into Emperor Ssraeshza's chamber

Ring of the Shissar - Key to Emperor's Chamber

The Emperor himself

I heard this was going to happen Wednesday.  Is that no longer true?

It isn't going to happen wed, it was put out as an idea that is in the works sometime in the future (next 3 months). And boy has it seen some opposition, go to the innoruuk.com website and check out the rants section, wow, it's crazy to see how upset people are getting.

Darn if only I could remember where I got that lucid shard from.... I thought it was PoD, but I guess not if it has to be a Luclin zone. Oh well, looks like I have plenty of time :D

The word is that this will happen. It is also strongly rumored that while these zones will open to all the quests in those zones will not function unless you are flagged. Moreover it is also said that should one to progress to the more difficult planar zones you will need to have the flag from the prior zone so that you may obtain the next flag and so on.....

So while zones would be opened the really good stuff will still be well out of reach of the casual player who will not take the time to complete the quests to get flagged for zones.

However, after exping in these zones for a few months, even lowly me (at 52) can expect to get to 61+ with a few AA's and will have a shot at killing Grummus or Aerin Dar or completing the executioners trial. This will be good, when it happens, I think.

Archived