qque's corner

qque

Qque is not unhappy persay.  Qque is a #####y old man (just look at all his grey).  Qque DOES NOT plan on leaving.  I  feel a great bond to this guild and several of its members.  I have spent the time to get my brother and my brother in law in this guild.  I have RL friends in this guild.  I have grown quite fond of eldoran and rumblebore (although i anger them often). Several officers i have not spent much time with.  one reason is lvl difference.  I dont mind being used and abused on raids, but my free time i spend with other people and getting lvls to be more useful on these raids.  I have heard reference to me not grouping with guild mates.  To this i reply,  ask the guild how many lvl 50-55 have learned the planes with me.  I dont seek out any one particular to go with i just find the ones willing to learn.  I teach them how the shaman spells work the agro and it shows on the raids.  Lilor now knows that if i cast slow on a mob i moved my self way above him on agro list and he needs to taudnt bash kick his arse off.  i dont make these sessions widley known to other cause then i get 30 tells upon logging on asking to grp with me in planes.  I DO NOT like to go on multi groups events with these people.  The raid is bungled everytime they do that. So i keep the events quiet and to those that have nothing better going on.  So far i have taken 5 different people with me and they have learned several things including patience.  

Back on the subject....

Qque is not leaving.  I have considered.  It will take a very very harsh situation for me to leave.

I love you guys..... now get off my bud lite

I have to say something, hopefully positive.

I have always liked Qque.  I have understood perfectly well why Qque is not always present in regular Guild groupings, and there have been very few times I have grouped with Qque on an XP gathering basis, mainly because we have always been 15+ levels difference. I came in to this guild around level 15 or so.  It has been a long road.

I have also seen in Guild chat the many thanks from many members given towards Qque for his help in obtaining Quest items, for helping them with something.  Too many times to count. Qque is there for us.

I have watched many people complain about many things and have seen Qques sudden comments come in and reflect my own.

I do not recall having ever seen anyone complain about Qque, except that he seems 'absent', and that was once and more of a joking passing statement.

I have seen many higher level characters leave the guild to group with another guild farther laong in having many, many higher level chars who are raiding and regularly going after higher level mobs and drops.

And yet, Qque has stated many times he is not leaving, that he is staying.

I do have a great deal of respect for Qque.  I myself see SLoT as my home, and despite the many times my heart has ached and my temper raged over things I have seen, I remain here because this guild and the people here have invested in me and I have invested in them.   I have watched higher levels leave for a variety of reasons, but common among most is that they wanted to play the higher end game with like-minded people.

I would LOVE to be in a guild that would allow me to learn all I can about higher level raiding, gaining XP and higher drops, but SLoT is not yet there.  I know many people in other guilds and have received invites from a few.  The dream of being level 60+ still haunts my dreams and is still a goal to attain.

But I remain in SLoT because this is where I belong.

I see Qque saying the same thing.  And my respect for one of our main higher level Guildmates raises higher for the fact he COULD leave and has places he can easily fit into and be warmly welcomed into.  But he choose to stay here.

That kind of dedication, deserves and commands my respect.  I am proud to have Qque as a guildmate.  That we butt heads sometimes makes the hurt greater.  But anytime he needs something, I try my level 50 hardest to support him.  

Despite Sundays situation, I still like Qque and I appreciate his willingness to stay here in SLoT despite the obvious temptations to be elsewhere more suited to his characters ability.

I hope that others can also come to share my view of him.

Archived