About Why I left GuildbashingGuildbashing was my I

Rumblebore

I left the Guildbashing event today for my own reasons.

I understand that after I left someone claimed I said something bad about the Druids there.  That REALLY pisses me off. The ONLY thing I said before leaving was said in the Guild Officers Channel that I was leaving and that an officer needed to take charge.  THAT WAS ALL I SAID to ANYONE.  You who made up words and attributed them to me - You are rude.

Why I left:

Guildbashing was my idea and I worked hard to make the event rules back in october.  I asked for help here in the forums and received it and I reposted the rules when I announced todays event.  But when I got there and explained the rules, several of you chimed in supporting the person who said there were too many rules and that he was ready to leave and that we should just play.  I asked if you didnt want rules and many chimed in again about "just playing". I wanted it organized and structured, you didnt.

So I let you 'just play'.  On several occasions you ignored me and/or made up what you wanted to do.  And you all had fun.

How can I fault you guys for having fun?  That is what this was all about.

And so, I have to blame myself for coming to this event with faulty expectations.  What I wanted to see happen didnt and wont and I grew upset and resentful.  I left before I said something nasty that was not deserved.

So, although a lot is being unsaid, you have the essential understanding of why I left.  My expectations did not stand up against yours.  And I was there to help you all have fun.

I know many of you did and I hope you all had a great time. Despite me.

Archived