Opinions Needed Please

Elathiel

Ok, finalizing the plans for our Archery Contest so we can get it sent to Stratics and other fan sites, but a quick opinion poll 1st.

Do you think it a better idea to use the original plan of a human target in Fel (we have graciously been given the grounds of The City of Wind's Fel tower to use) or the archery targets near/in various cities (seems to be whats been done on other servers)

I have rulesets ready to go for either conclusion once I hear from you all  :sword:

Personally, I think either or is appropriate as they both have their strengths.

On one hand in Fel, it can offer a somewhat unique experience by using live targets for a tournament of this sort. Some perceived negatives would be the potential exposure to thieves and or murderers, which could also be a nice feature with having a "police" squad to protect the tournament goers.

With archery targets you can obviously eliminate that concern as use in tramm or guardzones in fel would limit the exposure to such activity.  

Ultimately, I would look at it from a view of where would you get the most participation as, that's really what you're looking for here.

Ok, we are all set.

The PGoH Tournament of Arrows will be held at the Trinsic archery buttes on Saturday, Jan. 18th at 5pm EST. Registration will be on site beginning at 4:30pm EST and will be cut off at 5 minutes prior to the event starting. It will consist of 20 shots per contestant with the highest 3 scores

taking home the prizes (awarded immediately concluding the event). Players will use bows provided by the tournament ONLY.

Anyone using a non-sanctioned bow will be disqualified. Anyone taking more than 20 shots will be disqualified.

In the event of a tie for any of the top 3 positions, a shoot-off will take place with 5 arrows.

There is no entry fee, but you are asked to provide your own arrows. Prizes for this event are as follows : 1st Place ... 200k Gold Pieces, 2nd Place ... 125k Gold Pieces, 3rd Place ... 50k Gold Pieces

If you have any questions, feel free to visit the PGoH skypage at www.thehonorwmpire.org or send a carrier pigeon (ICQ) to Elathiel at 157772576.

Well, as you ca see, I decided on Tram to increase the participation level. After talking to quite a few people and looking through past Fel events, I think this gives us the most exposure. Ideas/suggestions? Also, now that I have the details done, how do we get it posted on Stratics? And finally, if anyone would like to help with the prizes, feel free to let me know haha. If not, I put up prizes I am comfortable honoring myself, so no worries at all  :cheeburga:

Thank you both VERY much for your support and help !

It is very much appreciated and makes me look even more forward to some events coming up. I have 3-4 neat ideas ready to go, so as soon as we get past this archery tourney I will be putting the ideas up here on the board so we can all decide which to do next. I'd personally like to see an Empire sponsored event for all of Catskills at least every other month. Heck, monthly if we have enough broad-reaching ideas  :cheeburga: