WOW!  Kick arse speech!

Lolanya1

While I (Baldaek) am in another guild, many of my alts continue to be in SLoT.  I am very pleased to help with SLoT activities, raids, epics, etc..  I will continue to do so.  My current guild offers a more rigorous structure which has just grown more rigorous within the past few weeks.  Although not exactly protocol. I wanted you to read how an officer of a Tier 4+ guild reacts to recent guild events.  

I offer this message not in the hopes of seeing a similar change in SLoT, because the family aspect is what keeps me hanging around and chatting with my extended family, but rather as a brief insight into what we should expect to be up against if we want to jump into the Tier system.  

Always thinking of you,

Baldy, Lola, Net, Shansa, Xarrna, Jasmen

Some things are going to be changing soon in the guild and we wanted to give you guys a heads up about it.

1. The app level requirement is now level 60.

- To be honest, this late in the game and with most of the guild level 60+, recruiting under level 60 people just does us no good.

2. Raiding will be increasing.

- We gave people a large amount of space to level and get what AA's they could. We are going to be concentrating on raiding an average of 4-5 times a week very soon.

3. You will be responsible for keeping factions you want.

- We have been going easy on certain faction mobs because several guild members had quests to finish. We will now be taking out these mobs. If you have a quest you need to finish, you will be responsible for keeping the faction up after we kill mobs. The guild is on NO faction. It all must die. The officers will also be watching for people dying deliberatly to enrage or /Q'ing to avoid factoin hits. If everyone did this we would lose some fights and we not having that.

4. The arguing and #####ing in guild WILL STOP.

- We have noticed a disturbing trend. Several people have been arguing in guild chat and (X channel). This does nothing but destroy guild morale and cause hard feelings. People who have a trend of starting #### in guild or causing problems are going to have a rude awakening. Thats right, if you are one of the ones causing arguments, trouble, or #####ing about loot, officers, or guild problems publicly, you are going to be gone from this guild. You can be some other guilds problem.

5. People not listening to Officers.

- When officers tell the guild to do something... Do it. If we tell you push the mob, push it. If we tell you to back off and turn off attack, Do it. People not listening on encounters are making us sloppy and people ####ing up are going to start being called on it. We are tired of being nice. If we are to stay competitive, we have to work as one efficient unit. Not throwing 50 people at a mob and hoping it dies.

6. Only officers or raid leaders give orders in chat.

- If you are not an officer, officer sanctioned person, or Raid leader, do NOT give orders or commands in chat. It causes confusion.

7. When we say move to a mob... MOVE YOUR ASS.

- We as a guild, move like frozen molasses. We have lost mobs due to this. We have seen people staying in experience groups, asking for ports 50 mins after we ask you to get to the mob, stay on twinks, etc. We ask you to move to a mob, get off your ass and move to the mob. We are going to be having a time limit from now on. If you are not to the event a certain time after we say move, you are #### out of luck. We are no longer going to waste time porting late people to events. If you want loot and to kill a mob, start moving when we say so. If I as a shaman can get to ANYWHERE in EQ in 10mins tops, everyone else can too. If a guildmate can't port you, pay for a ####ing port. I rarely get a pickup from a guildmate. If we have to raid somewhere, I spend my 100pp and port there. Don't be guild port dependant.

When we first formed, we were efficient and were kicking ass. The officers have been slack on enforcing guild rules we all decided on when we first made Formidable. We are going to start going back to the way we were. Get ready for it. This guild is fun and we have a lot of potential, but we are going to get rid of the slackness, wastefulness, and laziness and go back to kicking ass and taking names.

Makes me wanna be level 60.

get ready people - We are moving TOWARDS this type of discipline.  The fun and games have their place, but this post above carries A LOT of what SLoT officers are now talking about seriously about implementing in this Guild.

We are not yet at Formidables level of play, but we are trying to get there.

And that takes Discipline and dedication, and the whining, complaining, and heavy use of Guild chat as a chatter box is destined to come to an end.  Many people have expressed theri disatisfaction to officers and we as officers are getting irritated at it.

We want the family feel, but with a strong sense of unified purpose AND the Self-Discipline from each member to grow up and get ready for heavier action and supportive gameplay.

Thanks Baldaek, from one dwarf to another.

Archived