Raid suggestion...

Aubringer Hypnotic

Hey all,

Just throwing out a suggestion here to the masses..

While I would like to continue raiding Kael for armor pieces and Fear/Hate for epic pieces, would anyone like to try a raid on a smaller (I hope, correct me if wrong) scale in Cazic-Thule.

I'd imagine you would not need as many people as Fear, the loot is pretty good, and it would still work as a good training excercise.

The reason I bring this up, is I was running by the ramp in Feerott and decided to check it out.  After being taken to half health by two guards in seconds, I though it might be fun with a group....

Just a thought, not sure if CT is worthy enough for us or vice-versa....

CT is a very tough zone now, I have been there a few times with another guild and it is nothing like what it used to be. The mobs hit very hard and the argo range is very large. We could possibly have a group at the entrance but will definitely need a cleric and a chanter for mezzing and some major tankage. There are some pretty nice drops there but the majority of it has a level limit of 51. Saite had a sword from there and its really nice. The average lowest level in CT is 53, go here and check the zone out http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com

Darkmoon Blade

MAGIC ITEM

Skill: 1HS   Atk Delay: 19

DMG: 10   WT: 1.0   Dmg/Sec: 11.05

CHA+12  HP+65  

Class: BRD

Race: ALL

It doesnt show here but there is a level limit on it of 51.

CT is a 55+ zone.  But to be effective, the majority of the impact players should be in the 58 to 62 range.  At 57, I went there to see what all the excitement was about.  Many of the mobs were even or higher cons to me, 90% summon, 50% cast (at least heals), and most enrage or rage (a few flurry).  

If you go there, don't be surprised to not make it to the courtyard.  The two Tae Ew's that guard the entrance door are more than enough for most lower-end groups.  I really wouldn't even think about trying the maze without a solid 58+ group, which would include an evacer and a mezzer.  Anything deeper is suicide without the most disciplined group(s).  

There are some awesome drops there now (Boots of Flowing Slime is perhaps the premier item, but certainly not the only uber loot to be found here).  And a few quests that can be done completely within the zone.  Tradeskills got a huge boost from some of the stuff that drops here, especially tailoring, baking, jewelcraft, and smithing.  But you'll unlikely find many of the ingredients due to drop rates and the difficulty of getting to the mobs in question.

Good luck in CT, if ya go.  And remember to bind your casters nearby.

Baldy

A group of us went to CT a few weeks ago.  Zanthissar, torzam, bobun, rumble, tinaktin? and myslef.  Group of mostly low 50's.  

We killed first two guards, one was yellow the other red to me at 52.  After that there were more lizards than we could handle, and bobun ended up dying and the rest had to zone.  They hit hard and often and have huge agro radii.

This zone would be great to get into, but i'm not sure if slot is currently up to the task.  You really need a chanter for CC and a cleric to heal, the two druids (bobun and I) had trouble keeping up with the healing on a single pull.

CT is something to aim for, but i personally think we need to stick to kael and fear/hate to get better gear and few more levels and most importantly learn about each other and the other classes ablilities.

Thats cool...

I guess I never really thought of an old world, Earth zone in such a tough was...Heh, it's wierd hearing that we better stick to Fear/Hate before we tackle CT...never knew it was that tough....thats cool though ...just a thought.

Archived