Clerics

Lilor

Ok it was brought up a lil while ago about starting to equipt our clerics. I do think this is a good idea but I think the starting point that was set was in the wrong place. Instead of getting our clerics decked out in "uber" armor the will prolly excede the warriors armor, I (personally) think that we should start helping them finish their epics. OK so yeah if we get them great armor then what? A cleric with 100+ ac is not goin to do us much good. Granted there will be alot of wisdom and mana gained off these items, most in likely, but I think that a no mana clicky rez is much better all in all. During a wipeout, or near wipe out, this will prove better as things will go 2x as fast. No mana for resses remember. Or if someone goes down during a battle then a target then click and that person will be ready by next fight. No time lost in healing or waiting for mana. And they still have mana to heal MT. WE do this then it will amke it alot easier to get EVERYONE "uber" armor. If peeps have their hearts set on getting someone decked out in "uber" armor start with the tanks. I am not talkin about me either. Mine will eventuelly come but some of the others that are comin up quickly. Dont take this the wrong way cause I think everone needs armor but the casters don't need upgraded as bad as tanks. I mean what good is a cleric that has 255 wis and 1200 ac if the tank only has 1800 hp and 800 ac unbuffed. THis would equal the tank losing life really fast and the cleric running out ofmana and everone dying. Now that I have rambled on in what to me right now seems like meaningless turds and I have prolly offended someone, confused them, confused myself, or what ever I will just wait for other posts and answer questions when they come. I also think that some may have taken this the wrong way. I stop now

I agree with you for the most part.  However some of that equiipment would contain Focus Items which will help the group.  For instance at level III (for level 60 spells and under) the Focus Items include:

Improved Healing (20% healing)

Extended Range (15% spell range) Cleric can be further away

Extended Enchancement (15% spell duration)

Reagent Conservation (15% less gems used)

Improved Damage (15% greater DD spell damage)

Enhancement Haste (30% spell haste)

Mana preservation (10% less mana used)

Spell Haste (15% spell haste)

Complete Heals are not included in the above.

But maybe you can see how this would help everyone in the raid group.

Most of the Focus Items that I currently have are Focus II (for spells 44 and below).  When I get to 49 and new spells they will not work.  The Focus Item Armor is much more expensive then just AC armour.

So maybe the answer is to get selected items that Clerics can borrow for Guild Called Raids.

Regards, Lotara (Tara) 42 Bard and Zannette (Zann) 46 Cleric

I brought it up because I have seen clerics asking for what the next best armor is and because I tried to help one a few times to find a new BP (many months ago).

The idea of a clicky stick is VERY desirable, but I haven't heard of any of our clerics mentioning that it is a high priority to them.  Considering how much chat there has been in Guild about epics, the lack of talk on the Cleric Epic by clerics is somewhat disheartening.

So it must be up to them to respond and tell us if they want help.

Just so our clerics know, we WANT and truly NEED you to get your epics.  The CLERIC Epic can easily become a guild-wide priority and I am sure the officers and most high levels will GLADLY jump in to help get you Epified ASAP.  Having 2-4+ epified clerics in a guild event or raid would make things go a lot faster with CR's and would strengthen our base for raids enormously.

(Let me say that I know that some people will object to my raising the Cleric epic above others, but 1 clicky stick on a planar raid makes a LOT of CR down time disappear.  Heck it make down time disappear in any event.  No Mana 96% rezzes also helps them save mana for other needs.  We can still work others epics, but it would be really good to have at least 2 of these in our guild.)

But you all MUST decide to participate.  We can't force you to do it.  Please speak up and we will arrange times and support (porting, combats, items, etc).

As for Tara/Zann comments, the level III items you speak of tend to be with what I call "raid mobs", where a group of level 50's+ need to camp or hack their way to a mob and then hope the item drops.  Not in all cases, but your point IS valid.  However, this same point can be made about every class out there that casts.

Both points need to be addressed, but in an orderly manner.  I will raise this issue among the officers at another date.

Been reading what you guys are saying about Clerics, and fact is we don't have enough of them....I am planning on playing with my cleric more and leveling her, once Makkuni gets to level 55 she will rest for a bit and work on my cleric which is now only 21....

Maybe there should also be raids for those levels and practice on raiding for when they get higher they know what is expect of them....think about it  :)

Been reading what you guys are saying about Clerics, and fact is we don't have enough of them....I am planning on playing with my cleric more and leveling her, once Makkuni gets to level 55 she will rest for a bit and work on my cleric which is now only 21....

Maybe there should also be raids for those levels and practice on raiding for when they get higher they know what is expect of them....think about it  :)

• 2 weeks later...

We do have a few clerics I myself have Tishna level 52 now. The only thing is sometimes there is only like one or 2 clerics on at a time.

Also with the epic discussion.  I agree the cleric's epic is important and so is making the few warriors we have into uber tanks.  All classes are important in their own way. But yes these items are needed for most high, high level raids.  :smash:  :sword:  Hopefully Tish can start on hers soon.

Maga (Hunters Moon)  :)

tank armor......well,i have noticed that there are large gaps in what the wars are wearing...lilor for instance,no disrespect or offence intended,really is woefully under equipped,bitteliten could use new armor,am not sure on many others,but jaqs and myself seem to be fairly well off.the kael armor is great,i really like it,jaqs has a good amount of it,but it can be expensive to pay for the gems needed.i myself had to sell an acrylia bp and my venom axe to get the gems needed for a piece...maybe we can work out some way to keep the armor that is not being used because of upgrades in guild...not sure how this could be done....but something that could be thought of....and i would like to say clicky clerics would be GREAT!

I learned somthing new today when i was talking to a high lvl enchanter about what helps with skill and so forth.. And just learned about focus items i didnt know what they where really playing a bard i had never paid much attention.  But i see that they have very good benifits to offer by helping spells last longer which means casting less often which means more mana overall... i think they are needed for sure

and not just for clerics

:smash:

Last Night, I MQ'd the Orb of something or other with Leanessa, the first part of the Cleric epic is done for her!  

YAY!  WOOT! Go Team!  :p

Needless to say, since i had a hand-in as well, I got something in return for her next steps.  So... like it or not, I'm gonna be there for Ixiblat Fer in BW on Sunday, the 12th of January at about 3PM ish.  I suggest you be there too.

Baldy

Epic'd in 2002

Again Lola ...ya beat me  :p  :alcoholic:

Yes ... YaY...the first part of epic is accomplished...and not without the help of Windiien and Lola.... Thanks Heaps you two...

And now....Sunday January 12th...at approximately 4pm CST we are going to try very hard to take out the big ole meanie in Burning Woods... and this is what I have on Fir...

Take the Sea Shell to Naxot Deepwater in Burning Woods.  His location is (3400, -2150).  He spawns there at 6pm gametime and despawns at 6am.  He will give you a message to Natasha.

Now you must kill Ixiblat Fir.  This is a level 62 immense Fire Elemental.  Hit hits for up to 575 damage and has over 32000 hit points.  He spawns in the Burning Woods at (-2000, 1500).  He casts a 300 damage Area Effect fire based spell. This spell is immune to fire elementas.  His magic resistance is average to below average for his level.  He is not completely immune to fire based spells but it is recommeneded that you use cold based magic.  Once he is gotten down to low health, he will try to run.  Try and keep him still because he has a fast regeneration rate.  Loot off of him is Sceptre of Ixiblat Fir.  This drops every time.

After Fir..then comes the Overking Bathezid Di"Zok.  This level 63 sarnak spawns in Chardok and takes a load of people to kill.  He casts a 500 damage Area Effect spell, complete heal, gravity flux, and gate.  You have to be careful when killing him.  If you fight him at his spawning location you must be careful that you don't aggro the Queen and you also have to be careful that he doesn't cast Gravity Flux.  That will aggro more mobs in upstairs rooms, such as the Herbalist.  You can also fight him in the hallway but then you have to be careful he doesn't gate.  Then he will start summoning people and they will die.  Loot from him a Singed Scroll which drops every time.  

Take the Singed Scroll and Sceptre of Ixiblat Fir to Omat Vastsea.  he will give you the Orb of Clear Water and Natasha Whitewater will spawn again.  Give Natashathe Message to Natasha.  You will receive the shimmering pearl.  

That would then complete the 2nd part of the cleric epic quest.  

So there you have it people...that is what I am working on now....

All of your help is appreciated and requested...

Leanessa Nobleheart

Just to be safe, perhaps we should try to use our Guild Alliances to bring in plenty of heavy hitters for these, and to continue to ask others who did it what worked best.  That way, we can learn from them and by doing so we can be better prepared for the next time a cleric comes to this point.

I REALLY want to see Leanessa get her epic.  I hope that we can al pul together and support her in this.

I will be there Lean!!!

Thank you all for your help and support....Windiien and I have worked on this for some time now....lets see is it 3..4...or 5 times that we have had to start all over...I think I have lost count...roflmao...and thanks to Lola...(aka Baldy) for getting that mob in Sol B...which has now attached him/her to this epic...

Even tho I have tried to not bother anyone for this it seems that we have now gotten to the point that I have to ask for everyone's help...and for which I am most appreciative...

Baldy, Wind, and I have conferred on this epic and I rely on Baldy a lot...(especially since he has been thru this already and has more knowledge than I do on this epic)...Wind... I know has helped on Baldy's epic and has actually dragged me around on mine....

And during our talks...Baldy has convienced me that yes the cleric epic is important enough to get off my arse and really try to get this done....but it seems that my problem is lack of confidence in my ability to organize....I have not been on another cleric's epic....as of yet...just been working my way thru this one....so I do not know the ins and outs of what is really needed for a relatively safe hunt on this epic...

So all your help and input is appreciated...and I rely a lot on Baldy...

Leanessa Nobleheart

Lean,

Not everyone is an organizer.

I think as long as you know the specific steps for a specific part of your epic, and have someone who has done it to bounce unsure details off of, you should do fine.

And you have done SO MUCH for us in this guild, asking for a little help is NOTHING compared to what you have done for us.

We gladly help and support you in this endeavor.  Ask away!!

:smilewinkgrin:   :biggrinSmurf:   :smilewinkgrin:   :biggrinSmurf:   :smilewinkgrin:

Good for you Lea.  I will help you with this as I can.  It will be great experience for my own epic when I get older.  And you deserve the Guilds support for all that you do for it.

However, I am confused about the time, 3 pm which time, 4 pm CST?  I would love to be in on this but I have a prior commitment that will last until about 2 pm PST and I may be a little late.  Can I still come?

Regards, Zannette

Thank you Everyone.....

I must appologize to Baldaek....I am so sorry...the confusion is mine....I was going backwards in time....3pm your time is not 4pm my time but 2pm....

So Baldy...set the time and date....(someone Bonk me please) and I will endeavor to get the time straight this time...and please people if I am incorrect in the time  please please bring it to my attention....LOL I tend to get the time zones mixed up as you can see.....

Thanks again Baldy...and again I apologize on the wrong time...

Leanessa :D

Doh you silly cleric you :p  :D  :smash:

Well post the time  when you guys get it set up again Soltek works swing in PST so a weekend is best for us.  we can set the alarm clock so we there on time just let us know and we will be there... with enough warning i might bring some trolls along for the bashing too :sword:  :sword: we all know how trolls love to bash  :D

My dearest Lean,

Great job on getting started on your epic. I see by reading what you all wrote that the mobs are very difficult to bring down. You have my support, let us know when to expect the next field trip.  :;):

Maga (Hunters Moon)  :eye:  :alcoholic:

Archived