Towards the High End Game

Rumblebore

I read a post at Allakhazams about a Breastplate and found this gem from a High End Gamer.  I want others to see it to think about.  As we gain in level and move towards higher end playing, these thoughts should begin to permeate our thinking about raiding: How we raid, why we raid, what we raid, and where we are going as a guild.

This is food for thought.

Copied from Allakhazams, The Breastplate of Fiery Might:

(Player Name),you obviously have no idea how the high end game is played. This item is awarded to an individual based on many things. No single person can "earn" this item, rather the whole raid force "earns" the oportunity to award this to someone within the force who may have through many raids earned the right to wear such an item.

For you to say that warriors are incapable of earning anything only shows how little you know. Tell me how many successful ToV raids you've seen without a good MT? None. Any monkey with a weapon can stand in front of a mob and beat on it. It takes a bit more to manage agro, keep the mob positioned properly, etc, etc. If you don't know what I'm talking about...you never will. The same can be said for other Melee, if you're not the MT your job is to inflict as much damage as possible withOUT gaining agro.

All classes are needed, an Army of Warriors could not walk up to any of the named ToV dragons and survive the encounter with out the help of a bunch of Clerics to keep them alive. The same can be said for Clerics, or Paladins, Rogues, Rangers, etc. It takes a well balanced raid force of people with their act together to make the high end mobs dead. Personally...I wouldn't trade the Paly's in my guild for anything because they know their game and we are better for having them with us.

If I'm not Main Tank, Secondary Tank, Third Tank..whatever, it's my job not to get agro. I do my job very well, if I'm getting hit my cleric may have to heal me rather than a MT or ST. The most recent run through the Ssra Temple doing the second Rahg I did NOT get hit a single time through the entire fight. If I am MT or ST etc, it's my job to keep the mobs attention on me...ME alone, the reason for this is so clerics can consentrate on healing...ONE PERSON. It's called efficiency. If all your clerics are trying to heal everyone but the MT...MT dies, clerics die, Paladins...DIE. Everybody dies. It's pretty simple. You work as a team, one unit, efficiently, everyone working together, doing their part to make it successful. If that means keeping the mob on you, or keeping the MT alive, or keeping the cleric who's keeping the MT alive, debuffing the mob (poor shammys, they die a lot getting slow in, I love you guys) Chanters doing the Tashicide boogy, without everyone doing their thing...the raid will fail.

I have this BP, and yes...I did earn the right to wear it by spending more time than I can freekin remember in ToV, countless raids, countless critters, doing my part, helping make each kill successful. Did I do something at the particular kill where I got the BP that I could say I "earned" it? Probably not, I was there, doing my job, along with another 50 of my friends who equally deserve the right to wear this thing. I'm just greatful that they feel my contributions have been such that they chose me to award this to.

65th Overlord

59th Preserver ~ Veeshan

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=43054

------------------------------

Think about this and our fumbling attempts at raiding.  We have a ways to go to become like this player and his guilds level of play.  But each time we raid together, group together, we can be honing our skills and ability to make a raid very successful.  For the Guild as a whole, not just the individuals.

Archived