Saite

We need to really step back and look at the guild, we all have our cliques that we hang with but we need to get the others involved. We have lost alot of good peeps because of this. We, the officers, are the ones that needs to make the others feel like they are welcomed and if they have any problems, that they feel comfortable coming to us with it. We have been focused so much on leveling that we have forgotten about the little peeps that cant group with us. They need our help as well.

This is just my opinon, with all the new peeps joining us from the other guild, we need to make them for welcomed as well. Not just invite them and then say, go level up and then we can talk.

Saite Evesong  :sword:  :D

I’ve been pondering what Saite has been saying.

Thank you Saite for bringing this up.  We not only need to make others feel welcomed, but we need to build a stronger sense of unity and ‘brotherhood’ as a guild.  Saite’s point that we as officers need to help ALL levels is very true. And since TKO probably had officers who transferred over also, we need to incorporate them into our chats here and work closely with them.

My thoughts run along those lines but down an additional track.

Here is what I have to say along those lines.

When we get into the mode that we need to level and focus on that, then helping others who aren’t with us in the here and now becomes a much lower priority.  I know that when I got on, headed to DL to level, waited 15-30 minutes for a group, then started killing, only to have to leave the group to head out and help a guild-mate often was frustrating. It only happened a handful or two of times, but those times were not the best for me until I got to the place and was able to help another.  That helped make the effort worth it.

For me, focusing on a task makes the game much more fun, because I have a goal and work to accomplish it.  That is the heart of so many things in this game. But it can also be a bane to those of us who have additional responsibilities.

But to help others, to remember what I went through to get Rumble to where he is, the help and assistance I received at random times from fellow guild-mates, made the game rich and sweeter. I think of all the Rez calls we get and those few clerics who drop what they are doing to zone and port  to rez someone.  These people are Heroes of SLoT.  How many times do they have to drop everything to run and help others?  

Frankly – I want level 49 so I can get new spells and abilities, and to also be closer to Planes of Power-level of gaming and to be able to handle higher level mobs, etc.

But now that we have more peeps, we NEED to change with this change.

We have tried a few things, and one in my mind stands out as a great example. That was establishing one zone that a range of levels group in on a weekly basis.  If you come online and are level 43, then you already know that ToFs is where we are Guild Grouping that week.  If you are 53, you know that Velks is where the 50’s are grouping that week.

Here is an idea to ponder.

1)  We no longer emphasize leveling. We now emphasize Grouping.  We keep making this our priority since we gain XP along the way and Drops also. If players cannot use the drops for their mains, the item goes to the guild bank to sell for raids and to help with individuals who need assistance.  XP is a natural part of this and is a major part of the Grouping. Drops and Plat making are of course desired.

2)  We can build friendships and a sense of unity in this way. We can hone group skills for raids and camps.

3)  We can also be in a position to bring a few lower level chars who are ready into the higher level group to gain better equip.  In the example above, let’s say a paladin 46 is invited to a Velks raid.  During the raid, several pally pieces of the Thurg Armor quests drop, and that 46 pally has Kindly faction and the gems to make better armor.  We can camp specific items (like weight reduction bags and related quests) which we ALL can use. We can camp zones (LGuk comes to mind for some reason) to add plat to the Guildbank.

4)  We can make faction building weeks where we camp something to build specific faction or camp to get the items to make keys to higher level dungeons. (like the Shawl quests and Velks Quests needing higher faction).

5)  We can group to help a specific person with a personal quest or (epic !!) item.

6)  Sometimes, certain mobs come up on a random day and we can adjust and take an ENTIRE GROUP to the new location to address the matter, instead of pulling many individuals from their XP groups to make up a group.

7)  Perhaps we can also put together a Dragon Raid of mainly SLOT and a few other friends.

The benefits can be great, and I think it is our next step where we need to go.  XP groups can still form and we NEED to help those lower levels too.  We can make a level 30’s grouping zone as well as a 40 and 50 (and now 60 too).  But it means we as officers need to work these things out and be willing to offer help.

And now the tougher part of my idea, easily discardable if you want.  I think each Officer should make a cleric or necromancer or SUPPORT/LEVELING character and work to level that character whenever time permits.  In that way, WE can take care of our guild peeps whenever there is a need.  The most common requests are for transportation and Rezzes.  To have a Cleric easily available to offer rezzes or a Necro to summon corpses from hard zones (where it is allowed) offers great support to the guild.  I am working 2 alts right now, a wizzy and a cleric, both in Paludal.  Not just for this reason but because they are both FUN.  

I do this so that I can also offer aid and support as an Officer.  Since I took this position, I believe I also took on a responsibility to offer greater support to my guildmates, and these two other characters will be able to offer that in a few weeks or months.  Sure calling on other existing players (non-officers) to help is also desirable, but I personally will be offering this type of help which I believe is part of what I accepted when I accepted the position of officer. Rumble is my main but is limited in rez help and but is a better option for corpse retrieval.  He also has helped with PLing really lower levels, by pulling mobs and while they agro on him, the others beat the mob down (Rumble was not in group).  It worked really well the 2 times I did it in EC and once in Oasis.

In all, and whatever else may be gotten from this post, I agree with Saite – we need to change our focus and find ways that we as officers can help the guild to grow and unify, no matter what the level and no matter which guild we come from.

I think that the Weekly Zone Grouping idea has the best potential for building unity and also a sure knowledge that when you get online, you KNOW what is going on, where to go, and can even camp in/near the zone.

And we need to find ways to support those who are lower level (1-30 or so) in growing up into great contributing members of SLoT.

Okay – My speech of the day is over.

Hello,

Well this topic hits very close to home as a new officer and member of SLoT.  I was in Tribunal Knights of Old (TKO) one day and a member of SLoT the next.  We are still smarting from the transition.  All of the new web pages, etc will be a challenge for a lot of TKOers as it is new to most of us.  But learning the people in the new guild will be our biggest challenge.  

To incorportate all of the new members should be one of the first goals of the officers.  Both the old clicks and new members.  We should have a Guild meeting where we can see each other and have a planned activity that mixes the people.  

Later another Guild meeting with an activity such as a group scavenger hunt.  Officers make up the groups of various levels and classes so that all groups are nearly the same with one porter, one tank, one caster, etc.  The officers can make up the scavenger hunt lists of easy newbie stuff and hard hunting stuff that can be done in a two hour time period.  Each item is given a point count.  Points are given for each person in group that returns with the highest point count going to the person with the lowest level i.e. a level 60 gets 1 point while a level 10 gets 50 points.  Other points can be added for different things.  The total point in each group are then compared and prizes given to winning team members and second place team members.

I like the idea of taking weekly camping areas for various levels.  And all of the other things that Rumbleboor said.  He has some great ideas.  

We officers of SLoT also need to meet and do team building exercises.  Maybe do some easy camping like in Echo Caverns (after all I am only level 40 and don't know other good places to hunt).  The idea is for us to get together and learn how to work together.

But the first thing we should do, and an easy thing, is to greet each other.  Help the new ones get on guildmagic.com and into the SLoT Roosters and the officers into this forum.  Mention to players that you have seen their topics/replies in the various forums.  If you remember playing with someone earlier, mention it to them thru a tell.  Talk to one another.

We of the old TKO need help and encouragement at this time.  We had a great group of people that can make SLoT stronger if we can keep them interested in this guild.  Most of us are waiting to see what will happen.  My first impressions are very positive.

Regards,  Lotara (Tara) of 40 Songs

Ok this is why i love SLoT so much. i get the opportunity to get on the website and see how much you guys care about everyone. I will keep this nice and sho rt like always. We will have an officer meeting on Friday at 7pm CST and i need all of the officers to please announce in guildchat so that all ofiicers can see it!! Thanks and please bring all these items to the table on Friday, great idea Lotara!!

I hate to put a damper on all of this great work you people have done with the web page.  But a lot of people from TKO are not very computer literate. TKO just got their homepage in Oct and not everybody was registered because they did not know how.  And it was much simplier than this one.  We will need to education them on how to register, both in Guildmagic and in The Honor Empire Forums.  I had trouble registering and it took me three tries and I like to consider myself computer literate.  The email back to us has a link that does not work.  I thought I was done but had to print instructions and do the final step manually.  Very frustrating.

Also where and how do you have officers meeting?  Please treat us as newbies for awhile and bear/bare with us.  Also I live in California in the Mojave Desert and have above group telephone lines as my only means of communications.  No DSL or cable out here yet.

One final word.  Would it be possible to have a place where new SLoT members could go to find out how to register in all of the places they need to?  I thought I would go on to the SLoT home page and do everthing there.  When I saw all of the other sites, I paniced and thought I was in the wrong place.  To print out the detailed instructions would be helpful.

Thanks,  Tara

well i try to meet up with all officers during meeting and what i mean by that is i prefer that all officers gather up at an easy location! Its up to you guys where we have it we can decided when peeps start logging on if anyone needs ports just send me a tell i will be very glad to get all one!! As for checking on the emailed link i will check with our webmaster Balander!!

WOOT i finally firgured out how to get here  :D  :D  :D

and i see Rummy knows how to write a speak (good job rummy) i knew i liked ya for a reason

i hope to have more imput on things in the near furture im a little overwhelmed at moment .

Just happy i finally got in here

yes just call me blonde :D  :D  :D

Archived