My opinion of the PoH Raid

Rumblebore

In a word, it was GREAT!!!

Sure, I am disappointed at no pally drop items, but in all I really think this Raid went a LOT better and smoother than others seemed to (at least as far as watching on the raid channel told me).

Although it sure does seem the the PoH is an awfully confining place - there must be a way for Verant to enlarge the place, isn't there?  I was beginning to get claustrophobic......  :)

The things I liked -

It seemed more organized or planned - The pulls were well executed and maintained at acceptable levels, except for a few visitors that did overwhelm us.

Once the people started waiting for the Assist call and being patient about attacks, in other words, acting like a cohesive battle force, then the whole Raid became FUN and exciting all over again.

Once people left and the out-of-SLoT players started coming in force, the flavor changed. The cohesiveness that had formed and gelled turned soft and mushy, and "politics" came into play - I will give an example in the sour notes section below.

The drops were nice and I was glad Leanessa finaly got something nice for all her work on raids and for the guild.

Overall, I enjoyed my first Plane Raid.

Now for a little sour note - sorry about that.

/rant on

My group gained a few other players during the night (high turnover in my group). We had a warrior named Bazzo join us who had a bit of a mouth on him.  He asked who was our groups ML then began to grouse that we wouldnt get any plat/items from this, then went on about stupid rules, then encouraged others to loot in say mode a few times, etc. He did all this playfully but with barbs attached.  You'll understand when you see him in guild chat what I mean.  I tried to get him to realize the rules were different and this was how we were doing it but he occasionally poked at the issue in a playful yet irritating way, meant to get under my skin. This was all in group mode

Several times Saite called for peole to back up while we were on mobs and I echoed it, but only a few complied (mostly those who had been there for a long time). Of course Bazzo didn't comply and joked about not getting XP and for me to stop spazzing out.

I replied in a curt manner about doing what we are asked to do by the leaders the first time they ask.  Saite reprimanded me (that was ok) but I explained about my warrior and made her to understand that my response to him was sharp, but it was just part of an ongoing issue.

Soon Bazzo went quiet and just did his job, and actually did it well.

But to my horror, later in the evening, Eldoran said the words in Guild Chat - "Welcome Bazzo".  Yep, Bazzo is now a SLoT.  And his first few words and speaks in Guild chat were typical (but more playful than biting) to what I had to deal with. I would not have recommended his joining SLoT.

My opinion of him is we need to watch him closely.  We had a few peeps somewhat similar to him a few months ago when Eldoran then reformed the guild.  We may need warriors, but Bazzo bears watching.

Upon that sour note I say - I really did enjoy it all (with noted exception) and look forward to our next foray into Planar activity.

By the way - who will be getting Planes of Power next week?

I do agree on the fact that Bazzo needs to be watched, and closely. I want someone that I can trust coming on raids with me and not worrying about watching every move that they make and if they are going to ninja something they shouldnt have.

Kahratee...hmmm...he really irked me off several times during the raid. I think a guild meeting in a arena would be a great idea... :eatchicken:  *oppps...did I hit you...i'm sorry* *Darn it! I did it again, let me put my weapon away* *Oppps, it slipped..honestly it did*

Hmmm - Now THAT would be a fun event - A guild event where we bash each other, one-on-one or in tag team-like style.

And then we can try to whup on each other like we have always wanted to do.

Eldoran, THIS idea has a lot of potential for fun and laughs.

Of course, it can also go the other way, but if we announce the guidelines that if you come you better be ready to die and lose and not come away with resentfulness, maybe that will cull the whiners out.

I am going to post the idea in General Chat and see what people think.

Last night, I got to chat a little with Bazzo.  Qque invited someone and Bazzo replied with "you are gay".  I immediately let him know through tells that we have a 'protocol' about trying to make new members feel welcome and being greeted with that comment was inappropriate.  He eventually said he was trying to be funny, but would in future be more attentive to this way of greeting people.  I really got the impression he WOULD try to do better. He also thinks I was angry with him and apologized. I did respond to that with a (hehe) kind of comment and downplayed things a bit, but was firm in trying to convey that in the same way we made him welcome, we would like him to make others welcome also.

I think he is a young teen who uses humor as a way to be liked.  Just a guess only.  As much as I was against his joining, I am for trying to help him become a great addition to SLoT if it can be done.

Archived