XP for levels 50-60

Aubringer Hypnotic

Hi all, with the announcement of a new level cap of 65 in PoP, the urge to level has hit me harder than ever...

So, I was wondering if a handful (1 group) of peoples level 50-60 would like to gather a group and hunt the small mushrooms in Fungus Grove.  From what I hear they are one the better xp giving mobs for that level.  

I won't be on until Sunday 22nd, but it would be great to gather then...  Look for me around Noon EST, if interested.

Not wanting to exceed my welcome, but I would not recommend the mushrooms in FG for extreme experience for levels 50 to 57.  They hit way too hard, and do not have the reward you'd expect for your troubles.

I would instead recommend to group in a few camps in Sebilis (for which each member would need a key).  The camps commonly referred to as Gang (for Gangrenous beetle), and Guard (for the Guardian Sebilite Golem) offer better overall reward for the risks taken to get there, yet are generally the safest places to fight in the zone.  However, actually gaining these camps may take some serious time and effort.

Another keyed place that does not usually require waiting in line to find a camp is Howling Stones or Charasis.  You will need at least one rogue, one rezzer (cleric / pally), one evac'er (Druid, Wiz) to make the trip successful and get you home safely.  There is a modest experience bonus, and a high probability that a highly coveted object will drop.  Experience with a solid group is steady, and platinum income appreciative.

Yet another place, not keyed, that I would recommend for a group of levels 47 to 60 is Skyfire Mountains.  There are but two requirements, as i see them.  Have someone who can fear mobs (Cleric, Necro, SK), and someone who can snare mobs (Druid, Necro, Ranger, SK).  That is all you need.  I've made roughly 4 yellows from levels 53 to 57 with two of us, a snarer and a fearer.  The drops are decent, including a wide assortment of all Kunark droppable spells, and the exp is good.  There are places to pull and setup camp especially near the zone lines (BW and OT), and both a Druid and Wizard portal.

For those of you inclined to CoV faction work, I recommend a decent group go to the WL side if Kael and pull giants from outside the fort to the zone-line.  Snare/fear works well here too.  For lower levels, the giant fort in EW is a good place to move to amiable or better on the Coldain faction table.  Just watch out for the Captain!  Once you are dubious or better to CoV (it takes about 500 un-named or 150 lesser named Giants to get there) you should take the entire group to Cobalt Scar for the best "I kinda like you, so go ahead and kill me" mob fest you've ever seen.  Non-named wyverns there will not aggro (provided you're dubious or better), but will let you kill all their bretheren, give 'em wedgies, and call their mothers whores.

Go get 61!  But from the looks of it, once you get to 62 you cannot train any of the AA skills you could've learned in level 61, so be careful what you aim for.

Thanks for the above information goes out to Seria, Defeu, Windiien, Twurp, Soltek, Saite, and Linaboom.  Go team!

Cheers!        :smash:

OK Aub if and when you want to check out Skyfire id love to tag along i need a bunch of guts off mobs from there and im not sure how to get there lol

But Id love to learn the area i bet i can find a druid to go with us so let me know

:smash:  :cry:  :laugh: so give me a tell some time and we can see what damage we could do

I accedently stepped into howling stones once.  I was the only one there.  The zone in seems to be safe and it is easy to get to.  I am all for skyfire and howling stones, sebilis is rather crowded and fg is way hard to single pull without a lvl 60.

Howling Stones zone in is normally patrolled by two mobs, normally a skele and a goo I believe.  Once those two mobs are delt with, there are 2 golems at each door. North, South, East and West.  I think we singled pulled them with a 56 but its been awhile since I had been there.

Also Howling Stones requires either a Lock Picker Rogue, or a group with the patience to gather all the keys going from one wing, back to zone in, to the next, back to zone in, so on and so forth... (North, West, South, East if you do go the non rogue route... I never did for obvious reasons. :p

Also, the South (I could be mistaken, but I believe it is the South) Path leading to the first door does indeed have a pit trap there.  As well as there are many pit traps located throughout the zone. STAY OFF THE CARPETS!  You'll see what I mean should you choose to venture there.

The Northern Path is the simpilest path, tho this zone seems to balance ease with loot, for the Northern path's loot is sub par.  The Eastern path is a bit more challanging, with more items dropping such as the Erudite Mask for Rogue/Bard.  The Southern Hall I believe is home to the zone Boss, Drusella Sathir, KC's Veneral Sathir's beloved sister.  (The pictures that you see when you leave the Zonein and pass into the first chambers of each wing are pictures of a dancing VS.  Kinda funny.

As far as Loot for South wing, I dont know, never even been there to pick open that door.  (BTW, the northen door dont need picking I believe).  The Western wing is the toughest, but the most rewarding.  Blood Point drops here, a 4/24 dagger with a 250dmg proc drops here rng/bst only, ES boots, Kylong stuff, enshrouded veil ( i think...) ect...

A good group here would be a tank, rogue, monk, chanter, cleric, and druid/wizard.

There is no exit to the zone... the only way to escape is to either die or be ported out.

*So, the Druid/Wizard is most important

*So is a Cleric

*So is a Chanter, it is hard to single pull in here and the respawn time isnt all that slow, not as fast as Chardok, but not as Slow as Guk.

*If you are gonna bypass the keys, you need a rogue of Pick Locks ability (200 same as CoM and KC) so then that would put a need for a rogue and fill up the another space.

*Puller, either Monk or SK.  Tho its Hard to single pull, its not impossible, but the adds will kill ya here, so ya need the chanter anyway, and you need a good FD puller

*Tank, If ya go with the previous, you need a taunter, lest your monk can hold all the aggro and still be very resilient to attack.  

Probably could get away with adding a buffer or another if you had a SK pulling. And if you choose to go door to door, then the rogue aint needed, Tho why wouldnt you want a rogue in your group? :p  

Like I said, its been awhile since I've been there, some of what I have said might not be accurate, but if you decide to go its better to go in with some kinda knowledge rather than blindly... unless your sending in Eldoran.  He's a ranger. Let him roleplay and go scout first!   :sword:  :alcoholic:

:eye:  :eye:

Archived