Stonewall Family Storyline

Borg

post-3-0-44615800-1418630818_thumb.jpg

*Door opens and snaps shut behind a tired adventurer*

Bah….still no furniture I see”; comments Abolisher and Main Gatherer Borg as he tosses his helmet and kicks off his boots into the corner.

Nnnnope”; replies a voice from the rafters.

You know whos job it is to get me logs to work with”; replies Stone Arrow Gwul the resident carpenter as he leisurely rests in a makeshift hammock from nets in the rafters.

Aye….I know I know….but it wouldn’t hurt any of you clods to get out and help with commerce for the family so we can get a sea shack built and move at least a couple of you out….this place just reeks of feet.”; Borg responds as he kicks a pair of someone’s boots away from the household chest.

Well Borg….on that topic…you won’t be happy to hear that Gwul and Galam got hijacked yesterday just out of port as they headed to turn the 4th World pack to get their large farm deeds.”; Cook and Alchemist Colinmor mentions as he sits against the barren room wall trying to take a nap.

KRIMEY….isn’t that the 6th and 7th time you guys have failed!!!”; exclaims Borg in frustration.

Um….well no…we only have failed 3 times each and Colinmor failed once”; replied Mason and Tailor Galam.

Yeah….point being we only have failed 3 times”; Gwul adds in but gets cut off by Borg.

POINT BEING….thats the 7th trade pack sent to the bottom that I need to replace for you!!!”; looking deeply straight at Galam laying down on the floor casually.

Hearing all the yelling; Bonez, Templar Weapon and Armorsmith comes inside from the steps.

“Hey now…hey now….lets take a chill pill…no need to get everyone all riled up…we all just got here and there are tons of things to be done. We all made the plans out and knew this would not be an overnight success but one over time." mentions Bonez

Borg stands facing the burning hearth while the others linger in their areas of the cramped Ezra Crossroads house. Tensions are high to get things done but resources are hard to come by.

"Boss.... You took the lead and with it the brunt of work gathering resources, gold and gilda for the large projects Borg…and we agreed to deal with the tedious training of trades. Gwul while he doesn’t look like it has built up quite a storage of lumber for our clipper. Colinmor has begun ramping up healing potions for your adventuring and Galam has all of us with over 100 Hearafter stones…while we will need much MUCH more of them…right Galam?” ; remarks Bonez

Yeah, yeah a mining I shall go a mining I shall go…hi ho”; chuckling Galam replies.

Good cause I need craploads of ore if any of you ever hope to get anything in weapons or armor crafted. We all just need you to keep your cool and focus Borg….you have the toughest trade training of all in Machinery and Handicrafts…..but we will need those Submarines when we do salvage missions.”; Bonez finishes as he comforts Borg with a solid grip of Borgs shoulder with his hand.

We got this Boss?”; asks Bonez

Borg looking around the room… then to the fireplace….and finally back at Bonez responds; “Yeah we got this brother

Dawn to Dusk with The Barter King

It is the crack of dawn and Borg has started to put his gear on outside the Ezra Crossroads house in effort not to wake the others. Strapping on his leg guards on the steps and sliding boots on he stands and gets a long back stretch in before looking out over the early morning traffic. It seems there are a few other early birds this day in the Nunian Trade Company. Borg waves to the passing convoy of 5 wagons filled with trade packs heading toward Marrianople. It is a weekday, and many of the more youthful and zealot souls are at sleep still, at universities or some job working during the week….the mercenaries and reckless souls are few and far between these now Fall days. Fine by me….Borg thinks to himself on the issue. You see…Borg has signed a contract with The Barter King of Two Crowns (Balandar) to help him with trade packs from Solzreed to Yrystere….regardless of the conflict stance. The Barter King has a focus that could cut a diamond when he bears down on a goal….this day it is Trade runs all day long. In effort to get Colinmor his Sea Shack before all the locations are gone, Abolisher Borg has negotiated a deal with Balandar.

1 Sea Shack Deed (300 gilda) in return for 1 Fishing Trauler (250 gilda) and 2 souls (characters) to carry trade packs all day until Balander earns 300 gildas.

Setting out early this day are you?”; asks Templar Bonez as he rounds the corner of the house eating a morning bunch of fresh grapes.

Indeed Templar, what is it they say about the birds and worms?”; replied Borg as he slides into his chest plate.

Which other worm are you taking to carry the packs with you today?”; inquires Bonez as he helps strap up Borg’s chestplate.

Galam….his mining has his back stronger at this point than yours…besides, you need to start preparing the ore into Iron Packs. This Sea Shack will need many of them along with wood and stone packs.”; answers Borg as he picks up his helmet and summons his mount Baltazar.

Have Gwul tend the Windshade farm for eggs and process the turkeys at Balandar’s Backyard…have him plant down as many trees as he can….we will need a forest worth”; adds Borg as he shifts around in the saddle….seems a waking Lion is not in the mood to be ridden so early in the day.

Understood…I will wake Galam and send him via gate to the pumpkin patch….have a great day Mr. Delivery man.”; replies Bonez with a smile as he enters the Ezra Crossroads house.

Borg sets out for Balandar’s Backyard to pick up supplies and meet up with The Barter King of Two Crowns.

*Back in the Ezra Crossroads house……its quiet as a mouse*

Templar Bonez stands above Galam, sleeping pleasantly near the fireplace and contemplates the best way to wake the sleeping mason/miner/tailor. While water may be refreshing the Templar chooses a simple nudge by his foot until Galam swats at him and rolls over.

What in the name that is holy do you want?”; asks a grumpy and sleepy Galam.

Boss needs you at the pumpkin patch in 5 minutes….your going sailing cousin.”; replies Bonez still snacking on grapes.

Bonez begins to try and toss a grape into Galam’s open mouth as he lays on his back now partially awake and fidgeting thru a yawn and stretch.

SCORE!!”; Bonez yips.

Gah....”; Galam blurts out as he nearly chokes on the grape lodged in the back of his throat.

Alright…alright…alright already”; Galam relents as he stands and spashes a cup of water into his own face.

Templar Bonez opens the door and casts a gate as Galam jaunts thru and leaps out of the doorway. Arriving at the pumpkin patch he sees Balandar already making tradepacks for his 2 slave workers and within a few seconds another gate appears and out steps Borg. Borg explains the days plan and the two make packs and head to the shoreline where Balandar has his clipper already loaded and ready to go.

Hurry up you mutts, daylight is a burning….we have a ton of runs to do and after the first few…Borg we will use your ship as I will show you the shipping route to take the first few times.”; barks Balandar.

My ship…that was not in the contract…you have a fleet of ships to use….I only have one….and if we are sunk by pirates….”; Borg responds but is cut off.

Wah wah wah….you need to learn the shipping route….only bugs and jelly fish are the dangers…remember the YOU are the prime benefactor of the Sea Shack…..if we don’t do it now you won’t have a spot to build it without my help.”; coldly states Balandar as they head out to sea.

Just as Balandar stated…they see no one until they reach the port in Yrystere….as they all leap from the despawning clipper a pair of Eastern locals leap from the wall and attempt to steal Galam’s pack. The nearby Guards make quick work of them and Galam’s pouch of healing potions is all that kept him from losing the pack to the watery bottom. The area is in conflict, so they on the next run they are prepared as they near the harbor…again….no issues as this time the locals just watch as the 5 Cerberus brethren turn in their packs via Balandars wagon so that all the gildas go to Balandar’s female slave Naladinya.

Upon returning to the pumpkin patch, Balandar preps his packs and heads to shore and this time awaits Borg to summon his clipper. The team work their way on board and as Borg feared…Balandar begins to bark out commands and requests course corrections constantly. This is the maiden voyage of CUBE and as a new captain, Borg just keeps his mouth shut and lets Balandar spew the whole trip. Sadly, they run thru a swarm of Sea Bugs and a pair of papus latch themselves onto Galam and pull him overboard.

KEEP GOING!!!”; bellows The Barter King.

Borg looks back to see Galam slip below the waves….he is gonna be pissed for sure Borg thinks to himself.

Galam wakes up at the Nui statue back in Solzreed…wrings out his jacket and begins to ride back to the pumpkin patch for the next run.

Nice”; Galam says as he rides away irritated.

He was out before he hit the water…..you know that don’t you?”; questioning Balandar remarks to Borg.

Aye…but he was the strongest I could bring from my team…wouldn’t have happened if I didn’t hit that pack of bugs.”; answers Borg reluctantly.

Yup….now get us into port and lets not lose any more today.”; replies Balandar.

The trade runs continue into the noon hour when they take a break for lunch and upon returning from lunch they find Yrystere in a state of peace.

MOST Excellent!!”; remarks Balandar.

This means we only need to worry about pirates on the open seas…but we will be now under the gun to get as many done as fast as possible since the market could be flooded with others looking to deliver during peacetime in Yrystere.”; comments Balandar.

The team quickens its pace and they are doing runs in under 8 minutes but as predicted the shipping lanes begin to fill with tradeships and when arriving in Yrystere the docks are full of ships and wagons delivering packs. The day has gone exceptionally well though and Balandar has calculated he has reached more than enough gilda to complete his portion of the deal….and tomorrow will transfer the Sea Shack to Colinmor to build near Vantrim’s and Balandars existing Sea Shacks in Solreed harbor.

Borg thanks The Barter King for the day’s efforts and heads home with Galam to inform Colinmor of the news.

He better be pleased after all that slugging freight we did today”; gripes Galam to Borg as they ride back to the Ezra Crossroads house.

Sure he will….of course…and he will appreciate your help greatly”; answers Borg with a smile.

A moment passes and then Galam catches the way Borg has just said that last statement.

WAIT a minute….your telling me a SEA SHACK takes STONE to build!!!!....its in the OCEAN on STILTS!!! Oh COME ON!!! How much HELP does he need next?”; yelps a stunned Mason worker Galam.

Heheheh caught that finally did you….well I am not sure….maybe 1500 stone”; answers a chuckling Borg.

FACK ME!.....lordy.”; responds Galam

Well at least you don’t have to come up with 3000 logs of wood”; offers Borg to an exasperated Galam.

Oh…and don’t forget…Templar Bonez is waiting for you to start keeping him busy with ore to smelt.”; adds Borg joyfully.

Sure….why not…makes sense…I will be living in the mines anyhow….THE WALL cannot be found soon enough”; comments Galam as he accepts his fate.

Soon cousin…Cerberus scout ships have almost found their way thru the dangerous sea channels to Auroria….once they can break thru we will get you safe passage to THE WALL….till then get that mining up so you can benefit the most from that areas resources.”; finishes Borg.

Aye aye….captain….errr Boss”; Galam replies.

Hey now….whats the chance we build a nice Aurorian home for Bonez and me to be closer to those rare resources”; asks a curious Galam.

Pretty good Galam…you and Bonez will need one for sure….you will have earned it by then I am sure.”; answers Borg.

Guess that means we will make another deal with the devil?”; asks a now eager Galam.

Yes….yes it does cousin…..yes it does.”; responds Borg as he nods to Galam.

post-3-0-01960500-1418637269_thumb.jpg

LOOKS LIKE RAIN

Towns and villages bustle and the sounds of commerce fill the roads and shipping lanes across the lands and sea. The news of the first successful ships to reach Aroria and establish gates has brought the entrepreneurs of the realm to a frenzy of preparations and activity. Animal caretaker and Carpenter Gwul makes his routine walk from Windshade to Borg’s large farm nearby. The local yells and shouts from the Auctioneer area are strong enough these days to pierce the air outside the village limits.

Gwul shakes his head at the staggering prices for deeds let alone land itself. Gathering the round of eggs and harvesting the ready turkeys; Gwul hears a familiar voice approach.

“Hey there mister….have any golden eggs in there yet?”; Blighter Borg asks as he and Paladin Bonez approach on beast back

“Nope….not yet…I am starting to think there is no such thing. Perhaps that quest you are on for golden eggs is just that…a quest that will never end”; Responded Gwul as he offers up a satchel full of eggs and another of meat for Borg to use in trade packs.

“Much appreciated brother…our trade pack gold has helped Bonez here greatly in his Metalworking.”; comments Borg as he secures the satchel on his mount.

“Indeed cousin…my thanks for your work…soon I will be able to finish Metalworking and move onto Arms training. Ore is cheap but stone is not….so the coffers will need much gold to help bring in stone.”; added Paladin Bonez and the family Metalworker and Armsman.

“Well a big problem we have is ability to harvest and gather resources…our scrub farms and this one large farm are maxed out and we are always behind waiting for growth or have nothing to sell.”; remarks Borg.

“That’s true…we do need more land”; Gwul adds as he wipes off his hands using Borg’s mounts mane.

Baltazar takes a quck snap at Gwul, nearly removing his pinky finger. Baltazar swivels around and smashes one of the chicken coops with his rear legs as Borg regains control of Baltazar.

“Awww ….”; gripes Gwul as he sees the chickens scatter about.

“Let’s head out cousin before Gwul loses any more chickens”; smirks Borg as he and Bonez head over to the warehouse.

Reaching the warehouse the pair prepare Bonez with ore, vocational tonics and labor potions to help him excel at his training session of metalworking. The pair begin to walk over to the smithy when Bonez brings up potential good news to Borg.

“You know I was talking with one of the neighbors on Ezra road the other day and for a good price they would be willing to sell us a pair of their large farms”; Bonez reveals.

“Really? Make that deal happen cousin…I fear that the large guilds and competition for Aroria land will be more trouble than it is worth. We need more land and not just everywhere….but centralized. Time is profit and running all over the place wastes time and hearafter stones.”; answers an upbeat Borg.

“I will work on that”; replies a confident Bonez.

“Good fortune on your training cousin…I am off to start construction of Colinmor’s Sea Shack…we need alchemist Colinmor to start growing corals and pearls if I am ever to work on some handicrafts and jewelry.”; remarks Handicrafter and Machinist Borg as he rides toward Lacton Bay.

After waving goodbye to Borg, Bonez turns to the crates of ore that the two have brought to the Windshade smithy for him to begin turning into ingots….drinking his tonics the Paladin begins to smelt the ore.

--Back at the Ezra crossroads house—

Galam is helping Colinmor load up the mules to take his provisions and alchemy and cooking tools to the Sea Shack in Lacton Bay. Coral production will be started and now the family has a place to relax and fish at the beach.

“Looking forward to the salty air cousin?”; asks Galam.

“Abit…though all of us being cooped up in this small shack here has been ripe at times for various smells”; replies the eldest of the Stonewall.

“I am ready to get you all equipped with some good food rations and potions mainly cousin….and if Bonez can keep us on good terms with the neighbors and we can gather more land for crops I will feel much more confident you all will be better off in the wilds.”; added the family cook and alchemist Colinmor.

“Yeah I need to step it up at the mines, though now more miners will be in Auroria it should be easier for me to compete for nodes of ore and stone.”; Miner and Mason Galam states.

As they strap down the last packs on the mules the pair they look toward the sky and as if in a chorus both say…

“Looks like rain”

“Guess I should get used to being wet most of the day huh?”; comments Colinmor

“That is true…your gonna be more wrinkly than your age shows cousin…being an underwater farmer now”; smirked Galam.

The two chuckle a bit and head off to the coast near Lacton.

CARTS FULL OF GOLD

Auroria lands have made the mainland roads a bit quieter and the streets of the great city of Marianople fill frequently with barter and dickering over plunders and resources that now are brought by fleets of merchants, adventurers and even pirates. Still there is much to do on the mainland as real estate sales now seem to be as popular as thunderstruck trees. The Marketplace has offerings from the grand master treasure hunters which bundle their plunder with magical seals that they then offer as a game of chance to land riches or rarities…for a nearly the price of ones soul. Many are taken by these chests of chance and one cannot discount the fact that there are many more thunderstruck trees and logs available.

“85 gold…no less”; barks a merchant in the direction of Borg as he makes his way to daily assignments for Gilda rewards.

“No others cheaper my friend”; the merchant states toward Borg, as he has seen the Blighter take notice of his pricing.

“Put your donkey days behind you mate”; adds the merchant feeling confident he has Borg’s attention.

“This be a solid true log of thunderstruck….not a shadow or echo of a real one?”; inquires Borg, who has heard of fakes flooding the market.

“True it is….here come…look in my wagon….you can feel the energy still from feet away”; proudly states the merchant.

85 gold is a third of Borg’s total savings as he has recently sold their marine farmland for 250 gold now that they have built Colinmor his ocean alchemy house. Failing greatly to raise enough funds to secure a deal Bonez brokered with neighbors on Ezra crossroads; a farm cart would help. Borg knows there is the additional blueprints (50gold) and then the resources to build it…but the Thunderstruck Log is the ultimate piece needed. For months now his cedar farms have failed to be lucky enough to be struck and while Soot is a great mule and loves the carrots…a farm cart could pay for itself within one Cinderstone peace period of trade packs. Thunderstruck logs were selling for 250gold….now may be the time for Borg to make the bold strike of fortune for his family.

“Let us make the deal merchant.”; agrees Borg as he seals the deal with a handshake and the two trade gold for the thunderstruck log.

Borg heads for the nearest Owl and sends word to Bonez, Gwul and Colinmor to meet him in Windshade as soon as possible.

Gwul and Bonez have been stationed in Windshade for weeks working Borg’s farm and processing the ore shipments that Borg has procured with the past Donkey Trade runs. The pair sit on the slope near the warehouse and soon see Colinmor gate into view.

“Hail old man…over here….take a load off and sit with us.”; barked the new Master Armor smith Bonez.

The trio trade pleasantries, shake hands and sit to await Borg. They ponder what his request is for and or what new work he will surely bring to them…as it is his customary routine.

“I know he is not happy with my lack of Alchemy growth….he has been without health potions for weeks now….let alone any food stocks.”; confesses the eldest Colinmor, the family Alchemist and Cook.

“Well, I for one have been non-stop smelting the ore that he sends over…I am still looking at 5000 ore awaiting smelting. There is not enough time in the day to complete what he sends and it is beginning to pile up.”; adds Bonez.

“Lumber is slow to arrive for me but I keep a tend on the chickens and harvest turkeys for his trade packs…that keeps me busy enough…though I could do more….he is the logger not I.”; remarks Novice Husbandry worker Gwul who also is the Carpenter and Leatherworker of the Clan.

A familiar rattle of a bell is heard by all three as they see Borg riding Soot around the corner and on his back is a sparkling log of a Thunderstruck tree. As Borg arrives he tosses the carrot tease to Soot and dismisses the loyal mule to the stables….using the log as a giant cane….Borg looks at the trio and smiles.

“We are in business now boys!; exclaims a proud Borg

Borg hands out portions of the blueprints to each of the team and all are confident they have the supplies in storage to complete their portion.

“Good….good….I will meet you all at the workstation with your pieces……lets rock n roll!”; finishes Borg as the team all break for the warehouse and workstations to complete their portion of the new farm cart.

Borg heads for the workstation and sees his cousin Galam, family Mason and Tailor sitting on the fence railings waiting for him as his memo asked him to.

“Cousin..” “Cousin..”; the pair exchange greetings

Borg sits next to Galam and grips the railing beneath him tightly and begins to speak news Galam is sure not to like.

“I have good news, bad news and worse news cousin….I will start with the bad since that actually leads to good news”; states Borg.

“Alright, lets hear it.”; responds Galam looking at Borg as he pulls off his hood.

“I have failed at procuring the large farmlands near Bonez’s Blacksmith at Ezra Crossroads….we do not have the land to begin production of wool and yarn for your Tailoring to begin.”; Borg starts with and then pauses as Galam nods with a grimace of disappointment.

“I have though put the team to work on construction of a farm cart which will give us the ability to raise our trade pack commissions exponentially…..Soot is a good delivery mule…but the cart is the way to go and it will give us capital to get land faster than mule and carrot.”; remarks Borg with upbeat tone.

“We will be able to get 100 to 120 gold worth of packs into Cinderstone peacetimes in the time we have been getting 30 gold. This will enable us to buy the large farmlands we need to expand operations for Gwul and I to gather your wool and cotton for tailoring needs.”; adds Borg as he looks toward Galam who is tapping his heal against the lower railing of the fencing.

“It is important that we get you working on your cloth Armor because….and here is the worst news….I need to get you to Auroria and specifically to get you to THE WALL to harvest the vast amounts of raw stone that is there and that keep piling up as that area is so unstable and the mountain keeps collapsing on itself. “; finishes Borg with a deep breath.

“I see…..”; Galam spits out as he spits out a piece of straw he was chewing on.

“Under geared, under trained….under armed even….but under orders you need me to set up camp there and bring in vast amounts of stone….aye cousin?”; Galam summarizes and looks up at the clear sky as a small bird flies by.

“Pretty much cousin.”; responds Borg as he agrees with Galam’s assessment.

“You will need to use your magical spells to keep your stockpiles hidden until you need me to come get them from you….you will be out gunned and alone in that cave area.”; states Borg coldly.

“This satchel has the Windspinners Wish jewelry set that I have secured from the Shrieking Mines daily Gilda runs….it can only help you …it won’t protect you fully but…its something.”; Borg offers to Galam

“Nice….consolation prize first ….cute.”; remarks Galam

There is a few minutes of silence and a bit of uncomfortable feeling then Galam stands and walks a bit… then turns to Borg, still sitting on the fence railing.

“You owe me those farms cousin….and a farmstead. Cause when I am done with this beating I am going to get daily….I am going to want to kick back and relax and watch you all slave away the days….if I am going to go to a place of constant darkness…..gawd damn you I will relax in the sunlight.”; states Galam as he hands out his hand to accept the mission.

Borg stands and meets Galam’s gesture with a strong bloodline forearm grip.

“Now before I go I think I will go get some pitchers of Honey Mead….I heard The Barter King is in business of honey now-days.”; comments Galam as the pair see the rest of the team arriving with parts in tow to build the farm cart.

“Sounds good cousin….thank you….thank you for your service to the team”; replies Borg

“Make sure you get your end of the bargain done Borg….just worry about that.”; finishes Galam as he gates to Balandar’s Backyard.

The team assemble the parts in order and Borg, the family Machinist and Handicrafter begins to build the teams first farm cart. Soon it will be full of gold….soon as Cinderstone Moor is in peace.

Land, Land and More Land is Never Enough

Commerce between Lacton and Cinderstone was bringing in nice weekly commissions for the team but costs of production, travel expenses completing gilda runs and losses to pirates kept the gold from ever exceeding 250 it seemed. Now new blockades were the rave for the larger cartels to create on chokepoints at Dewstone Bridge and market crashes were commonplace as the larger trade fleets swarmed into Cinderstone. A new plan and new trade routes needed to be utilized as the farm cart was basically spinning its wheels and the family was getting nowhere in saving up gold for land purchases. post-3-0-92286900-1418637134_thumb.jpg

Borg has travelled to see Colinmor at his sea shack to seek guidance. Colinmor was the patriarch of the family and while leadership had fallen to Borg…wisdom was abundant in the man of many more years.

*Borg glides to a short water landing and makes his way up the sea shack steps*

As he opens the door he finds Colinmor just awaking and sitting up along the floor of the empty room.

“Morning old man…we really need to get you some furniture don’t we…my apologies father”; Borg comments to Colinmor.

“Well that would be nice…age does not let one get up as early and fast as it did before and mere blankets sometimes do not satisfy an old back long at night.”; replied Colinmor as he stood and stretched out his back.

“I will work on getting you at least a bed…but I need some ideas on trade routes. We are not getting anywhere with the piracy losses, blockades and market crashes recently working the Lacton to Cinderstone route.”; explained Borg

Well….the chokepoint in Dewstone has no solution unless you employ an emergency matching cart and driver…that in itself has costs you know already. Have you upgraded the cart yet?; asks Colinmor as he walks out and looks at the rising sun from his deck.

“Matter of fact I am just 2 Thundestruck Trees away from upgrading the cart to a wagon and already have the upgrade certificate to boost it to a hauler right away.”; answers Borg as he also steps outside on the deck.

“I have fulfilled the conditions with the Barter King and he has his Fishing trawler. Recently, he allowed us to expand from 3 to 5 scrub farms within his Two-Crowns area and I have put them to growing trees in hopes of getting thunderstruck.”; offers Borg

“Betting on the weather is never a good thing son…lets look at changing the production to Gweonid Dried feathers to Two Crowns and keep the Cinderstone Tart Mead running until we can get larger plots to produce Two Crowns Pomegranate Cakes to Gweonid. We will still have to deal with the choke point at the Dewstone Bridge but…we can stockpile more and eventually not have to wait for Cinderstone to be in peace. Let the large cartels crash the Cinderstone market all they want then…we will get more thru Gweonid and Two Crowns back n forth.”; responds Colinmor with confidence.

Borg nodding in agreement looks around the railings abit and asks;”Where is your fishing gear?”

“Ya know I have no idea…that would keep me busy since we haven’t the stockpiles to crank up alchemy yet.”; answered Colinmor.

“I will send over from the warehouse the crates of worms we have from the farms….put them to use and we can sell the fish and get this sea bed some consistent coral saplings for you.”; Borg finishes with as he heads out to begin the days new plant rotation.

*Over at the Windshade large farm*

Gwul is tending the chickens and now new geese pens as the farm recently was hit with bird flu that took down 4 of the chicken pens. Gwul had reached out to one of The Barter King’s servants Naladinya who helped him replace the losses with 1 Chicken and 2 Goose pens. Naladinya was a master at many trades and suggested to Gwul he look to put in a pair of Duck Pens and a Bee hive if he loses any further Chicken Pens. Bees are very hard to manage and once you get a productive Queen Bee then tending to it will teach him a lot.

Plans for future Sheep, Goat, Yata and Bear and Cotton farms hinged on Gwuls ability to build them. He needed to be ready and able once the team secured those new lands and Galam would be put to work on his textiles production.

As Borg arrives in Windshade to gather a few grapes and stockpiles that Gwul has harvested he sees Bonez motioning him to the smithing shop.

“Hail cousin, I have over 2000 ingots and need space for another 1000 soon. Do you know if any stone will be coming in from Galam in Auroria or can you use them on your Handicrafting?”; inquired Master Armorsmith Bonez.

“Galam has not reported in so I will take them off your hands and put them to use cousin.”; answered Borg.

“Good I will move the stockpile over here near the Handicraft kiln for you”; responded Bonez.

“Excellent…I need to talk to Gwul about our new trade runs and how his log supply is going to be shut off for a while until we can get more land”; mentions Borg as he heads toward the Windshade large farm tended by Gwul.

“Oh boy”; Bonez mutters to himself knowing Gwul will not be pleased.

*Gwul sits below the Jack-o-Scarecrow and stands as he sees Borg approaching on Baltazar’s back*

“Brother…I have some bad news to bring you. Father and I have agreed that we must change trade routes….doing so will mean log production will be on hold until these new routes provide us gold to buy more land”; informs Borg directly to the point.

“Well then…that’s unfortunate. Here I thought I would hear we landed some thunderstrucks and the wagon was in operation”; replied Gwul as the two shake hands in greeting.

The pair trade commentary and then Gwul informs him of his recent conversations with Naladinya and her suggestion of a Bee Hive and Duck Pens.

Borg nods in agreement and adds that he will procure a Bee Hive for Gwul. The addition of Duck Pens would allow daily 3 Gilda Star rewards from the always hungry Auctioneers.

This would boost their ability to get Colinmor his own Fishing Trawler that the team could also use for sunken ship salvage runs.

“Until your able to make seed bundles boss….Naladinya said she would be willing to produce them as long as we supplied all the resources and blessings”; stated Gwul.

“You taking a shine to The Barter King’s slave?; asks Borg with a smirk of harassment.

“Perhaps…..”; responds Gwul as he shakes Borg’s hand and bids him farewell.

"Just remember little brother....she is a slave of The Barter King"; Borg responds as any concerned brother would

Borg heads out to complete daily runs that the Marianople vendors offer in trade for Gilda coins. He has forgotten that Bonez has tons of ingots waiting for him at the Smithy shop in Windshade. His mind is wrapped up at the moment with the changes and plans and the constant demands his family has for more land and more land.

As Borg rides north to complete the advertising chore he mutters to himself…

Lordy the taxes are going to be insane…

Foundations, Families and Flags

Upon arriving to this realm the Stonewall family followed the soul of a General in another land of Azeroth, Commander of Imperial forces and Ancient of Sosaria. The house of Stonewall, Martok and Ebonblack have travelled across the stars, galaxies and the universe together….always in search of adventure, conquest, glory and honor. Here they stood together under the banner of Cerberus through the primordial days of the world and as the world settled so did Cerberus. Cerberus aimed to be a self sufficient guild of tradespeople capable of achieving any goals their leadership set their minds to. As the realm developed and Cerberus built its capital in Two Crowns….the difficulties of tradespeople to maximize and produce the highest quality equipment fell behind the needs of the Cerberus military wing and factions began to rise. Eventually, large numbers of the marines including several founding officers parted ways with the Cerberus population. Their desire to push the military agenda and utilize the fleet for controlling trade routes soon found many of them labeled as pirates of the open seas. The tradespeople and remaining fleet with few marines and a small handful of officers now sought to bring stability quickly to the crumbling Cerberus capital. The remaining officers invoked a pact that many of them brought to this realm from another world and the Evil Bastages rose their flag on the capital building in Two Crowns. Ironically, their colors of a hanging skull of a pirate now looked more dark and imposing than their previous 3 headed dog symbol.

post-3-0-36455100-1418675211_thumb.jpg

“I have learned in my life so far that Time is very efficient at one thing…breaking down everything mankind seeks to build and maintain. This is true with buildings we build for ourselves and monuments to express our dominance in the world at that time. Time will even work against us directly as living beings breaking down our bodies and our communities we create to survive Life’s great challenges. Whether man made or by nature itself; these challenges can only be defeated or kept at bay by vigilance and constant adaption as Time itself presents new assaults upon what we believe is forever.”; Colinmor says as he fishes out of his small rowboat as it gently rocks in the Lacton Bay.

“Agreed my friend, it has moved us from realm to realm in the past and now I must send my kin Uglutz the Shaman back to Azeroth for the Clan Skullcrushers and Wobbly Goblins are faced with great new threats.”; remarks Lord Revus of the House of Martok.

“Your family has been loyal to me and our common dreams within this realm as we have traveled together. It is in this spirit that I am offering Uglutz’s farmlands in Two Crowns to your family to put to use to help you prosper here.”; offers Lord Revus to his eternal friend.

“Land is at a premium my friend…surely you could get quite a payment for such aligned lots and of premium location within the capital area.”; Colinmor says as he turns away from his fishing.

“Perhaps….but time is against me and Uglutz must depart….who knows soon I may have to follow him as well as my soul feels very weak here. In honesty for several months now it has weakened …we are not as young as we once were old friend and my patience is shorter it seems and the call to arms and ale is few and far between…but what I yearn for most in my older years.”; Lord Revus says with some sorrow but confidence of a man who has learned what he seeks most.

“Understood…I remember that feeling and I know there are times that the same tugs at Borg and Gwul”; agrees Colinmor as he nods and assures Lord Revus he is not wrong in his feelings.

“I know Bonez and Galam can handle any property that you wish to grant us to hold in your stead. We will maintain it and if you or any of your family wish it returned we shall do so unconditionally”; finishes Colinmor as he places a hand of support on Lord Revus’s shoulder.

“Now how about we catch something for lunch”; Colinmor says as he smiles to his eternal friend.

Colinmor thinks to himself that the loss of Lord Revus to the Evil Bastages may be one of the last links that keeps many to follow the banner with all their kin. He has heard from Borg that many of the great tradespeople have already left with members of The Commerce King Glavius’s family to forge a new Trade Cartel to deal with the blockades and bullish behavior of guilds bent on grief and harassment. There will may only be original founders of Evil Bastages left soon.

*Back at The Barter Kings Backyard*

“You offered assistance without payment? How long has this gone on?”; asks an angry Barter King toward his slave Naladinya.

“Not long…master….I did it to help them since it would help them fulfill the contract and get us the Fishing trawler master….I did it for US!!!”; bellows Naladinya as she cowers on her knees as The Barter King paces angrily.

The Barter King suddenly stops…

“us…..Us……US!!!”; barks The Barter King.

“THERE IS NO US….there is just ME…I AM THE BARTER KING….and YOU ARE MY TOOL TO USE TO BUILD THIS GREAT HOUSE of EBONBLACK!!!”; Yells Balandar Ebonblack, The Barter King.

Staring down upon Naladinya; Balandar breathes deeply and slowly he begins to calm down as he realizes how Naladinya is trembling. It is in that moment he realizes how his vision and goals have become a nightmare and oppression to his own family and ones he deep down truly loves. Balandar has pushed his blood, kin, slaves and friends for months to build up The Backyard area into a functioning enterprise and economic powerhouse. Tomorrow he planned to have Borg remove all his scrub farms from the area and begin construction of The Ebonblack Great House.

Balandar reaches down and pulls Naladinya up to her feet and holding her shoulders he apologizes to his loyal slave.

“You are right…it is us…and I could not have built this all without you and the others help. We will need Borg’s help too…help he will not be happy with but…your help has him now in debt”; comments The Barter King.

“Master…in that one statement you were Balandar and then ended with being The Barter King….do you hear yourself?”; Naladinya offers delicately.

Taking a deep breath again for a few moments….Balandar nods and tilts his head with a chuckle

“You caught that did you…well hard to change instantly you know…I suppose we could give him the Gweonid lot as it is far off and tedious to tend.”; responds Balandar The Barter King.

“There is another we could help master”; comments Naladinya as Balandar pours himself a mug of honey mead

“Oh my gawd….hmmm and who might that be lovely Naladinya the savior?”; Balandar says with sarcasm.

“Jadeynn and Kytae…remember them from the Imperial days in another galaxy?”; answers Naladinya as she takes the mug from Balandar and drinks it down heartily.

Balandar stands and nods as he pours himself another mug of honey mead;” Yes…yes…we shall aid her”

“I will hold you to that master”; Naladinya says as she walks out of the old office to tend the farmlands.

“Give them an inch and they take a mile…meh.”; mumbles Balandar to himself as he drinks his mead and smiles devilish to himself.

The next day comes quickly and The Barter King is not pleased…though he is keeping his composure as he and Naladinya await the arrival of Borg and his kin to remove the scrub farms….Borg is late as the sunrise has begun and Balandar wished to have this done at the break of dawn before land thieves awoke.

Soon the sound of hooves are heard rumbling from the south and Borg appears thru the morning fog with his 5 kin ready to remove their scrub farm claims for Balandar, The Barter King

“Finally, what did you all do sleep in as usual?”; comments a visibly irritated Barter King.

“Good morning to you to old friend….and yes…yes I did oversleep as Gwul and I were up late getting a queen bee settled into her new home in Windshade”; quipped back Borg as Baltazar slowly circled the Barter King.

Dismounting and watching his family go to work at removing the claims; Borg thanks the Barter King for the Gweonid large farm deed that was enclosed with the request for this morning activity.

“I appreciate the land in Gweonid, Balandar…it will help with our new land trade routes we are establishing….perfect timing actually”; thanks Borg.

“Hmmm….meh….you don’t say!?”; responds The Barter King as his eyes follow Naladinya as she coordinates Balandar’s team in preparing for The Great House.

“Yes it is wonderful how the master has helped Sir Borg….so charitable my master is.”; proudly Naladinya remarks as she passes the pair.

“Be Nice….”; Naladinya whispers to Balandar as she passes his farther side.

“That’s what 2 larges …..we have helped you get now Borg?”; comments Balandar more than asking.

“Indeed….and I see you have put our mutual arrangements of the past to benefit as well…I see your new Trade ship in Backyard Bay below the cliff …is she a fast vessel?”; Borg points out as he senses The Barter King is trying to maneuver him.

post-3-0-04932900-1418675177_thumb.jpg

“Um yes….that is true….it is ironic that many pirates ignore me once they see the logo…fearsome site many think I am a pirate of the open sea.”; Balandar comments proudly.

Now both the great families are working together as one and within a short moment the foundation of The Barter Kings Great House of Ebonblack is raised.

“YES….FINALLY!!!”; The Barter King Balandar yells as he claps and everyone join in rejoicing at the accomplishment they all had part in.

“Looks good….and just in time….there is Jadeynn and Kytae….WELCOME to your new land M’ladies!!!”; Borg states and welcomes Jadeynn and Kytae.

The Barter Kings slaves begin work on the fencing as Borg is pulled aside by Colinmor while Galam assists Jadeynn and Kytae on the location of their 2 Scrub farms in front of The Great House of Ebonblack.

“Lord Revus has indicated part of his family has left for Azeroth and he has offered to us 2 large connected farms near his farmhouse in the capital area.”; quietly Colinmor states

“Revus what? Is he ok?”; remarks Borg with concern for one of his most Ancient friends.

“I am not a doctor but I could see his soul is strained greatly…Uglutz and his forces have left to take up arms with the Skullcrushers and Wobbly Goblins in Azeroth as we speak….the land is awaiting Bonez to pay a small stipend to cover the paperwork and we can begin work there.”; answers Colinmor.

“Additionally, I have pledged our families support and aide in any fashion Lord Revus may need in the future.”; adds Colinmor as he motions for Bonez to come to the pair.

“Of course…of course…absolutely the right decision.”; agrees Borg as he begins thinking of this great opportunity and timing.

Bonez arrives and Borg hands him a small pouch of gold and before he can explain what it is for….

“This to compensate me for sitting on crates of ingots waiting for you to show up at the Handicraft Kiln?”; asks a slightly irritated Bonez.

“Oh crapola….I forgot….I was so caught up with the trade route and cart work.”; Borg responds seeking forgiveness.

“No cousin…. This is for informs him purchase 2 large farm lots that will have secure sale signage in his name next to Lord Revus’s farmhouse.”; answers Borg as he pats Bonez on the shoulder and with a head motion urges him to depart.

Bonez goes over to The Barter King standing in his construction site… congratulates Balandar and he and Gwul leave. Galam approaches and informs the team that he will be assisting the ladies in some questing this day…and he will resume mining tomorrow. Galam has been quiet and cryptic as his success in THE WALL area of Auroria…something Borg will need to get to the bottom of.

Balandar sees Borg sitting at the crafting station looking out over the Backyard Bay and soon joins his Ancient friend and asks what has his attention so far away.

“It has been a long and rough year my friend…here and abroad across many realms and realities”; answers a pondering still distant thinking Borg.

“You surely have had challenges I pray I never have to face….never.”; Balandar says as he sits down and joins his friend looking out across the sunlight ocean..sparkling as if it was covered with diamonds.

“We both have had our challenges here….you have done very well Balandar….your ocean trade routes are envied by many and I am finally able to establish consistent land routes for my families growth. Now I can begin solid training soon….perhaps I may catch up to you in something….eheheh.”; Borg remarks and ends with chuckling.

Perhaps indeed with your 2 large farms in production as well as the coral reefs..”; Balandar remarks but is cut off.

4….4 large farms…Lord Revus has sent Uglutz to Azeroth…Bonez is finalizing the land transfer now”; Borg interrupts with but still keeps looking out over the ocean.

“Well well then…nicely done…I did not know of Uglutz leaving.”; Balandar comments with a one eyed eyebrows raise as if he was a Vulcan from the federation space world.

One could sense Balandar getting excited inside a bit for he had coveted forever the pair of large farms in front of his small shack in the capital area.

“I figured you should know since they are the pair of lots in front of your shack there.”; Borg says unemotionally.

Balandar holds his breath looks up at the sky and one hand tightens into a fist as he taps it to his knee…

“Great…wonderful….we are neighbors still.”; Balandar says as he holds back the anger of The Barter King.

Borg stands and takes a few steps, turning his head a bit he motions to summon Baltazar and makes a final comment and question before departing to work on the new farms.

“As this new year is upon us….we should talk further about our place here and abroad across the many places we have built refuge and homes for all our friends and families…..some we need to find again. The Honor Empire families and players across the world are what I desire to connect and adventure again with…..we must return to our root charter Balandar. Friends, Family…..Empire and HONOR.”; Borg states and then heads out on the back of Balatazar.

“Yes….I guess we do.”; Balandar says to himself….not realizing Colinmor is approaching.

“A lot to digest aye old friend?; offers Colinmor.

“Indeed…much indeed”; Balandar answers as the pair now watch The Barter Kings slaves continue to build The Great House of Ebonblack.

“Shall we go into the office and start brainstorming?”; asks Colinmor as he starts walking to Balandar's existing small house nearby.

“Lets start with this current flag we all follow.”; Colinmor begins as the pair enter the house and close the door.

Archived