FB Link: Landmark Livestream: January 15, 2014

TheHonorEmpire

EQhammer reported:

• Vertical claim expansion is currently not implemented, but they would like to add it at some point particularly for building into the sky. SOE doesn't want you to do too much underground claiming, however, because a lot of exploration gameplay relies on the underground being free to explore and mine. However, if an overwhelming amount of players want to build, say, subterranean dwarven cities, that might be taken into account and adjusted for.

Kinda miffed about that but i see the point - still going to build some of what I have in mind, if only as an exercise to learn the tools. Assuming I wont be able to build too much undersground, I can at least build on the side of a decently steep hill/Mountain. We'll see.

• Check out some screenshots of a teased NPC monster, the Chomper:

Galaxy Quest (The Movie) had a Chomper(s) in it. It was a very badly written episode...... :p

• Initially there will be buffer space between your claims and the claims of others, for performance reasons (this means no seamless guild/group builds). However, this is subject to change based on player feedback and wishes. The final decision will definitely be made based on what the players want.

So we just need to find Mr Roger's Neighborhood and make ourselves neighbors.

Given that they are doing an open house on Jan 31 down in San Diego, it suggests that maybe January is NOT going to be Open Alpha month. Of course, what do _I_ know?

Given that they are doing an open house on Jan 31 down in San Diego, it suggests that maybe January is NOT going to be Open Alpha month. Of course, what do _I_ know?

Actually, they said during the live stream that those players would not have access to the live servers (they then corrected and said the live alpha servers) or be able to retain any progression/templates. So I'm still under the impression we'll see alpha any day here unless for some reason they push it back. They've been working on the weekends as well. So I think they are pushing hard to meet the President's twitter date comment, which is technically in 3 days.