Great Divide - The Frost Giant Hunt

Rumblebore

Please note - This is an updated Posting regarding this topic.  THIS is the current and correct information. I have a dinner engagement on Tuesday Aug 27 and I will not be available then.

Rumblebore

On Thursday August 29, at 5:00 PM PST, I want to get a group of people together to hunt FG's in Great Divide at the location between the Spires and the zone to Eastern Wastes for XP, FG's Toes (for the First Coldain Shawl Quest) and Kromrif Heads (for the 2nd Shawl Quest).  The zone will be our escape point if the pull goes bad.  The City of Thurgadin is near enough to run and sell and get bound at also.  The spires allow Wiz and Luclin porting, and on the far side of the zone is a druid/dragon circle.  I would like to see a couple more melees than me and at least one dedicated Cleric.  I invite Mains whose level is between 36-45, but if you are lower please ask me if your char can attend.  I would like to limit the number of Higher lvls (46+) to attend IN THE GROUP(s) that we form, although your presence as a watcher and as backup will be appreciated.  That is to insure that the XP we get goes to those who are trying to level up to 46+.

You can bring an Alt if you have a Main 46+ already.  I do not want to turn anyone away though, so we will make groups to make sure that XP is attained by all.

We are to have gathered BY 5:00 at the GD/EW zone line.  Please plan ahead of time to be there if you decide to attend.

I plan on turning Tuesdays (Yes I do mean Tuesdays) into regular grouping days, and to perhaps make a day called Quest (day of the week).  This Quest Day will be for us as a guild to gather to intentionally help someone with a quest, or an epic, or a camp for an item.  Any item or quest within the range of our levels can be pursued. Helping get that better weapon or caster gear or spell, or just a weight reduction bag for several people are ideas for this day.  One day a week wont be enough to meet all needs, but at least this is a place to start.

Please Sign up here and let people online know about Next THURSDAY.

Also, give feedback about the Quest Day idea.  Again, let people know about it online.

Thank you.

--------------------------------------

Current List of Attendees:

Rumblebore ---------  40 Paladin

Linaboom -----------  45 Bard

:angry:?

:D?

For some reason your Magelo link does not work Rum.  Try a different approach.  

I would suggest working on your CoV faction is probably more important than working on your Thurgadin faction.  The killing of named giants even at the outskirts of Kael carries much more weight than anonomous FG's in GD and EW.  

But, if immediacy is your goal, then I may suggest that with larger groups (10 or so) you do the giant fort in GD and with smaller groups (6 or fewer) you do the giant fort in EW.  Recall that experience is not the issue here, rather faction is the key.  Just by shooting one arrow at each giant being taken by another group, Lolanya has been able to consistently build her faction to the max ally Coldain, amiable CoV point.  The benefits far outweigh the negatives.  By being ally CoV (even dubious or indifferent), you open up 4 new zones to explore in realtive safety (Cobalt Scar, Skyshrine, Western Wastes, Temple of Veeshan).  

I will help when I can.

To Lolanya -

Actually, my intent was to find an event which was 1) easy access, 2) easy escape/zone (in case of impending disaster), 3) a big enough draw members (Killing giants), 4) potential benefits, monetarily and with items, and 5) would bring members of the guild together to interact in a group environment.  While you have brought up VERY GOOD points, since this is but the beginning of what I hope to be doing weekly, I wasn't trying for the heavy Raid-type feel, I was intentionally trying to get members to GROUP for FUN.  If people do that more often AND benefit, it will be easier to get them into the type of Raid-type groupings you are talking about.

The group went well with no deaths (Except Bullvai, after he had left the group and needed a save, which didn't come in time).  I did get him a Rez though.

We killed well, had a lot of fun, switched to Shardworms for a while and played safely with them also.

In my opinion, it did accomplish what I hoped and also gave me a little feel for those 35-45 that attended and are working towards the magic 46+.

------------------------------------------------------

I intend to make Tuesdays and Thursdays what I call EVENT days/nights, which means essentially that I will plan events around the lower levels (25-35, 35-45, respectively) so as to bring the Mains and some Alts into a Guild-Grouping activity which helps them 1) gain XP, 2) gain items, 3) builds friendships and guild spirit, and 4) helps us as a GUILD grow stronger.

I spent many months missing out on events because Rumble was too low to join.  I want there to be at least a weekly event for those lower levels to have 'for themselves' while the higher levels work at higher raid activities.  They are in the guild and deserve to have a place for themselves instead of feeling 'left out' and frustrated.

I will announce Tuesdays event by tonight, but I think I will make next Thursdays event the Rathe Mountains and more giant killing for plat and XP (and fun!).

Please suuport these events when you can.  What we ARE missing in the level 35-45 range is a Cleric.  We have a Shammy (40 - Bordun) and me (40 Pally), but could use a Cleric.

Thanks for all who came and participated.

Archived